Yair Rodriguez now #7 on rankings but still behind KZ

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

How does any of this makes sense.

YR moves up without even fighting, because KZ beat moicano who was number 5, but doesnt move up enough to be ahead of KZ who he beat last

<JagsKiddingMe>

Well done

He doesnt fight
also lmao at rankings making sense

It’s rankings they will never be perfect

Makes sense to me. KZ getting closer to the top obviously increases Yair's stock as well. But since KZ is more actively beating top guys, he gets to be ranked above Yair.

Did you really thought that Yair gets to be ranked above KZ forever just because he beat him?

Makes sense to me. KZ getting closer to the top obviously increases Yair's stock as well. But since KZ is more actively beating top guys, he gets to be ranked above Yair.

Did you really thought that Yair gets to be ranked above KZ forever just because he beat him?
More active? His last fight he lost to Yair.

He fought once, since then... this weekend.

It’s the same reason why McGregor is above Gaethje, Conor beat Alvarez than Alvarez beat Gaethje. when a guy you beat beats someone else you look better by association.

Rankings in general should be purged.

Well yeah he is factually more active than Yair. How many time Yair has fought since then?

Plus KZ beat 2 ranked guys in last 3 years. Yair only beat KZ. Hence why KZ is ranked above Yair

i mean to be fair i think KZ proved he was the better fighter, he was about to win that decision until the hail mary elbow.

KZ also bounced back and just beat a top 10 guy, and yair hasn't fought since.

Moving from #11 to #7 without fighting is pretty ridiculous. Obviously its a flawed system and will never be perfect, but this is a fairly egregious example.

Rankings are a technicality. KZ having one more fight since their encounter is not exactly splitting hairs
When whats in question is compating both men inactivity, it is. Its only 1 fight and if Yair fights tomorrow it becomes a 3 day difference. Totally negligible.

At this time, its a stretch to say KZ has been more active as a defining point to justify all that

Why do people still complain about rankings?

{<huh}

They have never made sense and never will.

When whats in question is compating both men inactivity, it is. Its only 1 fight and if Yair fights tomorrow it becomes a 3 day difference. Totally negligible.

As I said, rankings are also a technicality.

Panel voters can't just say "Aww fuck it lets just not split hairs"

First, rankings never made sense.

Second, Yair is ducking Zabit big time. Has no credibility.

How does any of this makes sense.

YR moves up without even fighting, because KZ beat moicano who was number 5, but doesnt move up enough to be ahead of KZ who he beat last

<JagsKiddingMe>

Well done

How do you get these rankings notifications? The UFC app nor UFC.com is updated. Any insight? Thanks in advance.

Yes and Yair still doesn't seem to have a date or opponent for next fight, wouldn't be surprised if KZ fought again before him as he took 0 damage in his last.

I hope they have a rematch. KZ was literally one second away from winning a decision lol.

I don't understand.

Why do you care so much?

If Yair wants to be higher ranked maybe he should fight somebody.

Nothing is ridicolous in comparison to Wonderboy being ranked 7th while Anthony Pettis is ranked 8th.

That's the level of intellect we're dealing with here. People who think that you should be ranked higher than someone even after getting KO'd by them. The UFC picks these guys to do their rankings because they're pushovers, not because of their MMA knowlage.

Back