Burgos vs Barbosa

Jinx_AA

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Shane burgos is the betting favorite in this fight ....even though he got knocked out by josh Emmett last fight ...and dropped and lost to kalvin cattar a couple years ago aswell .

Seems like he's a striker that doesnt wrestle, so should play into barbosas strenghts

Who do you predict to win ? (I'm laying money down on Barbosa in my parlay)

Maybe they're betting on him being tougher and having good pressure/boxing, which was a weakness of barboza in the past. It does make sense, but Hooker was also very tough and a great finisher and it didn't really go well for him.

Seems like he's a striker that doesnt wrestle, so should play into barbosas strenghts

It's his style as a striker that makes him the betting favourite. He's a pressure boxer who's very hard to get off of you, good headmovement and crisp punches. Barboza has a very kick heavy game so Burgos pressure will make it hard for Barboza to get those nasty kicks off.

Interesting fight. I think Barboza got this. He's got hands too but he can be tentative at times. If he let's it fly Burgos is fucked.

Shane burgos is the betting favorite in this fight ....even though he got knocked out by josh Emmett last fight ..

And Emmett didn't KO Burgos. Maybe do your homework before putting money down?

It's his style as a striker that makes him the betting favourite. He's a pressure boxer who's very hard to get off of you, good headmovement and crisp punches. Barboza has a very kick heavy game so Burgos pressure will make it hard for Barboza to get those nasty kicks off.

Interesting fight. I think Barboza got this. He's got hands too but he can be tentative at times. If he let's it fly Burgos is fucked.

And Emmett didn't KO Burgos. Maybe do your homework before putting money down?

I just watching the cattar fight ....he looked decent in it ...relentless ...but got dropped bad !!!

The Emmett fight I havent seen - just record checked ...you got me .

But the cattar fight was telling for me ....he's certainly not bad ...but his legs are wide open to get mangled , and his defense up top left lots to be desired ....he just seems like a tough guy marching forward ....which should play into barbosas game - I think .

hard to call I think Barboza will take it but this fight is gonna be a banger

Shane burgos is the betting favorite in this fight ....even though he got knocked out by josh Emmett last fight ...and dropped and lost to kalvin cattar a couple years ago aswell .

Wow, you're pretty dim.

-He did not get knocked out by Emmett, it was a decision, and a competitive one. It was 1-1 going into the 3rd
-There's no shame in losing to Kattar, he's an elite featherweight. It was also a competitive fight until the 3rd round finish
-He's the favorite because Burgos' style is exactly the type of fighter that Barboza struggles against: someone who's constantly in his face throwing. And that describes Burgos to a T. He has the highest strikes thrown/landed rate among featherweights, and 4th overall among ALL fighters on the roster

Capture.PNG

Your parlay is going to fail

Wow, you're pretty dim.

-He did not get knocked out by Emmett, it was a decision, and a competitive one. It was 1-1 going into the 3rd
-There's no shame in losing to Kattar, he's an elite featherweight. It was also a competitive fight until the 3rd round finish
-He's the favorite because Burgos' style is exactly the type of fighter that Barboza struggles against: someone who's constantly in his face throwing. And that describes Burgos to a T. He has the highest strikes thrown/landed rate among featherweights, and 4th overall among ALL fighters on the roster

View attachment 852753

Your parlay is going to fail

Well see ....I think his defense is atrocious ...his legs are wide open ...and he's been dropped before

Barboza at plus odds in a standup fight ...I like his chance

Shame on you for not watching the Emmett vs Burgos fight
<codychoke>

It's a banger of a fight

I think it’ll a guaranteed barn burner!

Burgos gets hit too much, heavily considering putting money on Barboza

This is some Mandela effect or something. I clearly remember Josh knocking out Burgos but on wiki and Sherdog's fight finder it says Josh won by decision.

Burgos takes this with relative ease.

Horrible fight stylistically for Barboza

All I know is that's an awesome fight.

Burgos takes this with relative ease.

Horrible fight stylistically for Barboza

Well see .....I disagree ...Emmett outstruck him ...kattar outstruck him ....

Burgos has beat nobody !

I think barboza wins ez

Edson going down to 145s is weaksauce he was a big lightweight .

Jason Burgos is underrated imo I think he'll get it done

Back