Media Robert Whitaker is going to be prepared for Adesanya pull counters

Peli

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
ImperturbablePoliticalIrukandjijellyfish-size_restricted.gif

Going to eat?

I don't think eating is what Whittaker should do in the cage against Adesanya.

I don't think he should do that against any fighter, in fact.

You are discrediting Jan's skills and performance with this type of knee jerk reaction.
Not really. Jan was great but Whitaker didn't use much of his wrestling that bout.

Yeah gastelum is just to slow from all the fat he carries to do that to Israel, but whittaker seems a far better option rn to get the title back off Israel, and use a few tds to his advantage and keep it there for a bit, but he's probably also concerned of his gas tank after having Israel down for a bit, despite Jan looking tired after having ground position control he still landed another td on the feet.

Nope. Whittaker can't wrestle. This is purely striker vs striker, and Adesanya is slightly more skilled plus he is bigger / has longer reach. Terrible match-up.

You need an all around fighter who can both strike and wrestle. I say even Vettori has better chance than Whittaker.

Not really. Jan was great but Whitaker didn't use much of his wrestling that bout.
It was more to than just wrestling that won Jan the fight. Whittaker hardly wrestles anyone.

And Jan is a different type of striker than Whittaker.

Nope. Whittaker can't wrestle. This is purely striker vs striker, and Adesanya is slightly more skilled plus he is bigger / has longer reach. Terrible match-up.

You need an all around fighter who can both strike and wrestle. I say even Vettori has better chance than Whittaker.
thanks for bringing that up. reminds me to post his tweet lol

To me it seemed like Whittaker didn't really want a rematch with Izzy. Maybe last night's fight will change his mind.

I don't think eating is what Whittaker should do in the cage against Adesanya.

I don't think he should do that against any fighter, in fact.
How on earth did you get a yellow?

It was more to than just wrestling that won Jan the fight. Whittaker hardly wrestles anyone.

And Jan is a different type of striker than Whittaker.
Whitaker isn't a wrestler, but He's a better wrestler than Izzy and I think if he could mix it up, it gives him a better chance of winning the fight. I'm not sure he'll win but he'll be better prepared.

Listen, I can’t keep up with you xennials and your slang and your TikTok dances and TidePod eating and shit. I have adult responsibilities.
Fair enough lol

Whittaker actually can wrestle, he's competed in it and looked fine taking Till down, who's had pretty good TDD. He just doesn't use it. I think he should try to mix it up. Adesanya is too good on the feet. Both with counters and distance striking. It's a bad idea to keep continuing to strike with Izzy, also because he was stuck in half guard.

Listen, I can’t keep up with you xennials and your slang and your TikTok dances and TidePod eating and shit. I have adult responsibilities.
Ok boomer....sorry I could not help it.
Whitaker isn't a wrestler, but He's a better wrestler than Izzy and I think if he could mix it up, it gives him a better chance of winning the fight. I'm not sure he'll win but he'll be better prepared.
I'm not convinced of that. At least not that Whittaker's offense and distance control are stronger than Adesanya's defense and distance control. There is no strong evil of this as of yet. We will like find out though.

I look forward to the rematch.

There is ample evidence that Whittaker was not in a good head space. It happens. He climbed back up the ladder. If he beats Costa, that is.

Should be the underdog. But I can’t wait.

Back