Stipe just spoke again, translation needed

tenor.gif

“I know he’s going to come out swinging after talking about retirement. Ya know, it’s going to be a great fight. Listen, I go for broke everytime. I don’t sit back and pitter patter, I’m gonna go out there and fight, that’s what I do. I have been working on my weaknesses, such as he has. Ya know I know he’s been working on stuff too. So uh, it’s going to be a great fight, cause we’re going to have different game plans. ya know It’s going to be me though. But it’s going to be a great fight. Third time, it’s going to be a fun fight too. But I think the anticipation of this one especially, cause ya know you never know what’s going to happen. But ya know it’s something new with DC so it doesn’t really matter. That’s what I love about it. I’m going to go out there, do my job and win”.

He's got some slurred speech for sure...

“I know he’s going to come out swinging after talking about retirement. Ya know, it’s going to be a great fight. Listen, I go for broke everytime. I don’t sit back and pitter patter, I’m gonna go out there and fight, that’s what I do. I have been working on my weaknesses, such as he has. Ya know I know he’s been working on stuff too. So uh, it’s going to be a great fight, cause we’re going to have different game plans. ya know It’s going to be me though. But it’s going to be a great fight. Third time, it’s going to be a fun fight too. But I think the anticipation of this one especially, cause ya know you never know what’s going to happen. But ya know it’s something new with DC so it doesn’t really matter. That’s what I love about it. I’m going to go out there, do my job and win”.
Thanks, Sherbro. I'll take your word for it.

THanks. Where did you learn Stipe-English?

The mean streets of Cleveland suburbs

Thank God for native speakers!! But even as brilliant a translation as yours suffered a teensy bit from transcription fatigue at the end and omitted a few phrases. If you'll permit me?

"...But I think the anticipation of this one especially, cause ya know you never know what’s going to happen <especially in this sport, that's what I love about it.> But ya know it’s something new with DC <the third time>, it doesn’t really matter. I’m going <with the same mindset,> go out there, do my job and win”.

Thank God for native speakers!! But even as brilliant a translation as yours suffered a teensy bit from transcription fatigue at the end and omitted a few phrases. If you'll permit me?

"...But I think the anticipation of this one especially, cause ya know you never know what’s going to happen <especially in this sport, that's what I love about it.> But ya know it’s something new with DC <the third time>, it doesn’t really matter. I’m going <with the same mindset,> go out there, do my job and win”.
Thanks I didn’t have enough time to finish during break. With that said, I completely understand people’s difficulties Understanding Stipe, especially post fight. But I don’t think he’s as bad as some make him out to be. He just gets too excited and his sentences run together. Although people say I mumble a bit, so maybe I can understand better than most.

Back