50 minute layover in Detroit airport, will I be fine?

ConsiderThis

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Heading out to Shanghai this summer, but I have a 50 minute layover in Detroit. The price of the ticket couldn't be beat ($900) so I decided to go for it, even if the layover is a little iffy. I'm wondering if I'll be fine to make the flight as well if I should worry about the baggage getting on my flight.

I'm flying with Delta; I took United last year and they were pretty good. Any word on if Delta is a decent airline? Reviews online differ from fine to awful, so not really sure what to expect. This will only be my second time flying in my lifetime, though I had plenty of layover last time to quietly wait for all of my connecting flights.

Any thoughts? I'm also flying out from Toronto, so I don't expect any huge delays.

you gon git Skeetroit

Ive had less time for layovers with Delta and have always had my baggage waiting for me at my destination. You should be fine but then again I've never been on a international flight.

Ive had less time for layovers with Delta and have always had my baggage waiting for me at my destination. You should be fine but then again I've never been on a international flight.

What's the shortest layover you've experienced?

it depends on how are your thunderdome and zombie fighting skills.

you will need them

Just pack light. Everything I need is right here in my pants.

What's the shortest layover you've experienced?

On a scheduled flight 20 mins. With a delayed flight going in I've literally got off one flight and directly on the next plane and my bags and my dog was waiting for me when we landed. I gotta say I was STRESSED that time.

haha, just from the title of your thread I thought you were meaning you feared for your safety because you were going to the Detroit airport.

I'm in the process of a major complaint with Delta, when I had a connection in Detroit a few months ago though I was delayed rather than missing the flight. 50 minutes really doesn't seem long enough, I'd be worried.

On a scheduled flight 20 mins. With a delayed flight going in I've literally got off one flight and directly on the next plane and my bags and my dog was waiting for me when we landed. I gotta say I was STRESSED that time.

Wow, that'd stress me the fuck out too. Makes me feel a little better about my situation.

However, 50 minutes is definitely not a lot of time

They don't have currency anymore so bring something to barter with.

I'm in the process of a major complaint with Delta, when I had a connection in Detroit a few months ago though I was delayed rather than missing the flight. 50 minutes really doesn't seem long enough, I'd be worried.

Okay, let's say that I miss the flight. I have basically every possible insurance available, though I don't know the process on anything. I think they will put me on another plane for free within the next 72 hours, though I have no idea what'll happen beyond that or how good the airport will be at getting me on the next plane.

The trip's not until August and I'm already stressing about this layover, so I guess I'll be sprinting to my gate when I land. The plane from Toronto is pretty small, too. So I won't be worrying about getting off it in a timely manner.

nowadays 50 minutes is fine. If you don't walk out into baggage area or out of the airport, you won't have to go through security again.

you shouldn't have to pick up your checked bags at connecting locations. The people who make the flight schedule know what a reasonable amount of time is to get connections and if you miss your connection by fault of the airline, you will get another flight for free.

he posted this on sherdog he has no loved ones.

1 question- where are you in Ontario? Its pretty easy to bus/train to Detroit

I live in Ottawa, so I won't be taking an 8 hour train ride to Detroit(or however long it'll be). Not when I'll be flying from Toronto and the plane ride will only be an hour.

You'll be fine, DTW gets tons of international travel. As far as i know only NWA is able to lose baggage with any regularity. Since your on Delta, no worries man. Post up at a bar and have a few drinks.

Back