Jair Rozenstruik flying under the radar against Curtis Blaydes

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He’s currently a huge underdog against Blaydes, maybe for good reason since Blaydes is the best wrestler at HW.

But again this is HW. I think Curtis is going could have some success there but if he doesn’t put a stamp on the fight or finish in that first round, I think his TDs in the later rounds are going to be harder to find because of the distance he’d need to hit them because Jair is a surgeon of a counter striker.

Jair is good at countering the jab either with his own or he can go over the top like Ngannou did. And he throws in combination. If Lewis was able to time the uppercut, I have no doubts Jair can do it too.

If Curtis is smart and able, he’d work Jair into fighting off the back foot and press him against the cage to get his TDs rather than shoot in the open.

But man something tells me Jair going to put him to sleep and for that, I’ll put my money where my mouth is:

3AFC0587-6846-4F27-A200-5688A484502C.jpeg

He’s currently a huge underdog against Blaydes, maybe for good reason since Blaydes is the best wrestler at HW.

But again this is HW. I think Curtis is going could have some success there but if he doesn’t put a stamp on the fight or finish in that first round, I think his TDs in the later rounds are going to be harder to find because of the distance he’d need to hit them because Jair is a surgeon of a counter striker.

Jair is good at countering the jab either with his own or he can go over the top like Ngannou did. And he throws in combination. If Lewis was able to time the uppercut, I have no doubts Jair can do it too.

If Curtis is smart and able, he’d work Jair into fighting off the back foot and press him against the cage to get his TDs rather than shoot in the open.

But man something tells me Jair going to put him to sleep and for that, I’ll put my money where my mouth is:

View attachment 881115

Why didn't you bet on Rozenstruik by ko?

The earth would start spinning the other way around before Rozenstruik wins by decision if you are giong to risk 500 on a guy

I think Rozenstruik has a very good chance at catching Blaydes, and kidna shocking that he's such a big underdog in a way, but I can see why.

I think Blaydes would correct his mistake and come out on top, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Roz catches him. I personally don't think he will, but best luck to you Sir! I just don't think Rozenstruik's style is similar to Lewis and Ngannou's style which put Rozenstruik's lights out. But what do I know

Good luck Sherbo!

Could go either way perhaps, but I'd think Blaydes finds a way to mix it up, but who knows. Personally though, I'd think Blaydes might be too good for Rozenstruik.

But at the end of the day, Rozenstruik is good enough to knock out anyone at heavyweight, whereas Curtis Blaydes is coming off a brutal knock out loss.

Why didn't you bet on Rozenstruik by ko?

The earth would start spinning the other way around before Rozenstruik wins by decision if you are giong to risk 500 on a guy

I think Rozenstruik has a very good chance at catching Blaydes, and kidna shocking that he's such a big underdog in a way, but I can see why.

I think Blaydes would correct his mistake and come out on top, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if Roz catches him. I personally don't think he will, but best luck to you Sir! I just don't think Rozenstruik's style is similar to Lewis and Ngannou's style which put Rozenstruik's lights out. But what do I know

Good luck Sherbo!

This particular bookie doesn’t take props like my other ones. Either way, Curtis throws a lot of lazy jabs and I think that’s where he will get countered

This particular bookie doesn’t take props like my other ones. Either way, Curtis throws a lot of lazy jabs and I think that’s where he will get countered

I personally don't think Blaydes stand up is that bad.

I think if Blaydes doesn't push for TDs unnecessarily, I think Roz will have a really hard time because Blaydes will get into his groove and TDs will be there.

It may largely depends on if Blaydes was able to recover mentally from his knock out loss too. AND most importantly his chin, because I'd imagine Roz should be able to land some offense more likely than not.

I think you raise some very good points. Jair's striking is certainly more polished than Derrick and I suspect Curtis will have to navigate through some tricky positions on the feet. He could certainly land his shots--Derrick's uppercut seemed hilariously well-timed, and I'm not sure how accurately he would keep hitting that read if the fight progressed further. We'll learn a lot about Jair' s TDD in this fight.

Blaydes will probably try to kickbox again and get koed lol he could easily lay and pray. Rozy is like James Toney on the ground

He's a boring knockout artist.

Just waits for the perfect shot and if it isn't there, his fight is a pose fest.

Rozenstruik is not flying under the radar

Hes laying under wet blanket Bladyes...take downs all night

All of Roz wins are by KO so I would check that prop if you like him.

And there is reason to like him. Blaydes gets hurt in most of his fights, and his takedowns are overrated. He was like 0-8 combined vs JDS & Lewis, & he also went like 3-15 vs Omeilanzcuk.

His gnp is nasty tho so Roz better not get taken down in the middle of the cage. I believe ATT will have him well prepared.

Blaydes needs to trust his stand up more and not just shoot blind. He does that he wins.

Pretty tough opponent for Blaydes coming off a heavy KO loss. I think he will be able to tie up Rozenstruik and take him down though so I think he gets past him whether by TKO or a decision.

577177-21448369.png

Rozenstruik has been written off by MMA fans far too quickly.

Curtis Blaydes does not have the power of Ngannou nor does he possess anywhere near the striking prowess of Gane.

Theres a real chance if Jairzinho can stuff the first takedown attempt that Blaydes gets a little too comfortable striking with Jairzinho who as we saw can simply step forward and knock down a fighter with nearly an identical build to Blaydes.

My guess is that Curtis shoots for the legs ASAP.

Roz couldn't even defend Overeem's TD's, he's definitely not going to be able to fend off Blaydes'.

The only chance this isn't how the fight goes, is if Blaydes has PTSD from that Black Beast uppercut and is just scared shitless to ever shoot again

Back