5 Myths about the Atomic Bomb (as used in WWII)

You do realize that the Axis powers were responsible for about 80% of the casualties of WWII right?

And the axis power started the whole damn thing.

Especially germany and japan.

You do realize that the Axis powers were responsible for about 80% of the casualties of WWII right?

And thats a justification for the US killing hundreds of thousands of Japanese civilians? How many US civilians did they kill again?

Retard, public schooling is precisely where I learned it was terrible and it is where the majority of people (and therefore, where the majority of opinion is formed) learn about it. What fucking country do you live in? The only place I can possibly imagine you went to school at was outside of America or in some crazy hellhole like Texas where they put a conservative spin on history. Because I was told how horrible it was in high school. So there, you have been disproven. You are wrong because you made a sweeping statement and my experience shows otherwise.

Now shut your ********** you sissy *********.

You are a talking anus. Good bye.

Your experience is probably in the minority. US textbooks have been shown to largely downplay the total death toll in both bombings and leave out much of the complex details of what went into the decision of dropping the bombs either to simplify the events or to promote a justification of the US action.

What do you think the teachers are there for? Do you think the teachers just make the students read and don't review the chapter or add their two cents?

I feel I should point out that America's school system is quite bad by the standard of developed nations and has a reputation for playing fast and loose with certain details.

And thats a justification for the US killing hundreds of thousands of Japanese civilians? How many US civilians did they kill again?

Ok gandhi lets see what you got. Your president of the United States its December 7, 1941 Lets hear it from beginning to end how would you conduct the war, what would you target, we killed 20,000 Japanese on iwo jima is that too many? how do you determine what weapons to use and how much we should hold ourselves back so 100 years in the future we look good for posterity, how would you win it, what terms would you ask for, how would you ensure another war wouldn't break out in the near future.

Someone like you running a nation in WW2 would have been like McClellan commanding the Union Army. Outnumbering our enemies 10 to 1 on every front with superior training and material let losing every single battle suffering disproportionate casualties just because you afraid to commit due to you own fear of the outcome. Cowering in fear of death just to see your weak decisions cause thousands of unnecessary deaths at every turn.

it was War, and killing solider while not in war, and starting a war while negotiating peace isn't justifiable either.

granted, i took AP US History, but we absolutely learned about the atomic bombs, the death tolls, the radiation effects afterwards, etc...they didn't gloss over slavery or the Indian Removal Act either.

Also, it was war, Total war at that, shit happens. Nearly 25k were killed in the Dresden Fire Bombings. civilians, largely factory workers. oh well. The Tokyo firebombings killed anywhere from 75-200k, displacing 1M more....

Yes, the atom bombs were singular extremely destructive events. 30M approximate civlians died in WWII though from direct enemy engagement (millions more due to famine and disease) tho

In other words, it's not a huge deal. The Soviet Union had about as many civlian casualties as it did uniformed troops.....that's insane

If anyone deserved to be nuked, Japan did. All the countless prison camp atrocities, prisoner medical experiments, rape of Naking.

I'm 100% certain Japan would've nuked the US 100 times if they had 100 nukes.

Yes, absolutely. Should've killed more TBH, there's a cost to wanton aggression and war crimes.

Japanese civilians overwhelmingly supported the war
tumblr_mfajqdV7YN1ry96k9o1_500.jpg

Aussie_execution.jpg

37SiZsvh.jpg

article-1269611-0958FB54000005DC-229_468x312.jpg

w2i-andam01s.jpg

Gruesome, should've killed more Japanese.
a-vivisection-of-the-pregnant-womanat-the-unit-731-this-pregnant-young-woman-was-infected-with-syphilis-for-to-study-the-efficiency-of-the-new-japanese-antibiotic-terramycin-on-the-infe.jpg

Yes. What do you think the Japanese would have done if they had the bomb? Or the Germans?

Is this your way of admitting you're not an American?

And here you are suggesting that not being an American is somehow a bad thing. Born and raised in the US by the way.

Ok gandhi lets see what you got. Your president of the United States its December 7, 1941 Lets hear it from beginning to end how would you conduct the war, what would you target, we killed 20,000 Japanese on iwo jima is that too many? how do you determine what weapons to use and how much we should hold ourselves back so 100 years in the future we look good for posterity, how would you win it, what terms would you ask for, how would you ensure another war wouldn't break out in the near future.

Someone like you running a nation in WW2 would have been like McClellan commanding the Union Army. Outnumbering our enemies 10 to 1 on every front with superior training and material let losing every single battle suffering disproportionate casualties just because you afraid to commit due to you own fear of the outcome. Cowering in fear of death just to see your weak decisions cause thousands of unnecessary deaths at every turn.

Your analogies to the Civil War are imbecilic and your false bravado in portraying a knowledge of military tactics that certainly doesn't exist is pathetic.

it was War, and killing solider while not in war, and starting a war while negotiating peace isn't justifiable either.

An unjust act doesn't make another unjust act just. Killing civilians is unacceptable, as was addressed by something called the Geneva Conventions.

Yes. What do you think the Japanese would have done if they had the bomb? Or the Germans?

We like to examine what did happen and not what could have.

So you think Hitler's likely willingness to use nuclear bombs justifies their use. That's ok, but not all of us embrace Hitler or WWII Japan as thought leaders in the ethics of war. I take it you also endorse torture because the Nazis actually did that one, so it must be ok.

Please expand on this
the nerve on that guy!

damn american fascist imperialist pigs, not allowing the honourable japanese people to flourish in their peaceful/progressive society.

i mean the japanese had set up those nice anarchist collectives in the pacific, leaving in harmony with the chinese and everyone else, and the WESTERN IMPERIALIST devils ruined it :(

An unjust act doesn't make another unjust act just. Killing civilians is unacceptable, as was addressed by something called the Geneva Conventions.

what you don't understand is action committed when there is peace and action that committed during war, cannot be held with the same standard.

Back