7 August 2018: Ohio Special Election | Kansas Republican Gubernatorial Primary

I'm not trying to be a dick. I openly admit that I'm a pro-Republican Independent. But even I were a Democrat, I would be concerned by this sort of talk:
  • "But Hillary Clinton won the popular vote..."
  • "But Jon Ossoff almost beat Karen Handel in Georgia..."
  • "But Archie Parnell came within 3 points in South Carolina..."
  • "But Hiral Tiripanini almost beat Debbie Lesko in heavily Republican Arizona..."
And so on, and so on. After all that sound and fury, this is what "overperforming" in special elections got you:

FEDERAL CONGRESSIONAL SPECIAL ELECTIONS 2017-2018
April 4 California 34th* (no Republican candidate)
April 11 Kansas 4th
May 25 Montana at large
June 20 Georgia 6th
June 20 South Carolina 5th
Nov. 7 Utah 3rd

Dec. 12 Alabama Senate

March 13 Pennsylvania 18th
April 24 Arizona 8th
June 30 Texas 27th*

Aug. 7 Ohio 12th R+14 ? ?

Yup, it's true. Democrats won only 3 of 10 special elections since Trump's election (really 2 of 9 if you count contested elections). Today, if Democrats lose another close race, it will be 3 of 11. Do you see the pattern here? Again, I'm not trying to be a dick. If your team is really playing to win, you should think about putting some points on that scoreboard.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...k-state-of-mind.3695585/page-7#post-138528275

Democrats at last count, when I was keeping track of it was up to 42 seats flipped from the GOP.
Plus there is a freaking Democrat Senator from Alabama, which I never thought I would see in my lifetime.
I am not trying to be a dick but as Democrat leaning Independent, if I were a Republican I would be concerned with your talk.

I quoted our posts. You agree with my assessment of him in your post.

LOL!

I’m thinking you posted before u actually thought it through

My assessment is that you're pathetically spinning ahead of the election out of partisanship. Glad to hear that you agree with that now.

Oh. And your links prove nothing. Endorsements. Lol!

And he is 100% running as a blue dog. Everything I posted was correct which is why u agreed with it in the same post u insulted me

My assessment is that you're pathetically spinning ahead of the election out of partisanship. Glad to hear that you agree with that now.

Spinning? Saying I like the guy and he’s a great candidate is spinning

You are a hack at this point. I quoted our posts. The words can not be changed. Lol

O’Connor is actually a very good candidate and has distanced Himself from Pelosi

But guys like O’Connor are the complete opposite of the “Left” posters in this forum. The guy literally went out of his way to not criticize Trump and talk of working with him and completely distanced himself from a Pelosi.

This guy is not running as a liberal. He’s running as a Blue Dog Dem

LOL! Partisan spin already beginning.

"Troy Balderson and the rest of the GOP want to raise your taxes to pay for a wall that won't even work."

And check his Website:

https://dannyoconnorforcongress.com/endorsements/

https://dannyoconnorforcongress.com/priorities/

If you're just saying that he's not on the far left of the Democratic Party, duh. Candidates ideally are supposed to line up with their districts--which is why you get far-left candidates in far-left districts, moderates in moderate districts and in nationwide races (like president), and relatively right-leaning Democrats in right-leaning districts.
There it is! LOL

You and Trump truly have a lot in common. Will continue to BS even when the words are right in front of you

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/d...k-state-of-mind.3695585/page-7#post-138528275

Democrats at last count, when I was keeping track of it was up to 42 seats flipped from the GOP.
Plus there is a freaking Democrat Senator from Alabama, which I never thought I would see in my lifetime.
I am not trying to be a dick but as Democrat leaning Independent, if I were a Republican I would be concerned with your talk.

maxresdefault.jpg

That "42 seats flipped" figure includes local elections. There are over 7,300 of those seats nationwide. 15 of those 42 seats were for Virginia's House of Delegates (where Republicans still hold a slight majority btw). By all means, drink your own Kool-Aid.

The only thing that matters today is a WIN. If you don't win, you LOSE.

There it is! LOL

You and Trump truly have a lot in common. Will continue to BS even when the words are right in front of you

You said the guy is not running as a liberal. I noted that you are pathetically spinning and demonstrated definitively that he is running as a liberal. How you think that amounts to me agreeing with you is a mystery.

Anyway, it's been fun watching you again make a fool of yourself, but your meltdown is derailing the thread. Maybe take it to the OT thread if you want some more.

Well, we have some at/near 100% precinct counties, for reference:
  • Muskingum County: Balderson +33
  • Morrow County: Balderson +41
  • Marion County: Balderson +36
  • Licking County: Balderson +23
Here is the 2016 spread for those same counties:
  • Muskingum County: Trump +29
  • Morrow County: Balderson +50
  • Marion County: Balderson +48
  • Licking County: Balderson +29
So it looks like a relatively mild Rightward shift in Muskingum, and a modest Leftward shift in those other counties.

Wait, isn't this seat up for grabs again in a few months?

If the Republicans lose, they should sound the alarm.

But I think they still win....although it won't be the landslide that everyone expects.

If the Republicans lose, they should sound the alarm.

But I think they still win....although it won't be the landslide that everyone expects.
This is a +11 trump district. They should sound the alarm even if they win.

There has not been a democratic in this seat since 1980''s. This being so close is surprising. There are around 2,750 uncounted early votes. Could be a game changer.

Does the Major League Politics season ever end? My god

Back