4 reasons why I think Woodley doesn't have much credibility as a champion

No...it's definitely true here, you little bitch.

Just like black soccer players get hated on in soccer, so do black fighters in mma. Not saying it happens in every sport or everywhere, but it definitely happens here.

And it's not just Woodley.
Ah, the myth of black persecution. Biggest American social swindle of the 21st century. Zero evidence, all "feelings," 100% bullshit.

UFC matchmaking has been horrendous in recent years.

It all started around Bork/Handy possibly earlier.

Theyve done a great job delegitimizing their belts over the years. Hardly feels like most of their champs are even the best at their weight which is what that title supposedly signifies.

Ah, the myth of black persecution. Biggest American social swindle of the 21st century. Zero evidence, all "feelings," 100% bullshit.

No one is talking about black persecution here. We're talking about racist mma fans (and to make a point about it not being farfetched, I brought up soccer).

For the record, I don't believe black people are persecuted against in the us (for the most part) and I recognize our own privilege. But, I still see the racism from mma fans. I mean it makes sense seeing how it's main demographic is white people...doesn't make it less annoying though.

Anyways, like other black fighters you guys incessantly whine about, does Woodley not scream loud enough for you like the other white guys when running around the cage after a win? Does he scream too loud? Does he walk too cocky for you? Is he too fake or not fake enough? Does he speak his mind too much (like the Diaz bros)?

Those were are all rhetorical questions btw so you can spare me your other hypocritical bullshit comments.

No one is talking about black persecution here. We're talking about racist mma fans (and to make a point about it not being farfetched, I brought up soccer).

For the record, I don't believe black people are persecuted against in the us (for the most part) and I recognize our own privilege. But, I still see the racism from mma fans. I mean it makes sense seeing how it's main demographic is white people...doesn't make it less annoying though.

Anyways, like other black fighters you guys incessantly whine about, does Woodley not scream loud enough for you like the other white guys when running around the cage after a win? Does he scream too loud? Does he walk too cocky for you? Is he too fake or not fake enough? Does he speak his mind too much (like the Diaz bros)?

Those were are all rhetorical questions btw so you can spare me your other hypocritical bullshit comments.
Of course your questions are rhetorical, because you don't want answers. You're a victimized idiot. Numerous big stars past and present in MMA are black, including guys like Monster and Rampage who were pioneers of black MMA. Jones is the best p4p fighter on the planet and he can't get out of his own way. It's bullshit. Black American sports fans are the most racist of them all. They constantly crow about race, and are the only ones to riot at American fights (see Bowe/Golota and Maskaev/Rahman). Then when their favorites fuck up, they blame racist white fans, racist white executives, and "hidden racism." Sack up, titty baby.

1.He didn't earn his title shot. The UFC are cultivating an era of low-profile mediocre-ability champions by handing out title shots to anyone with a podcast or some Twitter followers.

In order to get his shot against GSP, Johny Hendricks had to go 6-0, including wins over Condit, Fitch, Kampmann and Koscheck.

If the UFC was still running its affairs properly, this is what earning a title shot looks like. Beating a host of fellow contenders in and around the top 15, with some of them proven top 5 guys, and some of them via KO or at least very emphatic/dominant victories.

Tyron Woodley got a title on a 2-0 run, 2 wins in over 2 years, with zero wins against fighters in the division's top 5. He knocked out K1 Kim, a wreckless and mediocre striker who should have stayed a boring wrestler, and won a close, unconvincing, tepid decision vs an overweight, demotivated version of Kelvin Gastelum, who was later sent packing from the division's upper echelons by Neil Magny, himself a borderline top 10 guy.

Why was Woodley given a title shot on a 2-0 run over 2 years (0 fights vs top 5 comp) when in the same division are Stephen Thompson is on a 7-0 run (2 wins vs top 5 comp), and Demian Maia is on a 5-0 run?

Is it because 'T-Wood' is part of the media crew on Fox? Because he's friends with some people at Zuffa? Because he has a podcast?

That title shot had no credibility. This nepotism is in a way even worse than giving a TUF winner a crack at the belt.

2.It's always a bad situation when you have a champion who has already been definitively proven to be inferior to another fighter in the division.

When GSP or Anderson Silva or Jon Jones or Jose Aldo or Demetrious Johnson sit on top of their division, there is no fighter lingering within the weight class who has shown to be better than them. That's a real champion.

Tyron Woodley was absolutely dominated by Rory MacDonald. He wasn't even competitive. Rory won every minute of every round, and basically had Tyron surrendering, just trying to run the clock down and not get badly beat up before the bell went.

Woodley wears the gold right now, but you can't take him seriously as a champion when a guy who beat him so easily is still active. Rory could re-sign with the UFC any day now. If that happens, it makes T-Wood look like even more of a paper champion, as there was nothing whatsoever in that fight to suggest a rematch would be any different. MacDonald is unquestionably the better fighter - something that could not be said if they'd given the shot to a guy who'd actually earned it (Thompson).

3.Woodley's post-fight presser behaviour. How obvious is it that the man himself doesn't believe in his ability to have a title reign, when he publicly rejects a match-up with an undisputed number 1 contender on a 7-0 tear (including wins over his own conqueror MacDonald and a KO of a former champ Hendricks), in favour of a fight with Nick Diaz, a guy...

...who hasn't fought in 18 months

...hasn't fought in this division for almost three-and-a-half years

...and hasn't won a frickin' fight in almost five years!!

How can anyone take that seriously as a champion????

4.Woodley is clearly not the best fighter in his weight class. Plain and simple. Just like Bisping at middleweight.

Woodley has been knocked out horribly by Nate Marquardt, outstruck and defeated by Jake fucking Baby Legkick Shields, dominated and mastered by Rory MacDonald (now on a 0-2 skid himself), and barely sneaked by a terrible version of Kelvin Gastelum on a split decision.

He was in the right place at the right time with the right punch to end Lawler's reign of two-way destruction, but considering his UFC form to date, the chances of him having any sort of a reign are so low. This has "short term champ" written all over it. The guy has no cardio and rudimentary striking.

Stephen Thompson will slice this guy to ribbons, just like he did to Hendricks, and send Woodley back to the lower reaches of the top 10 where he belongs. Just like Rockhold or Weidman or Jacare will do to Bisping once he has been allowed to feast on the ghostly remains of the once-great Dan Hendo.

Poor, poor champions here. UFC making shit decisions all over the shop.

This should be the main article on Sherdog.com.

Woodley is one of the nicest guys in the sport.

He's champion now, and he'll get ppv points for his next fight.

No amount of bitch-crying on the net will change that.

Of course your questions are rhetorical, because you don't want answers. You're a victimized idiot. Numerous big stars past and present in MMA are black, including guys like Monster and Rampage who were pioneers of black MMA. Jones is the best p4p fighter on the planet and he can't get out of his own way. It's bullshit. Black American sports fans are the most racist of them all. They constantly crow about race, and are the only ones to riot at American fights (see Bowe/Golota and Maskaev/Rahman). Then when their favorites fuck up, they blame racist white fans, racist white executives, and "hidden racism." Sack up, titty baby.

Keep projecting, pussy. All of those black mma fighters you mentioned get hated on for the dumbest reasons by stupid little fuckers like you. Jones got hated on here long before any of the crap he did became public knowledge. What was it for again? Being "fake?" (another rhetorical question...but keep thinking whatever your dumbass keeps thinking).

And lol at black people being the most racist sports fans. You can't be serious can you? I already mentioned soccer...but you must be young. Young and dumb. Not to mention, go to any comment section online where you have a black guy vs a white guy....and yeah.

I don't blame white people for anything (even those who are racist), but it is so interesting to see the double standards imposed on black fighters. Let me just give a quick example. People here seem to hate Woodley because he whines too much right? Why the fuck then is the general consensus around here is that Nick Diaz is the 'man?' If Woodley is a whiner, than Nick is the king of whiners. But, you bet your ass that he gets far more respect than Woodley from most MMA fans, even though both have had boring and entertaining fights. Even Bisping who is "ducking" other fighters is getting more respect now since he got the belt...even though he is ducking other fighters in his division. People have already pointed this out to you. But keep ignoring it.

Anyways, you seem to have a lot of hatred in you towards black people. You should get help.

Keep projecting, pussy. All of those black mma fighters you mentioned get hated on for the dumbest reasons by stupid little fuckers like you. Jones got hated on here long before any of the crap he did became public knowledge. What was it for again? Being "fake?" (another rhetorical question...but keep thinking whatever your dumbass keeps thinking).

And lol at black people being the most racist sports fans. You can't be serious can you? I already mentioned soccer...but you must be young. Young and dumb. Not to mention, go to any comment section online where you have a black guy vs a white guy....and yeah.

I don't blame white people for anything (even those who are racist), but it is so interesting to see the double standards imposed on black fighters. Let me just give a quick example. People here seem to hate Woodley because he whines too much right? Why the fuck then is the general consensus around here is that Nick Diaz is the 'man?' If Woodley is a whiner, than Nick is the king of whiners. But, you bet your ass that he gets far more respect than Woodley from most MMA fans, even though both have had boring and entertaining fights. Even Bisping who is "ducking" other fighters is getting more respect now since he got the belt...even though he is ducking other fighters in his division. People have already pointed this out to you. But keep ignoring it.

Anyways, you seem to have a lot of hatred in you towards black people. You should get help.
I have no hatred for black people. I simply offer honest observations that you dislike. You're the one projecting racial hate onto everyone. You are a victimization fetishist, one who apparently is only in possession of the capability to see one side. Just don't expect to spout nonsense and not get called on it.

Note that very, very few of the negative comments I've had on here so far are actually engaging with my points one-by-one, and trying to refute them.

It's all "WHY YOU HATIN ON T-WOOD, HE KTFO THE CHAMP, YOU SHIT MAN".

Yeah, very good. But there were 4 points made, and there are 57 likes and counting. Clearly there is some value to my points, otherwise someone would have refuted them and the thread would have sunk without trace.

I think the "WHY YOU HATIN ON T-WOOD" knuckledragger patrol are missing the point anyway. If you actually read the OP, my gripe is more with the situation the UFC's title shot policy has left us with, as opposed to anything Woodley has done.

Although the ducking of Thompson to chase Diaz is obviously a terrible look. It just is. Can't really be defended by any sensible MMA fan.

Back