A-Level Alert: 6'8" NBA-Level First-Round Draft Pro Athlete Targets UFC

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
U5665P1117T41D3202F698DT20130929130532.jpg

Inspired by Kobe's competitiveness, ex-NBAer Royce White chases dream to be UFC heavyweight champ

By Kevin Iole

“One of the benefits of starting later is that you get to have a sense of calling,” Royce White said. “I hope to be able to bridge the world between basketball and MMA. I don’t mean basketball players, but I mean the neighborhoods around the country where I came from where guys choose to play basketball at an early age. If I can help to inject that kind of enthusiasm about mixed martial arts into those communities and we start to get a lot of those NBA-level athletes, NBA-level talents, to venture into mixed martial arts, I think that will eventually expand mixed martial arts greatly.

“I do think that the Kobe Bryants of the world would select MMA at least some of the time if they had a proper understanding of it and an approach to the purity of the competition.”

“He was a naysayer silencer,” White said. “He was driven by silencing the naysayers, and he did it in a way where he’d say, ‘It’s not that I’m giving you that much credit as naysayers, but I am getting a bit of satisfaction knowing you were out there naysaying when I broke through. That’s the Mamba mentality and that’s what I think you need to bring to your job as a high-level professional athlete if you’re serious about succeeding. I believe in what I’m doing. I believe in my coaches.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/inspired-b...am-to-be-ufc-heavyweight-champ-225807655.html

Last edited:
Always a day late on the news

You do it on purpose

RIP HW division, no wonder why Cormier and Miocic kept talking about retirement despiste both being at the top.

A-level?

Yoel Romero be like “hold my beer”

he's also one of the authors of "MMA x NBA: A Critique of Modern Sport in America", so he must have been thinking of it for awhile

Being tall is not inherently advantageous, ask Stefan Struve. And picking up MMA when you're 30 also isn't usually a winning formula, especially with no other combat sports background. If he makes it through the amateur scene he would probably get stomped in the UFC, but hey I'd love to be wrong.

People will shitpost but tbh I'm happy that MMA is becoming much more mainstream and athletes are looking at it and thinking of competing and such.

He gets finished by the Australian dude who drinks beer out of shoes......

he has bug eyes and will not take punches well

Steve Kerr played in the NBA. And he was a long ass way from being an A-Level Athlete..

Hoyce is certain to be a future champion imo.

This guy will be the best Royce to ever grace the Octagon.

from flying knees to flying heads... such is the evolution of the sport and its athletes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back