Anybody actually have faith in Woodley in a boxing match?

Not even attempting to troll here but other than an overhand right, I didn’t know he had top level boxing. His chin in theory would hold up longer than Ben so there’s that.
I only kinda think he would beat Floyd, but I wouldn't put any money on it.
Fury...? I don't think Fury would need both hands and still make it look like a walk in the park

He could easily be paid to lose imo. Also look how uninspired a lot of his performances in the UFC have been. Heck he was talking to a motivational speaker before facing Lawler for the belt. I don't see him being motivated at all for a boxing match against some youtuber. He even lost in that ninja warrior ripoff type show against a History teacher and (like usual) looked like he wasn't even trying.

I dunno, I could see him losing a decision. He's super low output, likes to be backed up so he can throw his pull two, and he rarely uses a jab. Give him 8 weeks with Freddie Roach. shrug.

I only kinda think he would beat Floyd, but I wouldn't put any money on it.
Fury...? I don't think Fury would need both hands and still make it look like a walk in the park

ca0ef80929bd8af86f6a9c61b521a387.png

True Jake Paul isn't a pro but he's leagues above guys who hit a heavy bag for a workout too. He's basically a high level amateur at this point and IMO that's good enough to smash timid twood in a striking only match.

He's nowhere near a high level amateur. We actually have a perfect example of a (relatively) high level amateur boxer in the UFC, Petr Yan - that's the level of skill and polish a high level amateur has. Jake Paul is nowhere near that level.

I've seen national amateur title fights between guys with WAY more skill and polish than Jake Paul. And obviously that's not even proper high level, as you have European level and World level above that.

Paul is essentially a mid level amateur or novice level pro, with a bit of talent and athleticism.

I agree with you he'd probably batter the shit out of Woodley though, even a decent novice level pro would be enough.

A Woodley boxing match wpuld resemble Tyson Fury v Wladimir Klitchko. ........ literally the most boring Boxing match possibly in history.

He does have experience standing up with good kickboxers like WB and Till, and others. But he's worn and 1-handed. Jake Paul is young and takes the boxing at least semi-seriously, it's all about repetition. Can use both hands. Has some athleticism. So while he's not a real guy he does have more boxing than the OK MMA striker. I agree with Cejudo. Woodley probably isn't the guy to test where he's at. A Diaz bro or Masvidal would be.

Not even attempting to troll here but other than an overhand right, I didn’t know he had top level boxing. His chin in theory would hold up longer than Ben so there’s that.

Against a boxer? No
Against Jake Paul? Yes

Jake Paul also only has a right hook. Why? Because both are wrestlers and their left hand usually sucks if they are right handed.
Both have ok jabs, which are just there to set the right hand up.
Woodley might even have the better left hook.

He won't be fighting a real boxer though.
He'd be fighting a guy who seems to have better boxing than him though. TW's boxing hasn't been shown to be anything more than a hail mary overhand that works because of all the other factors in MMA to be worried about. That's not going to work in a boxing match.

Jake won most of his sparring rounds with Mike Perry, who can outbox TW. Yes, it's MMAth but we have nothing but hope to suggest TW could outbox Jake. If it were MMA I'd obv favour TW. But in boxing? TW does not appear to be as good a boxer as Jake is, sad to say.

I wish it weren't so.

Nope. He consistently allows opposing pressure to push him against the fence and gets picked apart/ jab fucked. What is he going to do in a boxing ring where one of his biggest weapons, his explosive wrestling, isn't available?
He'll get jab fucked to a decision or more likely tkoed
I truly wonder if that is due to his strategy of attempting to land power counters while negating TDs. It is harder to get a TD against the fence if that is what Tyron is attempting. Frankly his wrestling wasn't used offensively that I can ever recall.

His boxing is quite good. Power, Larger gloves. Not worried about wrestling. I think Woodley would be a good crossover fight for a youtuber.

Woodley hardly punches these days, he seems scared most fights. Have no clue how he would do

Back