4 reasons why I think Woodley doesn't have much credibility as a champion

Conor ducked Edgar
Bisping ducked Jacare

Both are praised though

Bipsing and Conor both took a shit ton of flak for their career routes of late.

edit: I think Bisping ducking Jacare to fight Hendo is pretty similar. And I hate Bisping vs Henderson 2.

I definitely think Woodley is one of the more beatable champs right now but he won the belt fair and square.

Lets be real here: he'd catching a beat down from Wonderboy. I understand why he's scared... and make no mistake, he's scared.

Sighhhh

hater threads are soooo boring. Just let the guy enjoy his win. Go outside, pet a kitten, chase a rainbow, do something else.

Ye fuck caring about mma eyoo

And yeah I agree with OP. However, its not only about UFC handing out title shot randomly, its also that champions just havent been that dominant since the end of the last era. Back then divisions felt more structured, you knew who was number 1, the top 5 was pretty clearly defined and barring injuries the next contender was pretty easy to decide. Right now the top 10 of several divisions are complete clusterfucks of fighters who all have wins against each other and generally look inconsistant. Woodley isnt a convincing champion and shouldnt even be ranked as number 1 in WW, but its not like Lawler was a very convincing champion either, although he managed to squeeze out a few defenses.

Its just a pretty chaotic time for WW, MW and HW while LHW consists of well-known faces that been around a long time all would all lose to Jones and, fuck it, even a prime Anderson.

HW is probably the worst division of all since its full of old dogs who looked better years ago.

I feel he is a better rep as a champ than lawler was. Lawler was a journeyman with a great chin and heart and great power. Then you check his resume and he's been beaten 11 times with a few iffy decision wins (Condit, Hendricks 2) as well. Woodley only has 3 losses and can build a better aura around him. A guy with double digit losses like Robbie was bound to get back to his basically win 2 lose 1 ratio and we don't need those types as champs of a sport.

Woodley is also kind of a journeyman with terrible losses.

Bipsing and Conor both took a shit ton of flak for their career routes of late.

edit: I think Bisping ducking Jacare to fight Hendo is pretty similar. And I hate Bisping vs Henderson 2.

No they didn't. People are hyped about both of their farce matchups.

I don't want Woodley fighting GSP or Diaz either but I'm not a shitkicking hypocrite like the TS or rest of the Shertards here.

4 reasons why I think Woodley doesn't have much credibility as a champion

Wall of text Wall of text Wall of text Wall of text

1 reason that he does:

He beat the champ

...And the winner is...Hans Gruber by 1st round KO

True. Diaz and especially GSP have huge names compared to Wonderboy. And if GSP wants to fight, then everyone else needs to get real damn patient real damn fast. But Diaz has no business fighting for the WW belt. If the UFC will set up a money fight involving Diaz, it will almsot certainly be against Lawler.

In the meantime, I understand where Tyron is coming from, and he's not the only guy busy trying to chase the money fights. But it still looked very bad in the press conference when he dismissed a guy who almost certainly would be favored to beat him.

I agree with you in all of that.l put Nick at the top because I'm biased and he's one of my all time favorites to watch. not because he deserves it.

Sad days ahead for WW. I hope they sign him for Wonderboy. My guess a string of injuries for the champ stretch it out as far As he can, before any competition

No they didn't. People are hyped about both of their farce matchups.

I don't want Woodley fighting GSP or Diaz either but I'm not a shitkicking hypocrite like the TS or rest of the Shertards here.

You really only see one side of things, don't you? Yes, some fans like both match ups. And yes, as many more think they are crap. Hypocrisy has nothing to do with it.

The argument over whether someone deserved their shot is ended in my eyes when they drop the champ in the first

If Woodley had lost badly then yeah you say he didn't deserve to be in there with the champ

But when he kos the champ you say fair do's

I think the Woodley from 4 years ago isn't the Woodley we are seeing today. It's clear the guy as a high athletic ceiling and is just hitting his prime. His skills are at an all time high and his body hasn't begun deteriorating yet. You bring up his loses from 4 years ago but fail to mention his biggest win before Lawler in Carlos Condit. Unlike Bisbing - Woodley has been beating top10-top5 guys in the UFC consistently before his title (and only had 2 losses in his UFC career).

So am I.

You done fucked up.
No, i can tell when someone is pandering to the white man, quite easily.

Trust me, i do it at work all the time, it's quite easy to work over whitey, and you done did a good enuf job.

No, i can tell when someone is pandering to the white man, quite easily.

Trust me, i do it at work all the time, it's quite easy to work over whitey, and you done did a good enuf job.

You pander to the white man at work all the time?

Cool.

Back