A closer look at Cerrone's record

I like him whether he ever wears a UFC belt or not. I always have and unless the man pops I always will like him and continue to be a fan. Win or lose.
You'd turn on a fighter for popping? They're all on gear man, also hasn't he popped for a banned diuretic in the past?

I refuse to look at that and think "journeyman". When you couple these facts with his overall win/finish/bonus records, he really is one of the absolute best 155 has ever seen, just not THE best or GOAT. Put some respect on his name.
I put Cerrone in the Top 15 all time Lightweights.

I used to be a big fan but when I learned he grabs random fans wife’s and gfs I was fan no more
Thats unacceptable dick bully move imo
Sherdog: where unsubstantiated accusations are taken as fact.

The Hobbie Lawler loss should have been a draw. How did judges score that third round idk. It was super close, if not slightly up for Cerrone.

He's a gatekeeper, not a journeyman.
This.
Such a huge difference. One is brought in to give someone a win. The other is there to prove someone worthy. If you beat Cerrone, you are worthy of top 5.

I refuse to look at that and think "journeyman".

You're completely right. You should look at his record and think gatekeeper.
The UFC now feed him prospects, he is the very definition of a gatekeeper.

He is the definition of a journey man. Good and exciting fighter but not elite. Therefore, journey man... Even Meisha Tate won a belt.

Miesha fights in a far weaker/shallower sport.

Isn't he the same guy who talks shit to fans and threatens to take their gf home? Seems like a dick but aren't most of these guys?

One dude made a post about it years ago on sherdog and everyone just took it as complete fact. Then of course, Bobby fuckin' Green called him a racist so people would remember that Bobby Green existed and everyone jumped on that bandwagon too with out really a shred of anything to back it up with.

11 losses doesn't tell the story.

Randy Couture
Dan Henderson
BJ Penn
Tito Ortiz
Robbie Lawler
Sakuraba
Vitor Belfort
& others

all have 11 L+

that doesn't mean they aren't among the Greats
I think Shogun is getting up there for losses too.

Not needed
Common knowledge seriously
Ok newbie :): several threads couple years back
Oh and bobby green interview too

It's not "common knowledge" dummy. It's you taking a random sherdoggers and Bobby Greens word as absolute truth and completely disregarding everyone else who says different

You're completely right. You should look at his record and think gatekeeper.
The UFC now feed him prospects, he is the very definition of a gatekeeper.

Hmmm..

Mike Perry - 8 fights in the UFC before fighting Cerrone
Leon Edward - 9 fights
Yancy Medeiros - 11 fights
Darren Till - 4 fights
Robbie Lawler - 10 fights
Masvidal - 12 fights
Matt Brown - 22 fights
Rick Story-18 fights
Patrick Cote - 19 fights

I don't know your exact definition of prospect, but I see two in his last 10 fights in Hernandez and Till, and Till is at a weightclass above Cerrone best weight

One dude made a post about it years ago on sherdog and everyone just took it as complete fact. Then of course, Bobby fuckin' Green called him a racist so people would remember that Bobby Green existed and everyone jumped on that bandwagon too with out really a shred of anything to back it up with.
Wtf is bobby green talking about. In Cerrones current team there are two black guys who seem also to be his friends.

I dont know why anyone would say journeyman. More like gatekeeper who falls short in the big moments. Always entertaining and highly skilled, hes just fell short of championship status. Aint no shame in that. Maybe Daddy Cerrone is motivated to pull off the Championship win. I hope so.

11 losses doesn't tell the story.

Randy Couture
Dan Henderson
BJ Penn
Tito Ortiz
Robbie Lawler
Sakuraba
Vitor Belfort
& others

all have 11 L+

that doesn't mean they aren't among the Greats

No one with 10+ losses is among the Greats. A fighter's record has an extremely high value in terms of ATG rankings, that's why guys like GSP, DC, Khabib, Jones (depending if you DQ him for being a roidhead or not) and MM are all part of that talk.

No one with 10+ losses is among the Greats. A fighter's record has an extremely high value in terms of ATG rankings, that's why guys like GSP, DC, Khabib, Jones (depending if you DQ him for being a roidhead or not) and MM are all part of that talk.
Dan Henderson is #6 on my GOAT list.
If you don't have him in your top 10,
No need to argue longer, I don't value your opinion.

Back