A-Level Alert: 6'8" NBA-Level First-Round Draft Pro Athlete Targets UFC

Uh that being in the NBA does not make you A-Level. That should have been pretty clear LOL..
Don't think anybody claimed it did. There are basketball players that are in the NBA because they're really athletic and that can translate, and there are unathletic people (NBA standards ) that are highly skilled. Steve Kerr, is the latter. This isnt rocket surgery

Omg what a genius. Talking about purpose.
The intelligence of an ”A level athlete”: trying to make kids choose MMA instead of basketball. Lmfao.

from flying knees to flying heads... such is the evolution of the sport and its athletes
speaking of flying he is scared of it.

I know he has a severe anxiety condition and I don't hate on that at all but we will see if he has the mental toughness for this.

Being tall is not inherently advantageous, ask Stefan Struve. And picking up MMA when you're 30 also isn't usually a winning formula, especially with no other combat sports background. If he makes it through the amateur scene he would probably get stomped in the UFC, but hey I'd love to be wrong.
To be fair struve has medical issues. Drago is 6'7 and has had amazing success just due to his ability to keep a distance.

Nobody will ever pronounce the R in his first name in this sport.

speaking of flying he is scared of it.

I know he has a severe anxiety condition and I don't hate on that at all but we will see if he has the mental toughness for this.

If he does compete, I hope he can get his anxiety under control. I could see him having a panic attack just on or even before the walkout/fighter intros.

Not trying to bash him, just wishing him the best.

Basketball athlete aren't better athletes than high level wrestlers.

If he does compete, I hope he can get his anxiety under control. I could see him having a panic attack just on or even before the walkout/fighter intros.

Not trying to bash him, just wishing him the best.

His issue was flying mostly, so I wouldn’t worry about that. His anxiety had nothing to do with competing or being on the big stage iirc. I mean he excelled at the highest level of college basketball including March Madness and played in NBA games, that’s probably a bigger stage than any MMA fight.

Everybody keep hating or joking,but the guy dhow nothing but love for the sport i will def support him with that kind of spirit

The dude has GAD (Generalized anxiety disorder).

Greg Hardy will make him break down and cry in the first round.

Side note: is it just me, or do MMA fighters suck at basketball and vise versa? I can’t think of any fighter friends that were good at ball. Plus we’ve seen what Rampage, Jones, and Masvidal are like on the court.

And I’ve known plenty of hoopers that WOULD fight, but they had no training. Most of the fights we’ve seen in NBA were awful too. Ever seen that punch Shaq threw? Makes Ronda Rousey look like Anderson.

Dude played a total of 3 minutes in the NBA lmao
You should read his story instead of just looking up stats before making posts like that. He was an NBA level talent who suffered from anxiety and a fear of flying. The Houston rockets weren’t willing to work with him enough on that and he washed out of the league. He didn’t have to fly when when he joined the NBL and excelled. He had/has the talent for the NBA.

People will shitpost but tbh I'm happy that MMA is becoming much more mainstream and athletes are looking at it and thinking of competing and such.

...after aging and/or failing out of their preferred sport.

Side note: is it just me, or do MMA fighters suck at basketball and vise versa? I can’t think of any fighter friends that were good at ball. Plus we’ve seen what Rampage, Jones, and Masvidal are like on the court.

And I’ve known plenty of hoopers that WOULD fight, but they had no training. Most of the fights we’ve seen in NBA were awful too. Ever seen that punch Shaq threw? Makes Ronda Rousey look like Anderson.

Forest Griffin and Joanna were pretty good ballers from what I remember.

Back