5 Myths about the Atomic Bomb (as used in WWII)

They could've detonated in the ocean just so Japan could've seen the possible destruction.

The results would've been the same.

If any other country had dropped those a-bombs on civilian populations, it would have been considered one of the most horrific acts in human history.

Japan have got some balls playing the victim in World War 2 because of the US' use of A-bombs. The Japanese acted like absolute animals in China and SE Asia, they treated enemy combatants and civilians like insects, the astonishing brutality of what they did in China was easily on the level of the Nazis.

How they have the nerve to turn the argument on the US while completely trying to dodge responsibility for their atrocities is unbelievable and shows how much of a bunch of sociopaths they were (maybe still are).

This

I don't buy that for a second. That is exactly the kind of bullshit damage control excuse I would come up with if I had just instantly killed hundreds of thousands of people. "Well ya see, we actually did it to save people." The bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were acts of terrorism according to our very own definition of terrorism; the use of violence or intimidation for political aims. Most of us don't like to see it that way so we try to rationalize it.

I also can't help but shake the feeling that if any country had ever used nuclear weapons against the US, we would never hear the end of it today. That country would be called evil, terrorists, every name in the book.

i disagree, it was war, it is terrible but it was action that committed during war.

you want to know what is the real terrorism, Pearl Harbour. attacking someone country while negotiated peace are way worse than droping nuke while in war.

at best you have war crimes (which i don't think it is) but clearly this is not an act of terrorism.
if Japan did unconditional surrender, US would accept the term.

1-Yes the war was going to end even without the Russians and without the bomb.
However Japan wanted terms and the best ones possible and knew the U.S. did not want to try and take Japan.

2- Not sure of the number but by the time we got to this stage of the war we were tired of it and just wanted it to end with as few more American lives lost as possible.

3- See 1 and 2 above we were tired of it. They were going to drag it out to get the best terms possible and this was known.

4- Of course we didn't tell them which cities. We just said we have a big ass bomb and were going to use it unless they surrendered unconditionally now.

5- Yea I agree.

We were not going to waste anymore American lives in that war if possible and that's the way 99% of Americans felt.

Hell we did more damage in other bombing campaigns in life and property damage.

The only thing the atomic bombs were is psychological warfare mostly.

number 1 is pure gold.

Japan know full well US has no intention to take over Japan, all they have to do is tap but they didn't so, the US put them to sleep.

Japan asking if their Emperor could remain sovereign and not face war crimes would be like the Nazis saying their only condition of surrender is to keep Hitler Sovereign. "No, the emperor was like a god." That's all well and good but when you go to war your enemy doesn't care if you're a god. You're an enemy leader. Although the U.S. Did keep the emperor around, that was their choice to make. It's not like it was Reasonable request of the Japanese to make.

We had every right to drop the bombs. And Japan should have surrendered after the first one.

The fire bombings were unethical imo.

I really don't see how the half a million casualties is over blown. You had civilians on tiny islands committing suicide by the thousands. You had almost no Japanese soldiers surrendering. If they dug themselves in like they did on the islands, in Japan, it could have been a real blood bath. Japan should have surrendered sooner. It is very unfortunate what played out. But at least they surrendered before the Soviets made it to Japan mainland.

I watched on some documentary that the U.S was planning on dropping Abombs on the land their soldiers were going to cross in their invasions. That would have been just fantastic. A hundred thousand u.s. Soldiers getting radiation poisoning. What a disaster that would have been. Good luck keeping the Emperor then with the American people really pissed off.

Last edited:
If any other country had dropped those a-bombs on civilian populations, it would have been considered one of the most horrific acts in human history.

It's not considered that? You sound like a retarded weeb. Everyone acknowledges it was horrific, Americans just find ways to justify it but never pretend it wasn't awful.

It's not considered that? You sound like a retarded weeb. Everyone acknowledges it was horrific, Americans just find ways to justify it but never pretend it wasn't awful.

So was Dresden but that's war.

Most Americans and the majority of Western historical perspective gloss over the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They refer to both incidents as necessary and don't delve into the details, effectively excusing them entirely. Shut up and get an education before you open your ass again.

Most Americans and the majority of Western historical perspective gloss over the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. They refer to both incidents as necessary and don't delve into the details, effectively excusing them entirely. Shut up and get an education before you open your ass again.

Yeah, like I said, they find ways to justify it but that isn't to say that we aren't told how awful it is, and rightfully so. The thing is I actually remember my education and not just some weaboo ********* like you. What's the next thing you're gonna tell me? That slavery is glossed over and we aren't told how horrible it was? The fuck out of here and go jerk off to Akiyama, you're like 7 years late on that bandwagon.

Japan have got some balls playing the victim in World War 2 because of the US' use of A-bombs. The Japanese acted like absolute animals in China and SE Asia, they treated enemy combatants and civilians like insects, the astonishing brutality of what they did in China was easily on the level of the Nazis.

How they have the nerve to turn the argument on the US while completely trying to dodge responsibility for their atrocities is unbelievable and shows how much of a bunch of sociopaths they were (maybe still are).

Agree, I have no sympathy at all for the ****. Every Vet I have ever talked to still held a degree of dislike towards them.

Yeah, like I said, they find ways to justify it but that isn't to say that we aren't told how awful it is, and rightfully so. The thing is I actually remember my education and not just some weaboo ********* like you. What's the next thing you're gonna tell me? That slavery is glossed over and we aren't told how horrible it was? The fuck out of here and go jerk off to Akiyama, you're like 7 years late on that bandwagon.

History textbooks in US curricula from grade school to high school purposely have barely any mention of the bombings. In no part of American education are students told "how horrible" the bombings were. That's the point. Don't be angry that someone knows more about the world than you do, you pea brained child. If you could have afforded a real education maybe you wouldn't have turned out to be such an epic failure of the public school system.

History textbooks in US curricula from grade school to high school purposely have barely any mention of the bombings. In no part of American education are students told "how horrible" the bombings were. That's the point. Don't be angry that someone knows more about the world than you do, you pea brained child. If you could have afforded a real education maybe you wouldn't have turned out to be such an epic failure of the public school system.

We were shown graphic footage of the aftermath and told about the debate between those who claim it was justified vs. those like you. The class was evenly split.

There was already 60 million people dead, all sides of the war had deliberately targeted civilians with everything they'd had. Gimme a break. The firebombing of Tokyo had killed more people than both nukes combined, but that's a nicer way to die so it's not mentioned much.

We were shown graphic footage of the aftermath and told about the debate between those who claim it was justified vs. those like you. The class was evenly split.

Your experience is probably in the minority. US textbooks have been shown to largely downplay the total death toll in both bombings and leave out much of the complex details of what went into the decision of dropping the bombs either to simplify the events or to promote a justification of the US action.

There was already 60 million people dead, all sides of the war had deliberately targeted civilians with everything they'd had. Gimme a break. The firebombing of Tokyo had killed more people than both nukes combined, but that's a nicer way to die so it's not mentioned much.

Case in point.

War itself is a horrific, but sometimes necessary, act.

Your experience is probably in the minority. US textbooks have been shown to largely downplay the total death toll in both bombings and leave out much of the complex details of what went into the decision of dropping the bombs either to simplify the events or to promote a justification of the US action.

Case in point.

You do realize that the Axis powers were responsible for about 80% of the casualties of WWII right?

Retard, public schooling is precisely where I learned it was terrible and it is where the majority of people (and therefore, where the majority of opinion is formed) learn about it. What fucking country do you live in? The only place I can possibly imagine you went to school at was outside of America or in some crazy hellhole like Texas where they put a conservative spin on history. Because I was told how horrible it was in high school. So there, you have been disproven. You are wrong because you made a sweeping statement and my experience shows otherwise.

Now shut your ********** you sissy *********.

Back