6 Year Old Steering His Dad's Harley.

You don't steer a motorcycle with the handlebars anyway, you steer by leaning. The dad is still in control here.

colin-farrell.gif

[YT]8_5Z3jyO2pA[/YT]

I see how it's dangerous, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. A good long straightaway, probably a road the guy knows well. I was riding ATVs in backwoods when I was his age. My grandpa taught me how to drive on an open road when I was 8. Neither of those things are particularly smart, but I'm still here. I'm sure the kid had a blast for 30 seconds or so, and then dad got back to it.

That said: The kid not wearing any gear is Darwin Awards level stupid.

Not on straights. They didn't encounter any corners in the video. Not that I condone a 6 year old on a motorcycle.

I going to completely disagree here but it wasn't your original statement anyways.

Yes, kid isn't likely just going to jerk the bars anyways unless something comes out of nowhere.

That said: The kid not wearing any gear is Darwin Awards level stupid.

crashing at that speed, with or without a helmet, won't matter. you're dead either way.

My mom and dad would let me steer their cars when I was even younger than him. I had no control over the gas though.

Crazy how kids can't even ride shotgun in cars nowadays, and they're bound to those dopey car seats until they're like 80lbs.

Only time I've ever been on a motorcycle was when my uncle swung by back when I was this boy's age. All I remember was that it burned my legs because it was black and had been cooking in the sun.

I going to completely disagree here but it wasn't your original statement anyways.

Yes, kid isn't likely just going to jerk the bars anyways unless something comes out of nowhere.

Do you agree that the dad still has control over the bike for small corrections in steering? Yes, as long as the kid doesn't jerk the handlebars

crashing at that speed, with or without a helmet, won't matter. you're dead either way.

Full leathers and a helmet at that speed and you wouldn't have a scratch. Kid isn't in full leathers though. This is assuming you didn't hit a car or something.

Do you agree that the dad still has control over the bike for small corrections in steering? Yes, as long as the kid doesn't jerk the handlebars

The bike is under control because of physics not so much the dad but yes, a lean can save a very minor discourse.

Full leathers and a helmet at that speed and you wouldn't have a scratch. Kid isn't in full leathers though. This is assuming you didn't hit a car or something.

haha, what? you have to be joking. they are going at what appears to be at least forty miles an hour. they both die if that bike crashes.

haha, what? you have to be joking. they are going at what appears to be at least forty miles an hour. they both die if that bike crashes.

By full leathers I mean something like this,

32601d1273888090-who-rides-full-leathers-street-32457_1446953815737_1289936470_1279665_6445377_n.jpg

You could crash in full leathers and a helmet going way faster than 40mph and not get hurt, assuming you don't hit cars/guardrails/trees...etc.

But yeah, the kid was not wearing full leathers, so he'd be like a fresh piece of cheddar on a cheese grater.

You can include me in that 94%. I was so scared just watching that video that I installed a seat belt to my computer chair. And a toilet.

Meh.

How many times have you laid down your 954?

In before I don't crash.

I knocked it over once in in the garage, 25,000 miles spread over two years?

It's main utility was getting me laid in college anyway. :missionaccomplishedgeorgebush:

Last edited:
Back