Stipe being a hypocrite

hardcoreBE

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We all know Stipe isn't the biggest personality in the UFC, but he's a great fighter. And seeing him in some of the embeddeds, he seems like a fun and easy going guy. It took me a while but I became a fan of his.

Not that he cares about it, but now he's losing me as a fan and I'm sure there are other who will feel the same.

His recent comments about him deserving a rematch with Ngannou just rub me the wrong way. After DC beat him to win the title the UFC gave him an immediate rematch. He won the rematch and wasn't very keen of having to fight DC again immediately. In the end he accepted.

After that, it was clear his next fight should have been Ngannou. Stipe was clear that he didn't want to fight Ngannou because he already beat him decisively and he wanted to fight someone new, have a fresh opponent. But since there first fight Francis destroyed 4 tough opponents in less than 3 minutes while Stipe went 2-1 against DC. This already rubbed me the wrong way.

Now after getting murked by Francis, all of a sudden he thinks he deserves a rematch? The guy that complained when his opponents got them? The guy who wanted to fight someone new?

Despite of how I feel about this interim belt, the winner of that will face Francis. Stipe should really stop complaining and fight someone fresh like he wanted to. Make himself relevant again. Sitting by the sidelines, pouting about not getting a rematch will not do him any good. Fans are just gonna forget about him and he's already not that memorable.

As of now he's the guy that went 3-2 for the last three and a half years against two opponents.

Such is the duality of the HW title picture. I didn't like the 'immediate rematch' thing either. I think he needs to pick a fight with Jones or maybe the UFC can do another trade with One if there is anyone the UFC would take. I'd have to look but I think Stipe has only fought in USA/Brazil so not sure about him travelling to Asia and fighting. Also the curse on UFC fighters in One is quasi palpable. And by curse I mean getting your ass beat by people that are unfamiliar to a lot of MMA fans.

Such is the duality of the HW title picture. I didn't like the 'immediate rematch' thing either. I think he needs to pick a fight with Jones or maybe the UFC can do another trade with One if there is anyone the UFC would take. I'd have to look but I think Stipe has only fought in USA/Brazil so not sure about him travelling to Asia and fighting. Also the curse on UFC fighters in One is quasi palpable. And by curse I mean getting your ass beat by people that are unfamiliar to a lot of MMA fans.

He's 1-1 with Ngannou, and he (Stipe) is the UFC hw GOAT (that's not even questionable, it's a fact).

So why wouldn't he feel entitled to have a rematch with Ngannou? He's absolutely entitled to feeling so.

He's 1-1 with Ngannou, and he (Stipe) is the UFC hw GOAT (that's not even questionable, it's a fact).

So why wouldn't he feel entitled to have a rematch with Ngannou? He's absolutely entitled to feeling so.
He already got an immediate rematch when he lost to Cormier lol

shut the hell up and let him go back to saving cats from trees

I agree with the UFC HW goat comment and that he's more than welcome to feeling entitled that way. But a feeling of entitlement and reality don't always match up. He's super disgruntled with the UFC/Dana and somewhat soliciting OneFC which won't necessarily warrant an immediate rematch title shot. I'd be fine if it happened honestly, I just didn't like the way he pointed out DC got the immediate rematches, but in reality so did he. I also don't think the belt is everything at this point. He has a great legacy and if he can get the fight with Jones and win I think that would be even bigger than getting the fight with Francis.

We all know Stipe isn't the biggest personality in the UFC, but he's a great fighter. And seeing him in some of the embeddeds, he seems like a fun and easy going guy. It took me a while but I became a fan of his.

Not that he cares about it, but now he's losing me as a fan and I'm sure there are other who will feel the same.

His recent comments about him deserving a rematch with Ngannou just rub me the wrong way. After DC beat him to win the title the UFC gave him an immediate rematch. He won the rematch and wasn't very keen of having to fight DC again immediately. In the end he accepted.

After that, it was clear his next fight should have been Ngannou. Stipe was clear that he didn't want to fight Ngannou because he already beat him decisively and he wanted to fight someone new, have a fresh opponent. But since there first fight Francis destroyed 4 tough opponents in less than 3 minutes while Stipe went 2-1 against DC. This already rubbed me the wrong way.

Now after getting murked by Francis, all of a sudden he thinks he deserves a rematch? The guy that complained when his opponents got them? The guy who wanted to fight someone new?

Despite of how I feel about this interim belt, the winner of that will face Francis. Stipe should really stop complaining and fight someone fresh like he wanted to. Make himself relevant again. Sitting by the sidelines, pouting about not getting a rematch will not do him any good. Fans are just gonna forget about him and he's already not that memorable.

As of now he's the guy that went 3-2 for the last three and a half years against two opponents.
The UFC GOAT HW. Blah blah blah You goofs are conveniently forgetting DC trying to take his eyes out before the KO. Stipe coming back 2-0. DC even after the cheater he became no question was a bad mother fucker. The UFC pushing the champ champ bullshit. Stipe ended him twice.
The champ is healthy just won the title. The UFC are making a halfbreed belt? Wtf? Who’s fighting?

Stipes character is not what UFC is looking for as a champion, if Derrick will get the belt next he will sell more tickets and ppv.

My main issue is that he didn't want to give them to other fighters, wanted some new opponent but when he loses he feels like he should get one. Especially him not wanting to fight Francis again was a shitty thing, yes Stipe dominated him the first time around but Francis stayed active and KTFO 4 opponents in less than 3 minutes combined.

He should suck it up and move on, because the division did so already. He's not getting the rematch, that's a fact. So stop complaining and fight someone else. Fight Volkov, Tybura, some fight that he can show he still got it.

People are really overblowing the whole situation whilst also disrespecting one of the HW GOATS.

He had the most title defences in UFC HW history, of course he’s going to think he’s entitled to a trilogy match with a guy he’s 1-1 with.

I agree with the UFC HW goat comment and that he's more than welcome to feeling entitled that way. But a feeling of entitlement and reality don't always match up. He's super disgruntled with the UFC/Dana and somewhat soliciting OneFC which won't necessarily warrant an immediate rematch title shot. I'd be fine if it happened honestly, I just didn't like the way he pointed out DC got the immediate rematches, but in reality so did he. I also don't think the belt is everything at this point. He has a great legacy and if he can get the fight with Jones and win I think that would be even bigger than getting the fight with Francis.
Well your dead wrong there. If Stipe beat FN in the 3rd. He’s the baddest MF walking the planet that day. Love to see the day “well the belt isn’t everything f…… stfu.” Quit trying to push an agenda where the loudmouth is bigger than the champ.

Every human being is a hypocrite at one point or another.

No.

There are levels to the concept.

Everyone has lied before, but not everyone is known as "a liar".

Many have said one thing and done/said the opposite so much, that they are designated as a hypocrite. Everyone doesn't go to that level.

He'll get his rematch. He's going to sit it out, wait for lewis/gane then Francis and the winner of that. He knows the UFC will eventually let him fight the winner. But it will backfire. Inactivity and his age are not a good combination.

Well your dead wrong there. If Stipe beat FN in the 3rd. He’s the baddest MF walking the planet that day. Love to see the day “well the belt isn’t everything f…… stfu.” Quit trying to push an agenda where the loudmouth is bigger than the champ.
As already discussed I agree Stipe's the UFC HW Goat. He beat Francis' ass once before. Calm down dude. I didn't insult your family or runover your dog. It's just my opinion. I'm not part of an agenda, I'm sorry if there is one on Sherdog I'm not aware of, but I'm not part of it. I think that if you put a win against Jon Jones on your record it's a big deal and win or lose at this point seems like more money is in that fight too, which toward the end of the career (as Stipe is older) can mean a lot to someone, especially if he doesn't want to fight for the UFC too much more.

How many fights are left on Stipe's contract, serious question that I don't know the answer to.

UFC didn't want to give him a rematch right away. The plan was DC and Brock and DC was doing everything he could to get Bork. But when that flopped DC wanted Derrick Lewis and even after that he said Stipe was entitled and had to fight someone else at least.

Stipe returned the favor by prolonging the trilogy since DC absolutely didn't want that rematch and we saw why later. Also Stipe had to get an eye surgery due to DC trying to take his eyes out.

As already discussed I agree Stipe's the UFC HW Goat. He beat Francis' ass once before. Calm down dude. I didn't insult your family or runover your dog. It's just my opinion. I'm not part of an agenda, I'm sorry if there is one on Sherdog I'm not aware of, but I'm not part of it. I think that if you put a win against Jon Jones on your record it's a big deal and win or lose at this point seems like more money is in that fight too, which toward the end of the career (as Stipe is older) can mean a lot to someone, especially if he doesn't want to fight for the UFC too much more.

How many fights are left on Stipe's contract, serious question that I don't know the answer to.
If you post an ignorant opinion don’t be offended for someone calling you ignorant. :)
Are you his accountant , his sports agent? I watch the sport to see the best vs the best. Not to familiarize myself with a fighters retirement prospects.

Back