Joe Rogan's New Rebuttal to Stephen A. Smith

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“Listen, Stephen A. Smith, I guess I should respond,” Rogan said (via MMA News). “You’re a very entertaining guy. Like you a lot and I appreciate the props you gave me in that video, but you’re wrong. Cowboy’got f*cked up with those shoulders in the clinch. He had Conor’s arms tied up and they’re in tight spaces. Conor dips low and slams this bone of his shoulder into the nose. And he’s at the beginning of the round, Conor’s a f*cking super explosive guy. Super explosive, all muscle. Just f*cking pulled tight at the beginning of the fight and just, ‘Bang! Bang!’ He got off good shots and Cowboy was confused.

“Stephen A. Smith said that he felt like Cowboy quit. He did not quit. He got smashed. It’s also who you’re talking about. You’re talking about a guy who has the most fights in the UFC, the most finishes in the UFC, the most head kick knockouts in the UFC, the most bonuses in the UFC. Cowboy is a f*cking legend. He is as tough as they come. He’s lost before, every human can lose. Especially you’re fighting guys like Darren Till and Jorge Masvidal and these f*cking animals that he’s fighting. Or Conor, and Conor literally broke his face. He broke his nose and he broke his orbital bone. So Stephen A. Smith responded and then Conor responded. Conor told him to apologize and Conor’s right.”

How about he got smashed because he'd mentally quit before the fight started!?

Cowboy absolutely quit, and it isn't the first time he's quit. Rogan is white knighting, and Stephen A is being a credible journalist.

TLDR joe is jizzing about how “explosive “ and “muscled” McGregor is

Hogan needs to guillotine Stephen A-Hole, and squeeze his extra loud, hot air blowing windpipe.

Turtling and waiting for the ref to stop the fight is called quitting.

It would be intellectually dishonest for a legitimate sports commentator to act like a 40-second blowout of a hand-picked opponent, was worth anything more than it is.

Rogan is a paid hype-man, Smith might not know jack-shit about MMA, but he knows enough that the people didn't get their money's worth with that PPV fight.

This was the exact scenario that UFC had set up, a quick easy KO for Conor to put him back in title contention, and Smith ruined it, by exposing the fight for what it was.

Joe is out there begging for SAS’s attention.

mirenme_mirenme.jpg

But what does Ja Rule has to say?

Why does everyone need to respond to a media opinion on this fight? The response by the mma community to what Smith said is weird.

on the edge of my seat for the response to the response to the response

I’m tired of people trying to get on their high horse and shame SAS as if they don’t know exactly what he’s trying to say. I bet you if Conor said that he thought that Cowboy folded mentally Rogan would be sucking his dick and talking about how great his mind games are.

I don't know where this 'Cowboy would never ever fold!' narrative is coming from. He has folded tons of times, quit mentally ala Nate Diaz fight, etc. Just because he's tough as hell doesn't mean he doesn't ever quit. Shit half the time he was probably fighting injured. Cowboy has always been a 'Fuck it I'll take that paycheck' kind of fighter.

“Listen, Stephen A. Smith, I guess I should respond,” Rogan said (via MMA News). “You’re a very entertaining guy. Like you a lot and I appreciate the props you gave me in that video, but you’re wrong. Cowboy’got f*cked up with those shoulders in the clinch. He had Conor’s arms tied up and they’re in tight spaces. Conor dips low and slams this bone of his shoulder into the nose. And he’s at the beginning of the round, Conor’s a f*cking super explosive guy. Super explosive, all muscle. Just f*cking pulled tight at the beginning of the fight and just, ‘Bang! Bang!’ He got off good shots and Cowboy was confused.

This part I can see as a good response. but this is absolutely irrelevant:

“Stephen A. Smith said that he felt like Cowboy quit. He did not quit. He got smashed. It’s also who you’re talking about. You’re talking about a guy who has the most fights in the UFC, the most finishes in the UFC, the most head kick knockouts in the UFC, the most bonuses in the UFC. Cowboy is a f*cking legend. He is as tough as they come. He’s lost before, every human can lose. Especially you’re fighting guys like Darren Till and Jorge Masvidal and these f*cking animals that he’s fighting. Or Conor, and Conor literally broke his face. He broke his nose and he broke his orbital bone. So Stephen A. Smith responded and then Conor responded. Conor told him to apologize and Conor’s right.”

...Because this ignores the fact that Cowboy is in a bad phase or in decline.
he was just completely schooled and beaten up in his two previous fights before Conor's.

Heck, so many people were claiming exactly that (that Cowboy doe not like when he's put on the main spot) and that Cowboy was "a gimme" fight for Conor, that Dana came out cursing at people for that... BEFORE THE FIGHT!!!
So don't come after the fight claiming how everyone should not think that Cowboy quits when he gets bullied because it happens. A LOT.

Yes, he is an amazing fighter. Yes, he won some all out wars.
But when the fighter is a bully and does not give him space, Cowboy ALWAYS loses.

CLaiming Cowboy was confused, I can see that.
But demanding Stephen to apologize for something that is common knowledge from Cowboy? Heck, Rogan should apologize to Stephen!!!

Rogan is a paid hype-man, Smith might not know jack-shit about MMA, but he knows enough that the people didn't get their money's worth with that PPV fight.

What the fuck are you talking about? If you want guaranteed outcomes on your PPV, you watch the WWE, not a sport where people can land the right punch and end the fight in 40 seconds. That is literally what you pay for when you buy a UFC PPV.

he was beaten and didnt fought, both are right

People in Mma are way too sensitive to any criticism

What the fuck are you talking about? If you want guaranteed outcomes on your PPV, you watch the WWE, not a sport where people can land the right punch and end the fight in 40 seconds. That is literally what you pay for when you buy a UFC PPV.

Sure, in the case of McGregor-Aldo for example. But in the case of McGregor-Cerrone, everybody with half a brain predicted Cowboy to be blown out in the first few minutes. And Cerrone, on his part, did absolutely nothing to prevent that from happening. His whole gameplan should've been to survive the initial onslaught, instead he just walked right into it, face-first.

The UFC gave McGregor a gimme-fight, and you're asking Smith to act like it's a big deal? He has seen a thousand sports events, and he knows enough to know that nothing impressive happened in there. Even if he is not a MMA expert.

What happened is what was supposed to happen, and that's about it. Rogan is a UFC life-long hype man who will sell you the idea that it was a huge feat for McGregor, Smith has actual journalistic credibility on the line.

Back