What should Max Holloway do next?

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
the possible options...

- Pressure Dana for another title shot
- Keeping beating contenders and wait to get another title shot once someone beats Volkanovski
- Commit to a move to lightweight

He'll fight some top contenders and get another shot down the line if Volk is still champ. Max isn't gonna want to move to LW.

Remain in Featherweight and get 3 or 4 wins over the next 2 years, then challenge Volkanovski for the title again. He will be able to make some okay money and get relatively easy wins at Featherweight for the next two years, even if he loses to Volkanovski again when he gets his third title shot.

If he moves to Lightweight, he will not stand a chance against the top 6 fighters of the division (and this includes Khabib, who is a million times worse than Volkanovski), and he sure as hell won't make a good living barely winning against lower ranked Lightweight fighters (who are all still risky, by the way).

Lol I can't tell if you're just excited for that potential matchup or you have an urge to see Josh Emmett get messed up
I just think it's a sick ass match up. Emmett against Max or KZ. Kattar would be nice too. I think they all beat him, but they're sick fights.

I just think it's a sick ass match up. Emmett against Max or KZ. Kattar would be nice too. I think they all beat him, but they're sick fights.
Sounds like Emmett might be out for a while with the knee injuries and what not. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see him until 2021.

the possible options...

- Pressure Dana for another title shot
- Keeping beating contenders and wait to get another title shot once someone beats Volkanovski
- Commit to a move to lightweight
He should go to 155. Nothing left for him to do at 145 with Volk being champ

Back