Cory Sandhagen and his team in the moments after the loss to TJ Dillashaw

A close loss (many had him winning) to a former champ and P4P great is actually something he should be proud of, and her can learn from this. I'm sure improve and come back better and with more urgency

Even though I think Cory won the fight. I feel Cory must really be questioning himself at this point. TJ had a massive cut impairing his vision for the last 3 rounds. He blew out his knee, and couldn't wrestle, still Cory couldn't take advantage.

Thought this thread would be about an appeal being filed, but this is nice as well :)

He'll never put his forehead on the cage and sit there again. Out damaging his opponent or not.

Was a great scrap - 0 shame anywhere.

Props to both fighters for our pleasure!
This right there got lost in the discussions post fight.

The fight itself was amazing and the amount of skill, especially in terms of striking, that these two displayed, was something else.
I'm admittedly far from innocent when it comes to steering the discussion about the fight into the direction of who should have won it, but think we everyone should also remember it for the great fight it was regardless.

He gave the fight to TJ. With TJ's impairments he could have put TJ away so easy, just needed to follow up on his shots. I think had he reversed the clinch he would easily have won.

Sloppy fight, I believe the judges got it right for once! Cory is still very young and he will be back better than he was before, this would be a nice rematch a year or so down the road if TJ gets the strap again. He was very tentative off of his feet and failed to utilize his reach advantage like he should have.

It also is better for the UFC for TJ to win. He is a more marketable fighter and people know who he is. Look at all the rub they gave him with the special that he got. He basically got a special made about him due to the fact that he was a juicer!

He may just go down as the coulda shoulda woulda. He has the tools physically but it seems his mental hold him back.

I deeply wish that Yan will destroy TJ. Honestly.

TJ is an exceptional fighter. No one is going to win 10/10 against him. I don’t think it was as easy and some suggest.

He started the first round strong, idk why he didn’t press TJ for a finish. Cory clearly had the gas tank to do more and edge the win. Props to both guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back