50 cent "If your a fan of boxing you should like mma"

I was a fan of MMA before boxing. So I did the reverse and gave boxing a chance. Now MMA is boring and too broish for me.

I re-give MMA a chance here and there and 90% of the time it fails me.

Love boxing.Always have and always will.But MMA is fun to watch as well(at least I think so).But just because your a fan of boxing doesn't mean you "should" like MMA.I know some MMA fans that absolutely hate boxing and some boxing fans that would not piss on MMA if it was on fire.To each his own.I like to watch all combat sports but everyone is different,(and that's not always a bad thing).

I was a fan of MMA before boxing. So I did the reverse and gave boxing a chance. Now MMA is boring and too broish for me.

Same here I started watching mma and then started watching boxing and Muay Thai and when I went to watch mma it was just too sloppy.

Most boxing fans that I know don't like MMA due to the grappling especially when a guy shoots for a takedown and either clinches against the fence without pressing the action or gets the takedown and lays on top of his opponent to a decision.

I'm an MMA fan first but I enjoy all combat sports except pure wrestling on it's own. Wrestling on it's own is boring as hell.

2ia4lea.jpg

hahaha seriously do you use this in every thread?

I was pretty much the same as this

I used to be a huge boxing fan, then transitioned to MMA but reciently I have been watching repeats of some fights on TV most notibly Pac vs JMM and a couple fights with guys I honestly cant remeber who they were but the vast majority of the fights I found entertaining, Pac JMM was fucking baddass with both guys basically beating the shit out of each other.

I never stopped liking boxing I just stopped watching as the fighters I used to love like Terry Norris, Philip Holiday, Mosley, Hopkins, De La Hoya etc either etired or are past their prime.

Reciently I found MMA boring as fuck paying $65 to watch GSP dry hump like a *** sucks. I wont buy boxing PPV but I will watch teh repeats.

Off topic wtf is with Lederman basically saying JMM was on roids when he entered teh ring, then sucking him off in teh interview. I hate that guy.

Same here I started watching mma and then started watching boxing and Muay Thai and when I went to watch mma it was just too sloppy.

Guarantee any MMA fan that watches boxing for a month will not be able to watch MMA again.

I'm going to get a bunch of responses "HERP IM A FAN OF BOTH SPORTS DERP" but face it boxing ruins the MMA viewing experience by making it seem so corny and unrefined.

Guarantee any MMA fan that watches boxing for a month will not be able to watch MMA again.

I'm going to get a bunch of responses "HERP IM A FAN OF BOTH SPORTS DERP" but face it boxing ruins the MMA viewing experience by making it seem so corny and unrefined.

This is what I don't quite grasp...because I just happen to be one of these derp/herp fans of both sports...

Yes I've see some shitty, over hyped, and utterly abysmal Mma fights but I've also seen my fair share of great ones...

That being said, nothing excites me more than a boxing super fight....the Super Bowl , march madness, and some Mma super fights come close ....but can't duplicate that feeling I get right before and during a boxing fight.

However, great boxing experiences for me has not altered my opinion of Mma...nor have I found it to be unrefined or corny because of boxing.

After I really got into boxing and watched a ton of old film, I just can't watch a full MMA card anymore, watching 90% of UFC fighters trying to strike is more often than not cringe worthy. I'll watch black and white film of old boxing fights over any upcoming UFC event anyday.

mma seems to be on the decline. eventually, the comparisons between mma and boxing may disappear .. leaving the continuous thirst for a big knockout in a big boxing event (thank you Marquez)

50 Cent is oddly enough intelligent.

Lulz.

I'm a huge fan of boxing, and I like mma. But prefer boxing.

Disagree. Nobody has to like any other combat sport just because they like another. I like to give most a chance but everyone is different. I watched Judo, Greco-Roman wrestling and Tae Kwon Doe during the Olympics, and enjoyed them but I wouldn't watch them all year round. Sometimes there is only so much time to follow all these sports. Following MMA, kickboxing and football takes up enough of my time!

This is what I don't quite grasp...because I just happen to be one of these derp/herp fans of both sports...

Yes I've see some shitty, over hyped, and utterly abysmal Mma fights but I've also seen my fair share of great ones...

That being said, nothing excites me more than a boxing super fight....the Super Bowl , march madness, and some Mma super fights come close ....but can't duplicate that feeling I get right before and during a boxing fight.

However, great boxing experiences for me has not altered my opinion of Mma...nor have I found it to be unrefined or corny because of boxing.

I think given the current state of MMA and the awesome fights we've had in boxing lately, I sort of agree with WMDM.

I don't think mma today is doing much to bring in new fans. I can't imagine anyone watched Velasquez/Dos Santos 2 and thought, "Wow, I need to see more of that shit."

Back