Does Magny have the best style to beat Edwards?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I used to doubt Magny for the longest time, but now I realize he was tailor made to beat Leon Edwards.

Styles make fights and I believe his style beats Edward's style of standing in the pocket and countering.

If he wins it will be the maximum time with as little damage as possible. And an unsatisfactory fight for all unless magny is lifeless in the ring.

it’s kind of
like those scuba divers getting wrapped up by an octopus on YouTube but they could just tear it’s head off. But like the unified rules of the ocean you can’t just peel the octopus face off.

so you just kind of set in this awkward position for 15 mins.

possibly but the way Chiesa handled him on the ground makes me think he couldn't beat Leon in the clinch or get take downs which he'd have to mix in to win. Even though he had a huge reach advantage tonight against a pretty orthodox and predictable striker he was getting beat up at times . his cardio could win him the later rounds in a 5 round fight but i still think he'd lose .

Tough call, pretty much always in it, but I see Edwards winning. Edwards is better all around. Magny is has great cardio and volume but I just think Edwards would be too much.

possibly but the way Chiesa handled him on the ground makes me think he couldn't beat Leon in the clinch or get take downs which he'd have to mix in to win. Even though he had a huge reach advantage tonight against a pretty orthodox and predictable striker he was getting beat up at times . his cardio could win him the later rounds in a 5 round fight but i still think he'd lose .
Pretty much exactly what I think. Leon is a better clinch fighter, wrestler, and striker than Neal, who is basically a headhunting power striker with no plan B that sucks in the clinch. Leon would do well in the clinch against Magny and his trips are sneaky. His actual bread and butter are his clinch work and top game, and he'd just take rounds off Magny until he got tired down the stretch and Magny would probably take over the fight too late to win.

Pretty much exactly what I think. Leon is a better clinch fighter, wrestler, and striker than Neal, who is basically a headhunting power striker with no plan B that sucks in the clinch. Leon would do well in the clinch against Magny and his trips are sneaky. His actual bread and butter are his clinch work and top game, and he'd just take rounds off Magny until he got tired down the stretch and Magny would probably take over the fight too late to win.
I agree except i wouldnt call Magny a power striker . I'm nit picking though you made a lot of good points :) . outta likes too but would give if i could .

I think Leon is good in the clinch and he'd probably be the one holding Magny against the fence most of the time. Plus he hits harder than Magny. Magny has his reach advantage, interesting matchup but I think Leon is too good

Leon Takes him down and finishes him in the ground.

It would be a boring fight tbh

I agree except i wouldnt call Magny a power striker . I'm nit picking though you made a lot of good points :) . outta likes too but would give if i could .
Oh my bad maybe I wasn't clear, I was talking about Geoff Neal being a power striker. Magny definitely doesn't have much power :D

Oh my bad maybe I wasn't clear, I was talking about Geoff Neal being a power striker. Magny definitely doesn't have much power :D
Oh whoops ! then yes our minds are melded on this one , Magny loses to Edwards by unanimous decision haha .

The only way I'd be happy with this is if it was a loser leaves town match, just so we'd never have to see one of these two bores ever again.

Back