Yair Rodriguez now #7 on rankings but still behind KZ

Rankings don't matter

Nothing is ridicolous in comparison to Wonderboy being ranked 7th while Anthony Pettis is ranked 8th.

That's the level of intellect we're dealing with here. People who think that you should be ranked higher than someone even after getting KO'd by them. The UFC picks these guys to do their rankings because they're pushovers, not because of their MMA knowlage.

you actually have no idea how rankings work

If I Can beat you, but lose to every other person in the top 10, but you beat half of the top 10, who should be ranked higher?

to high for a dude who fight once a decade.

Also, he ducked Zabit.

I hope they have a rematch. KZ was literally one second away from winning a decision lol.
I'm trying to figure out who he should fight next, and the rematch seems to make some sense. Frankie/Max are booked. Ortega/Zabit possibly might happen, just hearing rumors right now. Volkan is next for TS, i think. So depends how long Zombie wants to wait.

How does any of this makes sense.

YR moves up without even fighting, because KZ beat moicano who was number 5, but doesnt move up enough to be ahead of KZ who he beat last

<JagsKiddingMe>

Well done

It doesn't make sense but KZ has a far better resume than Yair and deserves to be ahead of him.

Yair really needs to fight more consistently.

Makes sense to me. Zombie is more active, beats top ranked contenders and he was beating Yair until that lucky elbow landed with 1 second remaining after Yair lured him in with his annoying "let's high five" stuff in the last round.

I'm trying to figure out who he should fight next, and the rematch seems to make some sense. Frankie/Max are booked. Ortega/Zabit possibly might happen, just hearing rumors right now. Volkan is next for TS, i think. So depends how long Zombie wants to wait.
I agree, the first fight was amazing and the rematch would definitely put either of them into the title conversation. I hope the UFC makes it happen!

Makes sense to me. KZ getting closer to the top obviously increases Yair's stock as well. But since KZ is more actively beating top guys, he gets to be ranked above Yair.

Did you really thought that Yair gets to be ranked above KZ forever just because he beat him?

"forever"

1 fight ago dude, 1 fucking fight ago.

Nothing is ridicolous in comparison to Wonderboy being ranked 7th while Anthony Pettis is ranked 8th.

That's the level of intellect we're dealing with here. People who think that you should be ranked higher than someone even after getting KO'd by them. The UFC picks these guys to do their rankings because they're pushovers, not because of their MMA knowlage.

lol

even worse is the level of intellect where you think your first fight at 170 lbs, which resulted in a win, automatically makes your career at 170 lbs better than a guy who has wins over multiple top conteders/former champs etc (mind you, i understand that Rory, Hendricks etc are no longer in the UFC).

Pettis is where he should be, he should be happy he's even in the top 10 after 1 fight when he beat a guy who the UFC has ranked in the bottom half of the top 10.

Rankings are shit but do you really think pettis is a better fighter than wb? Moreso at ww?? The better fighter doesn't always win, same happened with kz vs yair. I have no problem with both of these guys being ahead of the guys who beat them.

First, rankings never made sense.

Second, Yair is ducking Zabit big time. Has no credibility.
That was no doubt an epic duck-job that Yair did with Zabit. Kid gets threatened to be cut from the UFC over it lmfao

Because Yair is still sidelined out of fear they'll try and make the Zabit fight again

Rankings are shit but do you really think pettis is a better fighter than wb? Moreso at ww?? The better fighter doesn't always win, same happened with kz vs yair. I have no problem with both of these guys being ahead of the guys who beat them.

Rankings are based on wins and losses. Not if someone is better, which is entierly speculative in its nature

Rankings are based on wins and losses. Not if someone is better, which is entierly speculative in its nature
I get your point. In that case wb should be behind pettis but kz being ahead of yair right now is ok. Moicano was ranked much higher so that win catapulted kz, surpassing yair.

I mean if you saw the fight KZ was the better fighter and won the majority of the rounds and exchanges... Yair landed a once in a lifetime last second walk off KO no look elbow. It was a great strike, great finish and great fight but can you really complain that people still think KZ is the better fighter of the two?

It's about your achievements overall, not in one particular fight.

Actually that is wrong.
They are based on who the media "feels" is better. It's in the criteria.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship rankings, which were introduced in February 2013, are generated by a voting panel made up of media members. The media members are asked to vote for who they feel are the top fighters in the UFCby weight class and pound-for-pound. A fighter is only eligible to be voted on if they are in active status in the UFC. A fighter can appear in more than one weight division at a time. The champion and interim champion are considered to be in the top positions of their respective divisions and therefore are not eligible for voting by weight class. However, the champions can be voted on for the pound-for-pound rankings.[1]

Back