Anybody actually have faith in Woodley in a boxing match?

Nope. He consistently allows opposing pressure to push him against the fence and gets picked apart/ jab fucked. What is he going to do in a boxing ring where one of his biggest weapons, his explosive wrestling, isn't available?
He'll get jab fucked to a decision or more likely tkoed

Nope. He consistently allows opposing pressure to push him against the fence and gets picked apart/ jab fucked. What is he going to do in a boxing ring where one of his biggest weapons, his explosive wrestling, isn't available?
He'll get jab fucked to a decision or more likely tkoed

He won't be fighting a real boxer though.

He's not fighting a real boxer though.
Yes, but woodley has regressed greatly in the past few years and Paul has shown some sort of skill. A partially skilled 24 year old man with size on woodley who is almost 40 and out of his athletic prime has a decent shot, if even if that 24 year old man is unfortunately jake paul.

I must admit I'm not that confident in T-Wood given his recent fights...I just don't want MMA to be on the wrong side of a stupid boxing match anymore :'(.

He would get koed by paul at this point

Woodley's entire gameplan revolves around the cage, so I'm not even sure how he would do in a ring... In MMA never mind boxing

Not even attempting to troll here but other than an overhand right, I didn’t know he had top level boxing. His chin in theory would hold up longer than Ben so there’s that.

woodley has the speed to snipe a shot off, should be able to at least test jake with body shots and test his chin.

A lot of it depends on how these jake actually trains. Anyone saying he can't box is wrong but is he used to getting hit is the question?

Yes, but woodley has regressed greatly in the past few years and Paul has shown some sort of skill. A partially skilled 24 year old man with size on woodley who is almost 40 and out of his athletic prime has a decent shot, if even if that 24 year old man is unfortunately jake paul.
giphy.gif

If he goes for it like he did vs Luque and connects properly- why not?

I think we can say for certain it would be Paul’s biggest challenge so far. Jakes had an easy(ish) path to an undefeated record so far. I think this fight would be a sensible step up in competition.
Edit: I say easy(ish) because regardless of his opponent, it’s still an accomplishment training daily and making that walk with all the pressure on him.

Back