A closer look at Cerrone's record

Great fighter, ducked no one, had one of (if not the) toughest schedules in modern mma..

What's not to like?

Yeah yeah.. losses.. who cares.. there are unfair split decisions to.. fighters fighter..

I like him whether he ever wears a UFC belt or not. I always have and unless the man pops I always will like him and continue to be a fan. Win or lose.

He popped for a diuretic early on in his WEC run IIRC, it’s a win overturned to no contest.

Dan Henderson is #6 on my GOAT list.
If you don't have him in your top 10,
No need to argue longer, I don't value your opinion.

If you have him in your top 10, I don't value yours. Guess that's that.

Cerrone is elite as fuck in 155lbs.

His only bad loss in the UFC is Nate Diaz.. who is a journeyman.

After that is RDAx2 and prime Pettis.

He was always undersized at WW.

Cerrone is not a gatekeeper I hate hearing that. He may have won a championship had he sat around for a year and waited like all of these guys do now. This guy fights whenever asked and whomever they ask him to fight. He doesn't care. Do you think conor, khabib, twood, Colby, and others would have such pristine records if they fought 4x a year like cerrone. Fuck no.

I agree that he wasn't a journeyman for most of his career, but I think we are doing a disservice talking about Cerrone like he is anywhere near his prime at this point.

As always it depends on his latest fight. After the Till fight he was a can according to a lot of people on here. Now after his last fight a lot of people are picking him to beat Conor.

Connor is a pretty good striker. But fought some cherrypicked apponents. Al iaquinta did not get finished by Khabib!! I would pick cerrone over Connor and AL

I have a hard time saying a single bad thing about Cowboy. He fights often, he’s exciting and he makes no excuses. I consider myself a huge fan.

That being said, he’s not going to beat Conor.

Career earnings of $5 million dollars.

That's the only record I care about. Dollar dollar bills y'all.

Weaknesses:
Drinks alcohol and beer
Does a lot of other sports
Never watches tapes
Only recently has gameplans
Not fully dedicated or only partly
If he was a pothead, he'd be the mythical Third Diaz brother.

To me Cerrone is a solid top 5/10 fighter whose been there for a long time. I could kinda compare him to Bisping. Nothing but respect to him. It would be nice to see him finish off his career with a title win as well, and just as with Bisping it seems highly unlikely. But maybe he'll manage to get a shot after a good run (short notice too perhaps, because he's always game) and he can upset the champion.

I've always questioned the term gatekeeper as tbh that to me was a guy like Cheick Kongo at heavyweight. While he had some success, he was never going to be a contender. With Cerrone I would never say he is a gatekeeper. I would just say he is a very good fighter who unfortunately for one reason or another isn't a great fighter. Because there is no denying for example at his time of beating Cerrone, RDA was great.

Top notch UFC gaitkeeper, and for a very long time. Not many gaitkeepers can keep it up for that long.

Lets' change that for those who do not like the term- let's call him an elite gaitkeeper. One of the best ever.

Not much of a chance to ever beat a true champ in their prime (would have to catch a lucky situation to be champ, like beating Serra after Serra "beat" GSP; Conor beating Alvarez was pretty much a situation like that), but consistent quality fighter that would beat anyone that wasn't top level. That's the definition of a gaitkeeper to me.

Last edited:
Back