The steroid era of UFC, was that the best time to be a fan?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.

Be honest. I don’t know if it’s revisionism but back then, fighters looked and performed like monsters. From Ubereem to TRT Vitor. Even dan hendo and Chael. Mma will never be that awesome again. I mean it’s still good, just not AS. There are no steroids in MMA. Only fighters Vitor has breathed on.
Steroids were still illegal then and many still got caught. Obviously Vitor 150000% abused his TRT exemption. No matter what USADA does,there will be still guys not getting caught or getting caught after using them 80% of the time,already. Things havent really changed all that much.

I wouldn't mind if artificially enhanced Fighters had their own League, the p e d League

Lol. Imagine think Ubereem performed better than DC or Stipe. Or that Vitor performed better than Israel or the Natty Legend Costa.

You mean PRIDE?
The ufc at the time probably had more percentage of their roster on roids the only difference is pride was open about it.

Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, vitor since the beginning, etc.

source.gif

The ufc at the time probably had more percentage of their roster on roids the only difference is pride was open about it.

Josh Barnett, Tim Sylvia, vitor since the beginning, etc.
Oh they definitely did, but PRIDE is meme worthy considering their contracts.

Looking back at old fights its insane how they looked, like half of them looked like Costa and no one thought twice.

Nah. There were still some boring fights here and there. People are thinking the roids = violent fights but the better way to get those types of fights is either to make it a mismatch or matchup fighters who will scrap. WallnStall and Lay'n'Pray existed back then too, and people gassed out as well.

Ignorance is bliss on this one.

Still love TRT Vitor.

Nah. There were still some boring fights here and there. People are thinking the roids = violent fights but the better way to get those types of fights is either to make it a mismatch or matchup fighters who will scrap. WallnStall and Lay'n'Pray existed back then too, and people gassed out as well.
It was the worst era for stalling fights to win. Fitch, shields, Sonnen, etc

Imagine having an advantage to train and train more hours.

You can be like Vitor and train headkicks and work on crazy timing.

Or be like Chael Sonnen and work a great blast double but arm it with annoying not very damaging punches. The guy had like a 17:1 ratio of testosterone and admits to cheating and i can't recall him finishing a fight with strikes

Also we got fighters like
Costa
Romero
DC
Stipe
Ngannou
Volkanovski
Aldo
McGregor (fuck him)
Gaethje
Poirier
Zabit
Usman
Moraes
Sandhagen
Lineker
Luque
Swanson
Jacare
KG
Izzy

All of these guys are spectacular to watch, have never failed a test and show high level skills

Don't let nostalgia ruin the present for you.

Also we got fighters like
Costa
Romero
DC
Stipe
Ngannou
Volkanovski
Aldo
McGregor (fuck him)
Gaethje
Poirier
Zabit
Usman
Moraes
Sandhagen
Lineker
Luque
Swanson
Jacare
KG
Izzy

All of these guys are spectacular to watch, have never failed a test and show high level skills

Don't let nostalgia ruin the present for you.

Romero has absolutely failed a ped test.

Lol. Imagine think Ubereem performed better than DC or Stipe. Or that Vitor performed better than Israel or the Natty Legend Costa.

Peak TRT Vitor would decimate Israel.

Hell, prime Weidman would decimate Israel.

The dude is horrifically overrated.

Romero has absolutely failed a ped test.
He's rich because the test he failed was actually proven to be tainted and he won the lawsuit.
Regardless none of the other guys have failed to my knowledge. Just showing evidence that the sport is full of amazing fighters right now

Back