Volk will dominate Brian from pillar to post, won't even be close

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
There's levels to this, folks.

Ortega 2.0 isn't a thing and Volk isn't KZ...

By the third round, Brian's lead leg will be a turkey leg and he will get hurt badly with hooks from Volk mixing it up and overwhelming him with different looks. Ortega will be dumbfounded and his nervous system will be fried from attempting to make so many reads that he simply cannot make..

I predict a brutal finish somewhere between the 4 minute mark of the 3rd round and the 3 minute mark of the 4th round.

I don't have a dog in this fight but rather have been brought here to you to relay factual statements and information that may or may not serve as a collosal benefit to you and your life as a whole.

Thank you.

Everything we think we might know about Ortega from the KZ fight will be proven or dispelled to only a degree this weekend. If Volk wins, it doesn't mean that Ortega hasn't improved. It means that Volk is just better and his gameplanning, intelligence, diversity and skill is what won him the fight.

If Brian wins, well, he's obviously gotten better and the improvements he showed in the KZ fight helped, no matter how pronounced they are or not.

Everything we think we might know about Ortega from the KZ fight will be proven or dispelled to only a degree this weekend. If Volk wins, it doesn't mean that Ortega hasn't improved. It means that Volk is just better and his gameplanning, intelligence, diversity and skill is what won him the fight.

If Brian wins, well, he's obviously gotten better and the improvements he showed in the KZ fight helped, no matter how pronounced they are or not.
Ortega 1.3 may be real, but Ortega 2.0 isn't and that known fact will be showcased at UFC 266 live on PPV. Thank you.

By the third round, Brian's lead leg will be a turkey leg and he will get hurt badly with hooks from Volk mixing it up and overwhelming him with different looks. Ortega will be dumbfounded and his nervous system will be fried from attempting to make so many reads that he simply cannot make..

I predict a brutal finish somewhere between the 4 minute mark of the 3rd round and the 3 minute mark of the 4th round.

I don't have a dog in this fight but rather have been brought here to you to relay factual statements and information that may or may not serve as a collosal benefit to you and your life as a whole.

Thank you.

The wav av looked he kinda looked slow ..brian might suprise him

Thank you.
I was thinking Volk would dominate Ortega and win a unanimous decision. Usually Sherdog disagrees with me and i'm usually right. Now that Sherdog is agreeing with me i'm thinking Ortega might pull an upset. He's a live dog but Volk is very good. I think i'm switching to Ortega by decision.

I expect a competitive fight. This won't be some destruction like you want to claim. Volk should still win though as he is the better fighter. All in all though maybe Ortega trained his ass off the 2 year hiatus he took. Not sure what to expect out of him.

Three most likely scenarios in order of their probability
1.) Volk and Ortega play on the feet. It's competitive, but Volk is noticeably outlanding Ortega, which prompts Brian to try to get him down. TDs stuffed, and Volk wins a lopsided decision.
2.) Volk and Ortega play everywhere. It's competitive, a great fight, and ends in a SD.
3.) Ortega's striking is greatly improved, and he begins landing some heavy shots. Volk gets a few in too, but he ultimately gets wobbled, tries to wrestle, and gets locked in a submission.

Volk finishing Ortega might be a bit of a stretch, I do see him winning a crafty decision though.

There is the question mark of how will Volk look after getting Covid. That could fuck with his stamina which might affect his performance.

I hope Ortega wins simply because Volk isn't the rightful champ. He beat Max fair and square the first go round but he lost that rematch. Those judges were blind as a bat.

I’m praying for an Ortega win so we can get Volk out of the title picture forever

Maybe. Ortega does have power and if he times it right he could stun an over eager Volk like he did with Edgar; granted Edgar's reflexes aren't what they use to be, so it would take longer to get Volk in a set up, theoretically. Catching Volk in a sub is unlikely, he is solid all around and is short and stocky and got good grappling fundamentals, hard to catch guys like that on the ground, but it's not impossible. Very intriguing match-up. If Oretga wins, I think it'd be by KO or TKO. Likely early. If it goes far, Volk wins a decision...

i think ortega subs volk, probably 4th round finish imo.

Volk has become a point fighter in 3 successive fights with Aldo, Holloway and the Holloway rematch.

Personally I scored the rematch for Max, but you can score it 3-2 for either guy. Volk stuck nonstop failed takedown attempts to nowhere against the cage because he needed to score points in a fight he was getting the worse of the exchanges.

I don't see anything at all to recommend a brutal finish from Volk. At this point it would legit be out of character for him to even take those types of risks. He's going to secure points.

The X factor is how sharp Ortega's submissions are.

Thank you.

I completely agree, other than I don't think the finish is as likely as you do. I think it goes to a VERY lopsided decision. The KZ victory was much more KZ having a year off and having an off night as opposed to Ortega 2.0 imo. I know mma math doesn't work but does anyone remember what Max did to Ortega?

I don't understand the odds at all, I think they're wrong, and I think Volk should be -200 or more. I made one of my top 5 largest mma bets ever on Volk and I'm not a fan of the guy.

Back