Volk will dominate Brian from pillar to post, won't even be close

Ortega is like Yoel Romero. It seems like he’s going to lose most of his fights, but then he’ll randomly pull something out when you thought he was losing the whole fight.

Lol. Accurate description. That's one of my worries as a Volk fan. I can see him picking apart ortega for the majority of the fight, only to get rocked by an elbow or knee then choked out in the last round.

I don’t even like Ortega but he’s definitely not getting dominated. People sleep on Ortega cause they hate him and overrate Volk’s skills/ability but he’s nothing special. Ortega gonna win.
I actually LIKE Brian Ortega and also bet money on him beating KZ, but I do think he gets well beaten in this fight. Yes he can always sub any opponent, he is a BJJ savant. He will always have that.

Volkanovski is on a 9-fight unbeaten run in the UFC (and in fact is on a 19-fight win streak, going all the way back to 2013).

So just to get this straight :
-- You are calling a fighter who is on a 19-fight win streak, unbeaten for 8 years, and has won all 9 of his UFC fights "nothing special"??? Can you just confirm that please.

Three most likely scenarios in order of their probability
1.) Volk and Ortega play on the feet. It's competitive, but Volk is noticeably outlanding Ortega, which prompts Brian to try to get him down. TDs stuffed, and Volk wins a lopsided decision.
2.) Volk and Ortega play everywhere. It's competitive, a great fight, and ends in a SD.
3.) Ortega's striking is greatly improved, and he begins landing some heavy shots. Volk gets a few in too, but he ultimately gets wobbled, tries to wrestle, and gets locked in a submission.

Number 3 is what Ortega would need to be able to do to win IMO. And I don't think he can. Even with the improvements.

hope so. I'm tired of ortega.

he's won 1 fight in the last 3 years since max obliterated his face. and now he's getting a title shot ?
Who would you have gave the shot too considering the circumstances?

Who would you have gave the shot too considering the circumstances?

true. its an odd situation with max not being able to get another shot. Yair is more inactive than Ortega (even though they both beat Zombie in their last fight). I guess you're right, there is no one else to pick from.

true. its an odd situation with max not being able to get another shot.
Volkanovski has beaten Max TWICE in a row. There is no justifiable reason whatsoever to do yet another fight between these two, it's that simple.

If by dominate you mean run backwards and throw baby low-kicks for 25 minutes then sure

Volk will be too fast and too smart for Ortega, and I’m gonna love every second of it.

Hopefully the last time we will have to see that milk body in title contention.

I fully agree with this post. I think Volk is going to absolutely fucking smash him. It's gonna be one of those prolonged beatdowns that last over a few rounds too. Kinda like Justin/Tony.

I can see volk dominating but to finish Ortega? Don’t think so, he took an ass whoopin of a life time and still wanted to come out for the fifth round.

Ortega is going to win - volk should have lost the last fight with Max.

It's going to be - Volk coming out strong round 1 pushing the pace.

Round 2 more of the same from Volk but Ortega getting his licks in as well.

Round 3 Ortega catches Volk being arrogant, volk panics into a takedown/clinch leaving a limb or his next exposed and gets subbed.

Ortega is the new 145lb champ and calls out Max for the rematch. Volk is left in a pool of his arrogance.

1.) Volk and Ortega play on the feet. It's competitive, but Volk is noticeably outlanding Ortega, which prompts Brian to try to get him down. TDs stuffed, and Volk wins a lopsided decision.

Ortega will have the advantage on the feet. It will be Volk attempting clinches and TD's.

Ortega will have the advantage on the feet. It will be Volk attempting clinches and TD's.
Then Volk is screwed. This is the reason why I put money on Maia to beat Askren. There's no way Volk is going to be able to control Brian on the ground long enough to win the fight that way without getting caught in a sub.

I feel like this forum is severely underestimating Ortega for some reason
I have Ortega but either way I don't see him getting destroyed

There's no way Volk is going to be able to control Brian on the ground long enough to win the fight that way without getting caught in a sub.

This is what people were saying about Lesnar before his second fight with Mir. :)

Back