$5 billion for Border Wall?

No, Just the major cities could swing the election, fly over stated as politicians like to call them wouldn’t matter at all

How many major cities? The 50 biggest cities in the country make up less than 20% of the popular vote, that's not anywhere near enough to win >50%.

It's you who's missing the point. Obviously they weren't going to do it the first two years, that would have been fucking stupid considering they could use it again to their advantage for the next elections. Don't act like Democrats don't ever use the same strategy, that's just politics as shitty as that sounds. Everything is a strategic move and this one is no different.

That is the dumbest shit i have read all day. You should be ashamed, but i know you'll wear it with honor. So instead of getting such an important issue taken care of quickly, it is best to wait till mid term elections, hoping not to lose the power to get it done, before actually taking action? Also why are we paying for this? Where is that Mexico money at bro? Such a win, i cant wait to stop winning so much, please Trump i am so sick of all this winning.

Even though i don't really think the idea of the wall is the best solution. Trump fans are forgetting he promised Mexico would pay for the wall. Even if this goes through, how the hell is it a win. I agree with the rest of your post. Infrastructure is a major need in this country.
Right? He said it, so he should do it. We all knew it wasnt going to happen when he said it but he insisted so i think either Mexico pays for it or no wall.
Hell at this point i would be ok with it if Trump publicly eats crow. Just a public statement that says "I lied, Mexico will not be paying for the wall."
If hes not even man enough to own it then fuck him and that dumb ass wall.

So are we trusting polls now...]

A Gallup poll saying 57% (+/- 3%) don't want a wall is a legit source. You didn't answer my question: Where did you get your information that most Americans support the wall? I think you made it up. Prove you didn't.

Do you think all illegal immigrants are paid under the table?

No silly boy, but many are.

More importantly,

I think every job an illegal takes is a job that a citizen could be doing one way or the other.

I know the democrats think "cracking down on businesses that hire illegals" is the solution to the problem, but that's an insanely difficult task, which is why it's more evidence that they don't want a solution. They're illegal immigrants, so the ones getting paid under the table are doing it in secret, making it difficult to investigate with little or no paper trail, many use false identities for employment, so that doesn't really fall on the employer either. Even if they were somehow miraculously able to keep people from hiring illegals, that would just leave a ton of illegals here with no income other than crime.

Mexico doesn't have to write a check in order to pay for it. They will lose that money in remittances which will be spent in our own economy instead, which more than covers the cost of the wall. The wall is also a one-time cost, rather than programs with a perpetual cost.

Maybe i missed it, wheres the plan for these remittances? Wheres the numbers? So far ive found zero evidence Mexico is paying for anything and the Mexican President has been adamant that they will not. If you really think this is a one time cost than you have very little understanding how hard it is to secure 2,000 miles of border.
As for the illegals being here without jobs commiting crimes, im completely ok with that. Just enforce the laws we already have and that problem solves itself.
They become legal, get deported or go to jail.

I didn’t pull this out of my ass, large cities/metropolitan areas would get all the attention rural areas (the biggest land blocks) would be left out. Google is your friend

Take your own advice and look up what percentage of the population lives in the 50 biggest cities in your country. It's less than 20%. Since it'll be easier to just take the top 5, take NY, LA, Chicago, Houston and Philly. That's 5 cities in 5 different states. Still makes up less than 10% of the popular vote. The strategy of going only after these urban centres doesn't make sense, it can't win an election, it's mathematically impossible.

That is the dumbest shit i have read all day. You should be ashamed, but i know you'll wear it with honor. So instead of getting such an important issue taken care of quickly, it is best to wait till mid term elections, hoping not to lose the power to get it done, before actually taking action? Also why are we paying for this? Where is that Mexico money at bro? Such a win, i cant wait to stop winning so much, please Trump i am so sick of all this winning.

I'm not saying it's a good thing or the right thing, I'm calling out your childish point trying to make this about them not doing this sooner.. As if anyone with a brain would think they would have started on it right away and not use it to their advantage down the road when it benefited them the most.

You're not talking to a Trump supporter or a Conservative and I haven't claimed to be winning anything.. In my other post earlier, I called out the clown's supporters for believing that Mexico would ever really pay for it. You're the one here who's ironically making a stupid point that isn't news to anyone who's ever paid attention to anything.

Don't hate the player, hate the game and don't act like a Liberal government wouldn't use the same tactic for their own benefit.

Maybe i missed it, wheres the plan for these remittances? Wheres the numbers? So far ive found zero evidence Mexico is paying for anything and the Mexican President has been adamant that they will not. If you really think this is a one time cost than you have very little understanding how hard it is to secure 2,000 miles of border.
As for the illegals being here without jobs commiting crimes, im completely ok with that. Just enforce the laws we already have and that problem solves itself.
They become legal, get deported or go to jail.
The wall is a one-time cost in that you don't need to build a new wall every year. Border security and guards is a regular expense that is already part of the annual budget.

Where do you think these remittances are coming from? The amount of money sent varies a bit based on the strength of the peso, but Mexico not getting that money and instead being spent here amounts to them paying for it and then some.

And no, that problem doesn't solve itself. If it did, there wouldn't be as much gang activity and crime as there currently is. Weak border security and deportations just means people get deported 5 times and still come right back in. I'm certainly not ok with inviting more crime here.

I'm not saying it's a good thing or the right thing, I'm calling out your childish point trying to make this about them not doing this sooner.. As if anyone with a brain would think they would have started on it right away and not use it to their advantage down the road when it benefited them the most.

You're not talking to a Trump supporter or a Conservative and I haven't claimed to be winning anything.. In my other post earlier, I called out the clown's supporters for believing that Mexico would ever really pay for it. You're the one here who's ironically making a stupid point that isn't news to anyone who's ever paid attention to anything.

Don't hate the player, hate the game and don't act like a Liberal government wouldn't use the same tactic for their own benefit.

My first or second post in the thread was that this was just a political tactic as mid terms approach. Hell I even said it was a good tactic. As the conversation with some Trump supporters digressed the conversation turned more in to just taking shots at each other.

My main point is that the wall has never been high on the GOP things to do, as it doesn't really hit their agenda. They are only saying they will pass it now to gain momentum with the voting base.

The wall is a one-time cost in that you don't need to build a new wall every year. Border security and guards is a regular expense that is already part of the annual budget.
Infrastructure costs money, not annually but certainly regularly. Walls need yo be maintained and repaired. Also if we are building a wall we need more technology and/or border patrol guards to watch it. Though i do recognize if we invest in enough tech the guards are required less.
Where do you think these remittances are coming from? The amount of money sent varies a bit based on the strength of the peso, but Mexico not getting that money and instead being spent here amounts to them paying for it and then some.
This is the question i asked YOU. YOU said Mexico will pay fpr the wall through remittances NOT ME. So answer your own question, where are these remittances coming from? Wheres the numbers? Show me some kindof proof Mexico is paying for it at all.

And no, that problem doesn't solve itself. If it did, there wouldn't be as much gang activity and crime as there currently is.

Weak border security and deportations just means people get deported 5 times and still come right back in. I'm certainly not ok with inviting more crime here.
I guess you missed the part where i said enforce the rules we already have. You really dont think that works? Look at what ICE has done since Trump has taken office. Also you could make new laws making crossing illegally a harsher sentence.

To reiterate i dont have a problem with building the wall. I dont even have a problem paying for it. I DO have a problem paying for it when Trump CAMPAIGNED on a promise that Mexico was going to pay for it. I also already said, i get it, he lied, we still could use a wall, but unless he is willing to admit that he lied(literally the least he could possibly do), fuck him and his expensive wall. We could do alot of things with that money instead to attack the problem.

Infrastructure costs money, not annually but certainly regularly. Walls need yo be maintained and repaired. Also if we are building a wall we need more technology and/or border patrol guards to watch it. Though i do recognize if we invest in enough tech the guards are required less.

This is the question i asked YOU. YOU said Mexico will pay fpr the wall through remittances NOT ME. So answer your own question, where are these remittances coming from? Wheres the numbers? Show me some kindof proof Mexico is paying for it at all.

I guess you missed the part where i said enforce the rules we already have. You really dont think that works? Look at what ICE has done since Trump has taken office. Also you could make new laws making crossing illegally a harsher sentence.

To reiterate i dont have a problem with building the wall. I dont even have a problem paying for it. I DO have a problem paying for it when Trump CAMPAIGNED on a promise that Mexico was going to pay for it. I also already said, i get it, he lied, we still could use a wall, but unless he is willing to admit that he lied(literally the least he could possibly do), fuck him and his expensive wall. We could do alot of things with that money instead to attack the problem.
The money not sent to Mexico and instead staying here to be spent here amounts to much more than the cost of the wall. Mexico losing that money in their economy and the US gaining that money into our economy is much better than Mexico writing a check for it.

You know as well as I do that democrats would wholeheartedly oppose harsher penalties for border crossings. The deputy chair of the DNC was just parading around wearing a "Yo no creo en fronteras" t-shirt. Democrat voters are pretty effing open about wanting to abolish ICE and even protested them busting a child sex trafficking base.

You failing to execute your right is your own fault and doesn't change anything. Lots of people stay home on both sides. Prove to me that more Trump supporters stayed home than the other side. Moral of the story dont be a bum, get out and vote no matter what.

Meh, California is a special case. It used to be red, but Ted 'drunken asshole' Kennedy destroyed the state with his immigration policies. Well, he destroyed the whole nation by being a traitor to US citizens.

But hey! Hillary rigged California and 100% stole it from Bernie, and thus gave us Trump. So thanks to CA for that.

A Gallup poll saying 57% (+/- 3%) don't want a wall is a legit source. You didn't answer my question: Where did you get your information that most Americans support the wall? I think you made it up. Prove you didn't.

Is a Pew poll showing the majority of Muslims worldwide hold radical views legit?

Meh, California is a special case. It used to be red, but Ted 'drunken asshole' Kennedy destroyed the state with his immigration policies. Well, he destroyed the whole nation by being a traitor to US citizens.

But hey! Hillary rigged California and 100% stole it from Bernie, and thus gave us Trump. So thanks to CA for that.

Shit won't change if the right doesn't bother to vote. It pretty much just giving up. I feel everyone should vote anyways, so there's that.

Only people who didn't vote for Trump care who pays for the wall.

Take your own advice and look up what percentage of the population lives in the 50 biggest cities in your country. It's less than 20%. Since it'll be easier to just take the top 5, take NY, LA, Chicago, Houston and Philly. That's 5 cities in 5 different states. Still makes up less than 10% of the popular vote. The strategy of going only after these urban centres doesn't make sense, it can't win an election, it's mathematically impossible.
or read the link?

There are some pros to the Electoral College, as states with small populations don't get wholly ignored. It is still possible to win an election without winning any of the most populated states. Most major presidential candidates make a point to visit as many states as possible, even those that don't hold many electors. Perhaps in a strict popular vote system, candidates would spend most of their time visiting large cities and metropolitan areas, ignoring those living in rural areas or less densely populated towns.

Back