7 August 2018: Ohio Special Election | Kansas Republican Gubernatorial Primary

Hey @Fawlty @44nutman @Limbo Pete @Jack V Savage @Rational Poster: good game though guys. You tried really hard, and came very close in a traditionally Republican district. You showed Republicans that you really mean business. And isn't that really what it's all about? It's not whether you win or lose – it's how you play the game. In a way, that's victory in itself. Good job guys.

LOL! Partisan spin already beginning.

"Troy Balderson and the rest of the GOP want to raise your taxes to pay for a wall that won't even work."

And check his Website:

https://dannyoconnorforcongress.com/endorsements/

https://dannyoconnorforcongress.com/priorities/

If you're just saying that he's not on the far left of the Democratic Party, duh. Candidates ideally are supposed to line up with their districts--which is why you get far-left candidates in far-left districts, moderates in moderate districts and in nationwide races (like president), and relatively right-leaning Democrats in right-leaning districts.

You said the guy is not running as a liberal. I noted that you are pathetically spinning and demonstrated definitively that he is running as a liberal. How you think that amounts to me agreeing with you is a mystery.

Anyway, it's been fun watching you again make a fool of yourself, but your meltdown is derailing the thread. Maybe take it to the OT thread if you want some more.

Lol!! Look at the end of your first post and then your second. How can anyone take you seriously ?

And LOL at you saying he ran as a Liberal when he literally RAN away from Pelosi and would not say anything bad about Trump

Even you say he’s a moderate in your first quoted post. But now he’s a liberal because you were outed on your BS

You also didn’t even read my first post where I called him a great candidate.

But he’s a liberal because PP endorsed him over the old GOP dude and because it says on his website he doesn’t want to cut Medicare or SS

You know who else says that? Trump

Hey @Fawlty @44nutman @Limbo Pete @Jack V Savage @Rational Poster: good game though guys. You tried really hard, and came very close in a traditionally Republican district. You showed Republicans that you really mean business. And isn't that really what it's all about? It's not whether you win or lose – it's how you play the game. In a way, that's victory in itself. Good job guys.

He was a damn good candidate. Young and seemed to connect with blue collar workers. Trump needs to stop endorsing shit candidates

He was a damn good candidate. Young and seemed to connect with blue collar workers. Trump needs to stop endorsing shit candidates

O'Conor was an outstanding candidate who tried very hard. And I agree, Trump should stop endorsing shit candidates. Trump's endorsement may very well have caused this shitty candidate to win. Damn you Donald Trump!

The strange thing is they’ll do it again in November.

The Cortez and Sanders endorsed candidates all lost

I don't think much can be gathered from this special election. The middle of the summer is a shitty time to get people to come out and vote. People are on vacation or otherwise enjoying the many fun things to do in the summertime and not giving a shit about voting for some special election. Since it was so close and since they'll do it again in 3 months, may as well just file this one away and wait to see what happens in November. This wasn't any sort of indication of a blue wave or a red wall.

In the last midterm (2014) Tibieri pulled 150k votes while his opponent 61k votes.

Tonight it's 102k vs 100k

It will be interesting in November

I don't think much can be gathered from this special election. The middle of the summer is a shitty time to get people to come out and vote. People are on vacation or otherwise enjoying the many fun things to do in the summertime and not giving a shit about voting for some special election. Since it was so close and since they'll do it again in 3 months, may as well just file this one away and wait to see what happens in November. This wasn't any sort of indication of a blue wave or a red wall.
It shows that the trend is holding, that Dems are double digits-stronger in 2018 than 2016 in most Trump places. There is no red wall, that's just a reactive lie, but they do have extremely favorable conditions in November because they don't have to defend nearly as many seats. Even a very strong Dem performance could lose Senate seats because math. It won't be until 2020 that the chickens come home.

It shows that the trend is holding, that Dems are double digits-stronger in 2018 than 2016 in most Trump places. There is no red wall, that's just a reactive lie, but they do have extremely favorable conditions in November because they don't have to defend nearly as many seats. Even a very strong Dem performance could lose Senate seats because math. It won't be until 2020 that the chickens come home.
For sure, I agree. But we have been told for a while now that there is a massive blue wave incoming. This wasn't an indication of that at all. But given the time of year and other factors, it's not really representative. I think this showed that there is a leftward shift in this district but it's not a "blue wave" by any means. By November, people will be cold and indoors and more focused on this kind of thing. That will be representative. Let's see what happens!

Kobach takes a slight lead in Kansas! Let's go!

80% reporting

Jeff Colyer*
104,250 40.8%
Kris Kobach
103,561 40.5

Obama won Ohio's 12th in 2008, 53% to 46%. It's not like it's impossible for Democrats to win here. It's just that... you didn't win this time.

Kris Kobach
105,653 40.7%
Jeff Colyer*
105,295 40.6

Only four counties left! 83% of precincts reporting!

Back