So on JRE, GSP said he was planning on challenging Rockhold until Bisping "ruined everything"

?

• Total voters
Yeah I’m calling bullshit. He already admitted during the press run that he picked Bisping because he knew he could beat him. He even went as far as to say he was giving him that work when they briefly trained together too (if I remember correctly).

GSP exaggerating his own willingness to fight someone....is normal.

b23238c8aa4d4edbb900b0e90f9986e5.jpg

GSP has little incentive to lie and tends to be very humble and honest in the way he talks about himself and other fighters...no good reason not to take him at his word.
He lies all the time what?? Lol do you not remember the drama after his first retirement when he teasing at fighting every champ between LW-MW after almost every PPV..

THEN he lied again when he came back and said he would defend the MW title if he beat Bisping. He’s always cherry picked and has always teased his own returns because he wants to make a boat load of cash (which is perfectly fine).

He ducked Anderson and Middleweight for years and all of the sudden he was down to fight someone even bigger and more well rounded? I don't buy it.

GSP even said he could be theoretically be killed or permanently injured in an Anderson fight because of the size difference.

He cherry picked Bisping plain and simple and it worked out for him.

https://ogjre.com/episode/jre-mma-show-107-with-georges-st-pierre

2:24:20

do you believe him or is GSP fibbing and selling wolf tickets? Said he wouldnt fight Weidman since they have similar team affiliations and have/did train together a decent amount. So he started looking at Luke after he won the title

I believe it ..i believe if GSP sets a challenge for himself he does it ..the guys incredibly driven..he fucking picked up garbage and lived in drug dens to afford training in his early career ..he was a garbage man to successful business man and fighter ..

I believe it

I don't believe it but then again it's an impossible claim to prove either way

It’s a known thing I’ve posted for a long time. He was being tested by USADA while Rockhold was champion.

Of course all of his haters will still refuse to believe it. Sad fucks
bisping beat rockhold on june 4, 2016. gsp's first tests under usada were in q3 2016. he wasn't tested by usada while rockhold was champ. that said, i don't know when he entered the pool.

Just like he was planning on fighting Silva until Dana ruined everything

And then Whittaker until "colitis" ruined everything

And then Khabib until Dana ruined everything

So basically, the only time it worked out was against Michael Bisping, who had just had knee surgery and was planning on retiring win or lose.

How unlucky, GSP wanted to fight all these killers but somehow, someone something got in his way to greatness

I believe GSP.

Dudes as honest as it gets.

Plus its totally plausible that he could out wrestle Luke.

Jacare in his grappling prime couldnt stay on top of Luke. Tim Kennedy who ragdolled and dominated Bisping on the mat couldnt do shit to him. Bisping won the 2nd round off his back slicing GSP with elbows and GSP not being able to work his top game yet he couldnt muster much with Tim on top of him. Luke has never gotten wrestled

theres 0 chance GSP is gonna hold Luke down or land meaningful offense or submit him. Hed be able to take him down but hes getting reversed, outscrambled or swept most of the time TBH. Lukes grappling is on another level from almost anyone in MMA

Back