The real reason UFC is never going to be as popular as other big sports organisations

AlanGregson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
They will never have enough star power simply because fighters fight 2-3 times a year max, basketball wouldn't be popular if the biggest stars played 2-3 times a year, imagine LeBron playing only twice a year... its not the fighters fault really, it's the way the sport works, people get injured and for some reason need a 12 week training camp, wtf are you doing for the rest of the year? isn't this mma thing you're job.

giphy.gif

Boxers only fight 2 or 3 times a year max but that's a big sport that has done amazingly well.

Sure, it's been around longer and had more time to grow but it has and their fighters also only fight 2 or 3 times a year.

The average, well-adjusted person just can't stomach the violence of MMA.

Maybe some women can't stomach the violence, but you're telling me that a man looks at mma and its just too violent for him... give me a break

It's 2019, department store layouts are enough to upset "men" anymore

Maybe some women can't stomach the violence, but you're telling me that a man looks at mma and its just too violent for him... give me a break
You go out much? People are appalled by some video games. You think they find human cock fighting easier to swallow?

Times do change, though. The UFC would have been unacceptable in the 1950s. Boxing was nearly dead in the USA back then. People are more blood thirsty today, and may even be more so in the future. For example, we were upset by the killing of women and children in Vietnam, we don't care about them in Iraq. Values change.

We're fans of a niche bloodsport. It's human cockfighting.

<{JustBleed}>

The fanbase is retarted, bunch of online alphas, real life cucks, sherdog was an eye opener for me on this topic.
It can't become mainstream with such a backward audience.

Lebron will play as many times as his Chinese masters tell him to!

The average, well-adjusted person just can't stomach the violence of MMA.
I believe it's an extension of this. The biggest sports are the sports people play as children.

No significant portion of the population is ever going to start their kids in MMA on account of the violence.

i
We're fans of a niche bloodsport. It's human cockfighting.

<{JustBleed}>
I don’t view the sport that way, but you are right that many do. Hell even some so called fans here are more interested in the spectacle than the actual sport. TS has a good point as well IMO.

They will never have enough star power simply because fighters fight 2-3 times a year max, basketball wouldn't be popular if the biggest stars played 2-3 times a year, imagine LeBron playing only twice a year... its not the fighters fault really, it's the way the sport works, people get injured and for some reason need a 12 week training camp, wtf are you doing for the rest of the year? isn't this mma thing you're job.

Don't need stars they just need good fighters, basketball plays seasons mma through winter, spring, summer, fall.

MMA is in all the corners of the globe!! All it needs is bigger/better sponsors and ufc needs to get rid of Dana white. The Reebok deal really hurt fighters from getting their names out there. My opinion is that pushing mcgregor down our throats set mma back as a whole. There are a bunch of little things that hurt mma in my view of it. But I’m just one person. BUT MMA IS WORLD WIDE!!!!

MMA will never be that popular because ground fighting looks like ridiculous dry humping when you don't understand it.

Guess you have never heard of boxing...

MMA is in all the corners of the globe!! All it needs is bigger/better sponsors and ufc needs to get rid of Dana white. The Reebok deal really hurt fighters from getting their names out there. My opinion is that pushing mcgregor down our throats set mma back as a whole. There are a bunch of little things that hurt mma in my view of it. But I’m just one person. BUT MMA IS WORLD WIDE!!!!

This is a good start. I don't think Reebok and Boost Mobile aren't going to catapult them to the top.

Back