4th Planet Jiu Jitsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
John O'Brien said:
Eddie's entire game doesn't "revolve" around the half guard, he's just proficient at it. He's a submission grappler and not an MMA fighter, I'm pretty sure he knows when and when not it would be appropiate in an MMA enviroment. As far as takedowns go, why waste your energy on something if you're not exactly the best takedown artist in the world? Once again, let's remind you that he competes in "submission grappling". It inevitably goes to the ground.

As far as reinvented techniques go, he implemented the setups for the "twister" and never took credit for coming up with the move. Stop crying and move on.
He' s game revolves around HG, if you like it or not. He always claims his game is highly suitable for MMA, if you like it or not. I'll not move on, if you like me or not. :wink:

tudor_bjj said:
He' s game revolves around HG, if you like it or not. He always claims his game is highly suitable for MMA, if you like it or not. I'll not move on, if you like me or not. :wink:

Actually, he works the guard a lot. His book has an entire chapter on it. Have you ever been to a class of his?

Should you really hate on his game just because you lack the knowledge to defend against it?

What's the peoplem with being exceptionally proficient from a particular position?

so this guy watched 5min of 'Twister' and saw Eddie pulling half guard as a blue belt and comes talking sh!t????

When people get BB's they usually become extremely proficient in a certain position or technique.
what's wrong with them wanting to teach what they have found.

are you sure your not from Uranus Jiu Jitsu?

tudor_bjj said:
Would you train here or there?

that's a tough one, being taught by the winner of the Abu Dhabi North American Trials lightweight division; while earning the Most Technical Fighter Of The Night.
Then, as we all know going on to beat Royler in Brazil.

or 5 guys in a basement that probably have 3yr of wrestling experience between them all.

Andre00 said:
that's a tough one, being taught by the winner of the Abu Dhabi North American Trials lightweight division; while earning the Most Technical Fighter Of The Night.
Then, as we all know going on to beat Royler in Brazil.

or 5 guys in a basement that probably have 3yr of wrestling experience between them all.

ding ding ding!!!!

tudor, i never expected this trollism from you.

As far as I'm concerned, even if the moves he reinvents are old, it seems like no one was paying attention to them in particular the twister because I had never seen it done before him, not even in wrestling and I wrestled for two years. His rubber guard totally shot my game up a thousand points. I am flexible as hell so his style is perfect for me. I shocked quite a few people when I began using rubber guard setups. There is nothing wrong in being proficient in one particular area. Cro Cop is great with his kicks, Marcelo Garcia loves the armdrag, and Eddie likes the half-guard. Yet, it isn't like the only thing he knows is this. Really who cares? I'd love to train with him.

The only problem I have with Eddie is if he tries to comment on grappling re:MMA. The guy has never trained or fought MMA so how does he know whether his techniques are good for it or not? Him and Laimon both I really dislike for pretending to be authorities on MMA grappling when neither has actually done it.

Darwinist said:
The only problem I have with Eddie is if he tries to comment on grappling re:MMA. The guy has never trained or fought MMA so how does he know whether his techniques are good for it or not? Him and Laimon both I really dislike for pretending to be authorities on MMA grappling when neither has actually done it.

Just because they haven't done it, doesn't mean they don't know anything about it. There are lots of boxing coaches that don't box and never have that are good.

Really, Eddie's rants on MMA are about Gi guys going in and trying Gi moves without the Gi. He is pushing no-gi because all of the setups will still work in MMA.

Let's get this straight (not "straight", but straight). Revolutions on our planet (and it's Mars, BTW) could have been made by Drennan (starting the "no gi" thing), Cordo (giving the half guard a new meaning) etc., but none of them called themeselves revolutionist.
BTW, can you tell me who was declared the most technical fighter in all the ADCC american trials or who won them, without googling?

tudor_bjj said:
- guards that are suitable for every body type (don't need to be a pretzel)
- game that not revolves around half guard (don't need to get punched in the face in MMA or the street)
- use of takedowns (don't need to sit on your butt and wait for the other to involve in the fight)
- no new, old reinvented techniques with go-go dancer names (don't need to make a name from giving names)
Would you train here or there?

i'm sorry but you're a dumb fuck, people like you are the reason so few fighters post here anymore.

and the thread title is one of the dumbest bits of self-ownage i've ever seen on these boards and that is saying something.

b0b said:
Just because they haven't done it, doesn't mean they don't know anything about it. There are lots of boxing coaches that don't box and never have that are good.

Really, Eddie's rants on MMA are about Gi guys going in and trying Gi moves without the Gi. He is pushing no-gi because all of the setups will still work in MMA.

Boxing coaches that have never boxed and are good are drawing upon an established skillset that has been proven in combat by active boxers, they don

Moving Shadow said:
i'm sorry but you're a dumb fuck, people like you are the reason so few fighters post here anymore.

and the thread title is one of the dumbest bits of self-ownage i've ever seen on these boards and that is saying something.
No need to be sorry, I feel the same thing about you, too. And... maybe if your imagination was not so pathetic you could have understand the 4th planet innuendo.

Darwinist said:
Boxing coaches that have never boxed and are good are drawing upon an established skillset that has been proven in combat by active boxers, they don

You can prove to yourself the superiority of rubber guard to regular guard/open guard in mma by sparring mma. See how much less, and less forcefully you get hit on the bottom in rubber guard compared to regular, let alone open guard. Eddie may start the book on half guard, because it is only one move away from almost any position, but he spends a good amount of time on rubber guard, and it is mainly the rubber guard which compensates for the lack of a gi, not the half guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back