50 cent "If your a fan of boxing you should like mma"

I think given the current state of MMA and the awesome fights we've had in boxing lately, I sort of agree with WMDM.

I don't think mma today is doing much to bring in new fans. I can't imagine anyone watched Velasquez/Dos Santos 2 and thought, "Wow, I need to see more of that shit."

I think the whole Ronda Rousey thing is discouraging as well. Do we really need chicks Main Eventing over men? Let alone the womens divisions aren't very deep, she automatically gets the belt and she's paid way more than most the guys. Seems legit. :rolleyes:

I think the whole Ronda Rousey thing is discouraging as well. Do we really need chicks Main Eventing over men? Let alone the womens divisions aren't very deep, she automatically gets the belt and she's paid way more than most the guys. Seems legit. :rolleyes:

I see what you're saying and I know that most people agree with you so I'm not trying to be a contrary dick here but I actually think I've enjoyed women's mma fights more than I've enjoyed men's mma lately.

I think given the current state of MMA and the awesome fights we've had in boxing lately, I sort of agree with WMDM.

I don't think mma today is doing much to bring in new fans. I can't imagine anyone watched Velasquez/Dos Santos 2 and thought, "Wow, I need to see more of that shit."

Cain vs JDS 2 was an above average fight.

There have a been a few great MMA fights this year...

Chan Sung Jung vs Poirer was a great fight which exemplified all facets of MMA...

I compare that fight to Salido vs Juanlopez 2.

Don't tell me what to like, 50 Cent.
Don't ever tell me.

Guarantee any MMA fan that watches boxing for a month will not be able to watch MMA again.

I'm going to get a bunch of responses "HERP IM A FAN OF BOTH SPORTS DERP" but face it boxing ruins the MMA viewing experience by making it seem so corny and unrefined.

Been watching both for years. I do boxing, kickboxing, and MMA coverage. I love all three for their own reasons.

No need to be an elitist dickhead.

I disagree. Boxing has world class athletes while most MMA fighters are high school wrestlers who spam overhand rights and head kicks with poor setups.

See, this is what I don't get. No self-respecting person will ever accuse boxers of being bad at their sport, but fucknuggets like this feel the need to bash MMA fighters despite knowing nothing about the sport.

See, this is what I don't get. No self-respecting person will ever accuse boxers of being bad at their sport,.

What the hell are you talking about. People in here shit all over everybody. Just search every thread about Khan. Or Devon Alexander. Both guy are top contenders and get shitted on every fight have.

Everyone knows Frye was drunk off his ass and still Sonny couldn't KO him with his bare knuckles.

Just because he wasn't unconscious doesn't mean he wasn't out. Dude dropped like he lost control of his limbs. Then he instinctively grabbed on after that.

No one knows how drunk he was or the other guy was.

What the hell are you talking about. People in here shit all over everybody. Just search every thread about Khan. Or Devon Alexander. Both guy are top contenders and get shitted on every fight have.

There is shitting on, and there is constructive, legitimate criticism...

for example, "Amir Khan is sometimes reckless when he goes on the offensive and his chin isn't that great..."

that's legitimate.

Fighter bashing/sports bashing such as "wrestling is easy as fuck...the basics are easy to learn..."
is not..

and justifying bad behavior by pointing out to other bad behavior isn't effective argumentation genius.

Just because he wasn't unconscious doesn't mean he wasn't out. Dude dropped like he lost control of his limbs. Then he instinctively grabbed on after that.

Cmon guy, cmon. Don was drunk. What do you have to say about Cain the wrestler wrecking Big Nog the boxer in a legit fight?

Cmon guy, cmon. Don was drunk. What do you have to say about Cain the wrestler wrecking Big Nog the boxer in a legit fight?

Don't know anything about it. From what I have heard he was old and from what I DO KNOW about boxing Brazil creates no one in boxing. Brazil's boxing scene is pitiful.

Don't lynch me, but IMO, I think UFC messes up the image of MMA, it's probably the drunken ass fans!

I don't hate on Pride and Dream for some reason, I don't hate on UFC in the sense I flat out refuse to watch it, but something about the UFC bugs me.

But Fiddy is right, if you like boxing, you should like MMA, hell you should appreciate all combat sports regardless of what discipline you enjoy. At least I'm trying to...

I remember the story being the fight continued in the parking lot off camera, Frye double legged him, got mount and then GnPd the fuck out of him.

There's also the fact that Frye's arms are being grabbed and he's being pulled back when he first started getting teed off on...

if i like planking, should i be a fan of Pacquiao?

Back