Anybody actually have faith in Woodley in a boxing match?

I was thinking this last night. It sorta sounds better at first but then think of the post champ Woodley minus the sprint in his last fight, TWood will just get his ass whooped by Jake Paul too, unfortunately.

It needs way more than just power to do what Woodley is able to do against guys in one of the best divisions in MMA.

In his last fight, Woodley has shown to not be hesitant against none other than Luque, who's a killer (or an assassin, duh) himself, so i don't see why he'd be passively standing around doing nothing against Paul.

If anything, Jake Paul will second guess himself when Woodley throws the first crisp punch, even if it only lands on Jake's guard.

Not even attempting to troll here but other than an overhand right, I didn’t know he had top level boxing. His chin in theory would hold up longer than Ben so there’s that.
Thats all Jake Paul has also

I also don't understand the size argument of Paul allegedly being bigger.
Paul is taller, that's it.
They're both around 190 pounds or so and Woodley looks like a god at that weight.

Bottom line is ...

MMA fighters need to stop doing this and or come up with some “one in your world, one in my world” kind of contract. Granted there is zero chance Jake does that...but still...this whole “you can’t fuck with me...uh uh....let’s take away 80 percent of your weapons and let’s box” is getting annoying. I mean at what point does it stop being funnny and become a bad look for mma to just keep having their fighters lose.

Last edited:
I think Paul will win. Tyron is what 38? He would be 39 by the time they fight and Jake will continue to box.

Jake Paul would piece him up and have him against the ropes by the end of round 2

He won't be fighting a real boxer though.
True Jake Paul isn't a pro but he's leagues above guys who hit a heavy bag for a workout too. He's basically a high level amateur at this point and IMO that's good enough to smash timid twood in a striking only match.

Bottom line is ...

MMA fighters need to stop doing this and or come up with some “one in your world, one in my world” kind of contract. Granted there isn’t zero chance Jake does that...but still...this whole “you can’t fuck with me...uh uh....let’s take away 80 percent of your weapons and let’s box” is getting annoying. I mean at what point does it stop being funnny and become a bad look for mma to just keep having their fighters lose.

The thing is -the masses wouldnt be at all interested in a big hyped up fight between *coughs 'Boxer' and MMA if the MMA guy just went immediately for the takedown and everything was done on the ground. Non fight fans generally dont care for fights on the ground -at all. Think about even a school yard fight or bar brawl -people love it when the two people are squared off taking and receiving shots but once they get wrapped up or god forbid a Round long wall and stall with dirty boxing -everyone but die hard fight fans are turned off.

People expect the Pro MMA fighter to be striking proficient enough to stand with a Youtube level boxer. Fair? Maybe not but thats just the way it is

The sooner people stop expecting MMA fighters to be decent boxers the better.

Add a YouTube 'star' with a bit of boxing training and what you got is 2 amateurs ( one hopefully a little more athletic than the other). It's bollocks mate.

They (Paul and Woodley) both only have a right hand. But unlike Ben, Tyron is very explosive when he throws. So if he catches Paul with a right hand like Ben did in their first exchange, fight might end there. And obviously Tyron is a better boxer than Ben (who isn't), so if the fight goes longer, it might be actually an interesting, somewhat evenly matched competition (because it's purely a boxing match).

Yeah, i have a some faith in him to beat a youtuber that trains boxing...not that much tho.

He actually has really fast hands, faster than Jake Paul.

I have faith he would win.

TW looks shot as a competitor in general. Mainly mentally.

The thing is -the masses wouldnt be at all interested in a big hyped up fight between *coughs 'Boxer' and MMA if the MMA guy just went immediately for the takedown and everything was done on the ground. Non fight fans generally dont care for fights on the ground -at all. Think about even a school yard fight or bar brawl -people love it when the two people are squared off taking and receiving shots but once they get wrapped up or god forbid a Round long wall and stall with dirty boxing -everyone but die hard fight fans are turned off.

People expect the Pro MMA fighter to be striking proficient enough to stand with a Youtube level boxer. Fair? Maybe not but thats just the way it is

You could remove takedowns from the equation to make it a bit more fair and it’s still a massacre though in favor of the MMA guy. You remove clinch work as well to remove dirty boxing and it’s still...also a massacre lol.

I get what you are saying.....But it’s just getting so annoying to continue to see this happen. Props to Jake for finding a way to work the system because he’s outsmarted a large group of people by turning this into boxing vs mma and coming out on top.

Also...The MMA fighter most times is the better striker then the boxer lol. It’s just that the MMA fighter continues to get neutered badly in these competitions by excluding knees kicks elbows and so on.

I couldn't put a dime on Woodley to win a fight at the grocery store right now. Pretty sure he'd look and fare better than Ben though.

Boxing is so boring. Why do we care about these freakshow fights again?

Back