50 minute layover in Detroit airport, will I be fine?

It was fine...staff was polite and attentive. I was on a red eye flight though so I was asleep for half the flight. The only annoying thing was the douche next to me kept his light on for most of the time and his pointy elbow kept hitting me.

Last year on one of my flights back from Beijing, I was having a dream about my girlfriend. Ended up waking up half asleep and trying to hold the girls hand next to me, since for some reason I thought it was my girlfriend since she had her hair in the same way and it was the same colour. Once I came to I apologized immediately, good thing we were landing soon or that would have been an awful flight.

So it seems like people either think Delta is fine or they hate it. How's the service on the plane?

If you're used to flying Canadian airlines like WestJet or Air Canada, you will probably not be too happy with the planes Delta uses. I have never had a TV in flight when using Delta.

If you're used to flying Canadian airlines like WestJet or Air Canada, you will probably not be too happy with the planes Delta uses. I have never had a TV in flight when using Delta.

Usually only fly Air Canada or United, which have both never given me any problems. Delta's looking to be pretty shitty, but the price really couldn't have been beaten. It was about $400 cheaper than anything else I could find. Guess I'll be getting what I paid for.

Ive done a shorter layover than that in detroit. It took some running, but I made my flight even though I had to go from terminal B to terminal D. I did it in about 10 minutes.
As long as you're not more than 20 minutes late, you won't have any problem at all.

Detroit is a shithole though. lol

50 minutes is not nearly enough given their track record. Even without a delay on your originating flight you're cutting it close. If I were you I'd get travel insurance that covers delayed baggage. If your bags are not delivered to you within 6hrs of your landing, you can buy whatever you need (upto a certail limit, depending on the policy you purchase)

50 minutes is not nearly enough given their track record. Even without a delay on your originating flight you're cutting it close. If I were you I'd get travel insurance that covers delayed baggage. If your bags are not delivered to you within 6hrs of your landing, you can buy whatever you need (upto a certail limit, depending on the policy you purchase)

I already have insurance for that, but is that how the airline is going to go about paying me back? Giving me money for the stuff they lost?

You should tell me your flight number so i can call a bomb threat to it :)

Last year on one of my flights back from Beijing, I was having a dream about my girlfriend. Ended up waking up half asleep and trying to hold the girls hand next to me, since for some reason I thought it was my girlfriend since she had her hair in the same way and it was the same colour. Once I came to I apologized immediately, good thing we were landing soon or that would have been an awful flight.

u waited till u came? thats fucked up.

haha, just from the title of your thread I thought you were meaning you feared for your safety because you were going to the Detroit airport.

ha, that's what I was thinking too

He'll probably be going to the Detroit Metro airport, which is a pretty nice airport in a decent area, so he *probably* shouldn't have to worry about getting robbed and then murdered. I say probably, because last week, the TSA caught three people on separate occasions trying to bring loaded guns on the planes. Seriously.

Last edited:
RIP in peice

Going out of country, maybe it's enough time. I remember coming back from Korea (last connecting flight was through Tokyo), my first stop in the US was Detroit. My layover was just over an hour, and I missed my flight and had to wait another couple of hours. I'm assuming that they have finished the renovations by now, but it was terrible. Most of the gates had no seats!

nowadays 50 minutes is fine. If you don't walk out into baggage area or out of the airport, you won't have to go through security again.

you shouldn't have to pick up your checked bags at connecting locations. The people who make the flight schedule know what a reasonable amount of time is to get connections and if you miss your connection by fault of the airline, you will get another flight for free.

This I have a similar vacation coming to Aruba with a 30 minute layover and I was worried. Looked online and apparently airlines plan for this thing to make sure you have time.

Heading out to Shanghai this summer, but I have a 50 minute layover in Detroit. The price of the ticket couldn't be beat ($900) so I decided to go for it, even if the layover is a little iffy. I'm wondering if I'll be fine to make the flight as well if I should worry about the baggage getting on my flight.

I'm flying with Delta; I took United last year and they were pretty good. Any word on if Delta is a decent airline? Reviews online differ from fine to awful, so not really sure what to expect. This will only be my second time flying in my lifetime, though I had plenty of layover last time to quietly wait for all of my connecting flights.

Any thoughts? I'm also flying out from Toronto, so I don't expect any huge delays.
The hell is wrong with you?

It's Detroit, not Iraq. :rolleyes:

You'd be just as safe there as being in any major metro airport.

By the way, DUMMY, the airport is in Romulus, MI which is like 30 minutes outside of Detroit---STFU

You should be fine. The only problem is if your flight from Toronto gets delayed.

Even if you miss the flight though, they will probably put you on the next available flight to Shanghai. I wouldn't worry much if I was you.

By the way, I'm sad that this wasn't a thread about the fact that you were worried because you had to spend time in Detriot..even if it was only the airport.

^It's still 50 minutes longer than I'd like to ever spend in Detroit.

You have to look at the positives. You are only going to get raped for 50 minutes.

By the way, DUMMY, the airport is in Romulus, MI which is like 30 minutes outside of Detroit---STFU

Calm your tits, princess.

watch-out-guys-clean.jpg

If you took the time and actually read what you quoted, he's nervous about making his connecting flight. Not being in Detroit.

Back