8,124 Gun Murders, 320 Million Americans. Gun referendum or STFU over this non issue.

Could be better too. While that number is small it's significantly larger than my countries entire murder rate.
True, but the total population of Australia in 2015 was 23,968,973. That's almost 12 million less people than Canada, and nearly 40 million less people than the island of England. The variables and randomness of the human condition go up when there are more people involved I would think. I suppose culture and gun laws have something to do with it - in Brazil it's illegal to carry your firearm outside your residence without a special permit, yet there are almost twice as many gun fatalities per capita there than in the US.

Way to trivialize the lives of over 8000 people. Thats more people than the attacks on Pearl Harbor and the WTC'S combined. And there was certainly a call for action after those.

Besides lumping all the shootings in vs the entire population doesn't tell the story. I'm certain that if you live on certain streets or certain areas than your chances of being killed are drastically increased.

Im gonna say it.

That sucks but sorry it shouldn't be one of the most important issues in politics...Sorry, I don't give a shit....It shouldn't.

Sensationalist bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In certain areas of the country it should be at the top of list. Chicago last month had over 400 shootings. 115 were shot in the first week. That's almost 20 a day.

The biggest BS flag is when you look at how many murders involved 'assault weapons' that the media and politicians harp on about. It's basically nothing.

It's almost entirely political deception.

The left gets riled up about this and gets on the gun control bandwagon, and the right reacts to defend the second amendment.

There is no question that this dynamic is divisive and distracting, and i'm sure that has not gone unnoticed by interested parties who can benefit from that.

You can not un-invent the gun. Every discussion about guns should begin from this premise. Guns are about to become even more ubiquitous with advances in 3D printing. Violence is about culture and the environment more so that the tools used to perpetrate it.

So I guess we can stop caring about the ISIS terrorist attacks in Europe as well then? Those are even more irrelevant if you buy the TS argument. It's downright laughable that the argument is based on that anyone would think that murder victims are a sizable percentage of the population.

No thanks, I prefer ideas to deal with problems instead of the Johny Hendricks method.

Yes, ISIS is effectively a flea for as much as we should be concerned about them. The significant problem facing Europe, and eventually the US, is the muslim migration and the islamists that are being brought over along with that tsunami. We can expect their entire culture to be up ended well within our lifetimes.

What you're not understanding is that the presence of firearms among the population in private hands is acting to secure your rights whether or not you own a weapon personally.

Way to trivialize the lives of over 8000 people. Thats more people than the attacks on Pearl Harbor and the WTC'S combined. And there was certainly a call for action after those.

Besides lumping all the shootings in vs the entire population doesn't tell the story. I'm certain that if you live on certain streets or certain areas than your chances of being killed are drastically increased.

I included the stats for Chicago...Still low as shit, if you want to include the stats for certain sector in a city, I will still expect really low probability of getting shot(unless you're a gangster).

Now if we are talking about certain sectors in cities, theoretically speaking that could be fixed with addressing crime (legalize marijuana,coke,etc).

In certain areas of the country it should be at the top of list. Chicago last month had over 400 shootings. 115 were shot in the first week. That's almost 20 a day.
http://heyjackass.com/category/2015-chicago-crime-murder-stats/

Here are the stats Im using for Chicago...I addressed it in the OP, 0.00016518518 is your chances of getting shot/killing in chicago....and the stats for getting shot/wounded in chicago 0.00094444444.

Now if you wanna focus on certain sectors in chicago, of course that will increase the chances, but it will still be low as shit probability....Most people shot in Chicago are people in the game, gang members....Of course innocent people get killed but for the most part.

Ok guys I decided to the math.

I picked one of the worst hoods in Chicago

30,654 = population, 40 = Homicide, 299 = wounded....Im assuming the homicides/wounded are gun related, they might not all be.

Anyways the chances for getting killed in that place in chicago is 0.0013048868 probability....the chances of getting wounded 0.00975402883 probability.

Sorry guys, but the odds are low as fuck even in the most dangerous hoods.

Yes, ISIS is effectively a flea for as much as we should be concerned about them. The significant problem facing Europe, and eventually the US, is the muslim migration and the islamists that are being brought over along with that tsunami. We can expect their entire culture to be up ended well within our lifetimes.

What you're not understanding is that the presence of firearms among the population in private hands is acting to secure your rights whether or not you own a weapon personally.

Not really. The US has been the most lacking in following the human rights for it's citizens out of the developed nations (for example not guaranteeing enough health care) so the guns clearly didn't help the rights being enforced.

It's pretty hilarious to see the fear of the muslims as a whole. Terorrist attacks in Europe and the ones with the most shaking knees are in the US. These people also point to some idiots in that group that want to change laws in a country as the end of the world, despite that no progress whatsoever is being made in the direction of sharia laws etc. They also don't want to hear anything about the ones that actually change their lifestyles in accordance to the western ideals.

Terrorism must be fought hard, but not by the people that overreact to everything out of fear. We need stronger leaders than such people.

Not really. The US has been the most lacking in following the human rights for it's citizens out of the developed nations (for example not guaranteeing enough health care) so the guns clearly didn't help the rights being enforced.

I don't think you understand what rights are then. Something isn't a right if it requires you take it from someone else. In any event, if you want more assurance to guarantee something like healthcare you don't assign government the job of allocating it.

Pretending there is no gun problem despite record number of mass shootings... classic

Yeah who cares about the 20 children that died in Newtown... they're statistically insignificant, right?

This is why people on my side can't have an honest conversation with you gun nuts. You all like to skew facts and end up missing the point.
Yeah, people only seem to care about gun control when white people are killed in mass shootings, which the numbers are even more minute in comparison to daily shootings in the inner city.

You must only care about white people.

Our gun saturation rate in America is the problem. There are way more guns than people. all these guns and they're so easy to get because there is so many of them.

And that's why a ban will never, ever work. People say deporting 11 million illegals is unrealistic. Try rounding up 350 million guns.

I don't think you understand what rights are then. Something isn't a right if it requires you take it from someone else. In any event, if you want more assurance to guarantee something like healthcare you don't assign government the job of allocating it.

You were the one talking about securing your rights with guns.

And letting the government deal with getting sufficient healthcare to meet the human rights is working for every developed nation but one. Therefor I reject your statement.

A couple of piers morgan lites up in this bitch lol

You were the one talking about securing your rights with guns.

And letting the government deal with getting sufficient healthcare to meet the human rights is working for every developed nation but one. Therefor I reject your statement.

Of course they secure rights. Your definition for a right is just fucked. You don't have a right to steal from people to provide you with a service. And even if you were to suppose that it is, using a compulsory funded monopoly to provide the service is the worst way to do it. Your argument is shit on both fronts.

Of course they secure rights. Your definition for a right is just fucked. You don't have a right to steal from people to provide you with a service. And even if you were to suppose that it is, using a compulsory funded monopoly to provide the service is the worst way to do it. Your argument is shit on both fronts.

As I said, you're the one talking about securing your rights with guns, not I. I just mentioned that as refuting your statement. How hard can that be to understand?

And I reject your statement again. The World Health Organization ranks the US 37 in the world when it comes to health care systems. Worst of all developed nations, despite being so rich. You also seem very uneducated on how health care systems work if you think that no private health care can exist while proper government health care exists.

Not only that, but giving the statistical probability of getting shot still doesn't apply to most people. If you don't join a gang, do drugs, or pick fights, you're chances of getting shot are almost 0. Holy shit, Leroy Jenkins, we might actually agree on something.

Back