A closer look at Cerrone's record

People think that because he went to welterweight
If mcgregor Khabib or Ferguson fought at welterweight they would of suffered the same fate

Donald is no journeyman. Anyone that claims so needs to put down the crack pipe.
Cerrone isnt just a good fighter. He is a great fighter. World-class.
The only thing is there are shit fighters, average fighters, good fighters, great fighters and then there are elite fighters.
Donald is not elite.

beaten barboza, hernandez, alvarez, henderson, stephens, cowboy oliveira, matt brown, rick story. his resume is pretty outstanding.
And that's just recently

Wins over Castillo, Razor Rob, Varner, Kelly, Oliviera, Guillard are no joke either

I've been quick to say he had no chance against Perry and didn't like this low profile fight against Hernandez, but I'm the first to leap from my seat and tear the roof off when he won. Awesome job, one of the most entertaining fighters ever to step in the cage

I would put money on Cowboy Vs Conor tbh.

Even with Cerrone's rep in big fight.

I think Conor is a terrible stylistic matchup for Cerrone, even leaving out all the extra stuff that comes with a Conor fight that we know messes with Cerrone badly

Strictly in cage, that's a real tough matchup for him

Guy is a special fighter though and the lack of a belt means nothing with his type of resume

I think Conor is a terrible stylistic matchup for Cerrone, even leaving out all the extra stuff that comes with a Conor fight that we know messes with Cerrone badly

Strictly in cage, that's a real tough matchup for him

Guy is a special fighter though and the lack of a belt means nothing with his type of resume
Cerrone's underated Wrestling and Grappling could be the key here.

As always it depends on his latest fight. After the Till fight he was a can according to a lot of people on here. Now after his last fight a lot of people are picking him to beat Conor.
and a lot of people consider Till a can :D

One of the all time greats but not a GOAT

Cowboy had a great career. No shame in his game.

Similar to Bisping at MW, but a little more vulnerable to lose every now and then to people he shouldn't lose to.

I don't even understand how one could be an MMA fan and not bea big Cerrone fan.
It took me awhile but i eventually became a Cowboy fan but i didnt like when he took any fight and lost a ton of fights in a row but I love his enjoy life to the fullest approach to life its whats won me over the most.

He’s a future hall of gamer. I haven’t heard anyone say he’s a journeyman.

-GOAT / Great / Not a Journeyman
-11 losses

pick one

Cerrone is one of the best and I've been saying that since his days in the WEC. I doubt he faces Conor next but I'd love to see him face Iaquinta or Poirier next.

Sorry it's been so long since I posted anything about WEC related stuff. Life has been hectic.

I've seen plenty of threads on Cowboy's finishes/wins record. I've read everything from GOAT to washed up Journeyman. Cowboy isn't all time GOAT but I couldn't believe how low some people viewed him.

Cerrone has 11 losses and no wins in title bouts. Not GOAT. But, of those 11 losses, 7 of them were to former WEC/UFC champions. At lightweight Cerrone has only suffered defeat to 1 non-champ (Nate) and secured 4 wins over former champs (McCullough, Varner, Alvarez, Bendo) although the Bendo fight was questionable. With 4 of his losses to 2 champs and 2 of his wins being avenging(ish) over former losses, Cerrone was only ever unable to beat THREE people at 155 (Nate, Pettis, RDA). Over 30 WEC/UFC bouts.

I refuse to look at that and think "journeyman". When you couple these facts with his overall win/finish/bonus records, he really is one of the absolute best 155 has ever seen, just not THE best or GOAT. Put some respect on his name.

Agree... Good way to look at Cowboy.

Also, As far as WEC goes,,,,,I think his first loss to Benson is just as debatable as his win over Bendo.

Not a journey man at all, i would put cerrone in the elite category.

But really i think he is one of those unique fighters, like a BJ penn, dan henderson, randy couture. Their records don't reflect just how good they are. Fans and fighters hold them in very high regard. Anyone who's seen them fight know they are true greats.

The opposite of fighters who pad their records, pick fights and always fight to win on points.

-GOAT / Great / Not a Journeyman
-11 losses

pick one
11 losses doesn't tell the story.

Randy Couture
Dan Henderson
BJ Penn
Tito Ortiz
Robbie Lawler
Sakuraba
Vitor Belfort
& others

all have 11 L+

that doesn't mean they aren't among the Greats

Cerrone is a bad ass.

Noone who has had multiple titles hits can be called a journeyman or gatekeeper.

Not everyone can be champ.

Back