Shame we never saw Jones vs Overeem

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score
Would be a fun fight if Jon moved to HW
Just sayin

Overeem would have and still would likely wreck him at any point

One or two leg kicks from Reem would literally cripple Jon's skinny legs and Jon isnt going to be able to bully UBEREEM up to the cage to wear him down

Overeem gets knocked out in something like 30-40% of his UFC fights. If you are a UFC heavyweight, you have at least a 1/3rd chance of knocking out Overeem by nature of being booked to fight him.

I suppose its fun in the "why not" sense but it isn't really something that should be booked.

Its a shame Jones has never had the balls to fight at HW, I guess all those roids shrank em.

From what I heard they sparred at JW years ago and supposedly that's the reason Jones decided HW was not for him

They are buddies.

Overeem actually injured Jon Jones in sparring when they trained at Winkeljon. And he felt awful. Jones had to cancel his fight he got so messed up. I think it was the reason the first DC fight was pushed back. Apparently they were just warming up to and Reem fell on his knee and injured it.

"And I felt terrible man, because I was looking forward to that fight. Of course obviously [Jones]’s had a great career, he’s a great athlete, but I also like him as a friend. So, you never want to do that to your buddies that are your teammates, because you feel terrible." - Overeem

From mma fighting article back in the day. https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/...em-on-injuring-jon-jones-in-sparring-mma-news

Plus no one in their right mind would actually want to fight Overeem. There is a reason virtually no one calls him out. You may win, But chances are hes gonna hurt you bad. Dude is a monster. Jon is not that stupid.

Its a shame Jones has never had the balls to fight at HW, I guess all those roids shrank em.

yeah its too bad everyone who fights in whatever division they are in now are too pussy to fight in the weight division above em since they all cut weight. Bunch of fuckin pussies.

It's an even bigger shame idiots like you don't seem to realize nobody is under any sort of obligation to move up, especially when his goal has always been to be the best LHW champ ever.

But sure. Whatever you say bRO

I 100% agree about matchups......I wouldn't say he didn't have balls to fight....it's his right to stay at LHW if he can make the weight.

But so many good matches at HW. Nothing against some of the guys he fought.....but MW Vitor? MW Chael? OSP, Smith, Santos. Great fighters but not as fun and intriguing as Reem, JDS, Stipe, Ngannou, etc.

I feel like we are missing out and missed out on so many potentially awesome matches. And Jones could easily add 20 pounds of muscle and be stronger and probably as fast at HW. He could have done more to solidify his legacy by fighting at HW vs staying and LHW.

Reem has like 20 pounds of muscle on jones

yeah its too bad everyone who fights in whatever division they are in now are too pussy to fight in the weight division above em since they all cut weight. Bunch of fuckin pussies.

It's an even bigger shame idiots like you don't seem to realize nobody is under any sort of obligation to move up, especially when his goal has always been to be the best LHW champ ever.

But sure. Whatever you say bRO
Exac
I 100% agree about matchups......I wouldn't say he didn't have balls to fight....it's his right to stay at LHW if he can make the weight.

But so many good matches at HW. Nothing against some of the guys he fought.....but MW Vitor? MW Chael? OSP, Smith, Santos. Great fighters but not as fun and intriguing as Reem, JDS, Stipe, Ngannou, etc.

I feel like we are missing out and missed out on so many potentially awesome matches. And Jones could easily add 20 pounds of muscle and be stronger and probably as fast at HW. He could have done more to solidify his legacy by fighting at HW vs staying and LHW.
jones would have to gain like 20 pounds of muscle to be the same size and reem and jds let alone ngaunno he would have to ask reem for his stack he used to go from lhw to hw

Overeem would have and still would likely wreck him at any point

One or two leg kicks from Reem would literally cripple Jon's skinny legs and Jon isnt going to be able to bully UBEREEM up to the cage to wear him down
Thats what Shogun was going to do!!
I remember that!!!

Exac
jones would have to gain like 20 pounds of muscle to be the same size and reem and jds let alone ngaunno he would have to ask reem for his stack he used to go from lhw to hw

But the thing is it is possible for him. Or he could be a lightish HW. How big do you think Fedor, Nog, CroCop, Cain, JDS, etc. are/were? They have proven you don't need to be 260 pounds to fight at HW.

I would guess he's 225ish in the cage, Some great HW fought at 240ish no problem. That would just be him doing what he does now but not watching his diet.

Anyway, I dont blame him I just wish he would move up. Like I didn't blame GSP for not moving up but I would have love to see him vs AS.

But the thing is it is possible for him. Or he could be a lightish HW. How big do you think Fedor, Nog, CroCop, Cain, JDS, etc. are/were? They have proven you don't need to be 260 pounds to fight at HW.

I would guess he's 225ish in the cage, Some great HW fought at 240ish no problem. That would just be him doing what he does now but not watching his diet.

Anyway, I dont blame him I just wish he would move up. Like I didn't blame GSP for not moving up but I would have love to see him vs AS.

Fedor was 230-240 lbs during his peak, Cain was 240 lbs.

Those are not "small" hw's.

Back