Shame we never saw Jones vs Overeem

Would be a fun fight if Jon moved to HW
Just sayin

Not a shame at all. What's fun about guys who can only fight at a highish level for one round?

205 is stacked with bigger better athlethes who have a better chance of pulling the upset than Overeem. Ngannou and Stipe having a shot at Jones is ridiculous enough but at least size wise you can see how people could think it especially before DC came along. Overeem though was already obsolete in 2005 and has only survived at HW by putting on weight, gaining power and beating the crap out of a pitifully weak division of people who are older and less skilled than him.

Would be a fun fight if Jon moved to HW
Just sayin

Jones* is a coward. The fight we missed was Jones* vs Rumble you fucking guppy.

tenor.gif

Guys like the Reem are the reason Bones is extremly hesitant to move up.
I said it before and say it again: In a fight even at this point of Overreems career, id bet my money in him.

I believe even if Jones puts on some weight, he wont be ably to push most of these HWs to the fence where hes best.
Also the chance of him getting Ko'ed in one shot.

Fedor at 240 lbs peak days during Pride was not a small HW. Maybe he was SHORT, but that doesn't mean small (or maybe you think it does in which case you are wrong)

and why does Jones need to fight at HW? He's said on numerous occasions he wants to be LHW champ and most dominant one etc, what on earth makes you guys think he HAS to move up?

Is Liddell a pussy because he never moved up to HW?

Is Rampage a pussy because he fought at LHW, then HW, then back at LHW? (and now back to HW?)

you guys literally bash Jon because he wins or he's beat your favorite fighters. It's kind of lame honestly.

Fedor was a fat 235lbs though even in Pride, you can probably knock 10-15lbs off of that without him even being ultra cut.

Really I think the issue with Jones is that he's in the GOAT running where as Rampage was an elite HW but never had that kind of status. People weren't calling for him to move up because he had fish to fry at LHW despite being at the larger end of the division.

As Jones has put on more muscle as well for me he's clearly now a bigger man than Fedor ever was.

Having power in your hands is generally needed to do it though.

Not really.

Travis Browne spammed the same slow front kick at him on repeat, and that got him out of there.

Blaydes is a wrestler without much stopping power in his hands, or striking prowess in general. He got him in a bad position and elbowed him to a TKO. I feel overwhelmingly confident Jones has more devastating elbows and overall a better top game then Curtis.

Stipe can hit hard but that isn't what went down in their fight, he pretty casually TKO'd Overeem with ground and pound.

Fedor was a fat 235lbs though even in Pride, you can probably knock 10-15lbs off of that without him even being ultra cut.

Really I think the issue with Jones is that he's in the GOAT running where as Rampage was an elite HW but never had that kind of status. People weren't calling for him to move up because he had fish to fry at LHW despite being at the larger end of the division.

As Jones has put on more muscle as well for me he's clearly now a bigger man than Fedor ever was.

235 lb Fedor was not fat in Pride. I'm not sure what you're even talking about. The "fattest" he looked was vs Hunt.

Just because you're not Adonis doesn't make you fat dude, if you think Kettleball Fedor was fat then you don't have any idea what you're speaking about.

But again, who are you and who is everyone else to tell Jon that he needs to move up? His goal has been to be the most dominant LHW champ ever. He's stated LHW on numerous occasions. He's under no obligation to move up. There will always be new contenders assuming the promotion actually tries to sign new fighters, so, idk what you guys are even crying about.

I 100% agree about matchups......I wouldn't say he didn't have balls to fight....it's his right to stay at LHW if he can make the weight.

But so many good matches at HW. Nothing against some of the guys he fought.....but MW Vitor? MW Chael? OSP, Smith, Santos. Great fighters but not as fun and intriguing as Reem, JDS, Stipe, Ngannou, etc.

I feel like we are missing out and missed out on so many potentially awesome matches. And Jones could easily add 20 pounds of muscle and be stronger and probably as fast at HW. He could have done more to solidify his legacy by fighting at HW vs staying and LHW.
Come on bro, no fully grown adult man who's already lifting weights, doing cardio, HIIT, sparring and grappling could easily add 20 pounds of muscle without crazy force feeding, focusing solely on muscle hyperthophy training and using bodybuilding-like stacks of steroids. Not to mention the negative impact this would have on his endurance (and health). 20 pounds of body weight, sure, but not lean mass.. no way.

Come on bro, no fully grown adult man who's already lifting weights, doing cardio, HIIT, sparring and grappling could easily add 20 pounds of muscle without crazy force feeding, focusing solely on muscle hyperthophy training and using bodybuilding-like stacks of steroids. Not to mention the negative impact this would have on his endurance (and health). 20 pounds of body weight, sure, but not lean mass.. no way.

That's true. Not 20 pounds of muscle. But if he's starving himself to stay near 230 or so he could make some really good initial gains by just over eating. His body might gain quickly now that it has a massive calorie surplus.

But you are right, 20 pounds of muscle in a short period of time would take some PEDs. However I believe over time he could do it. I'm sure he hasn't hit his maximum muscle gains yet.

Plus look at his genetics! Chandler Jones is a FREAK at 6'5" 265. Arthur is 6'3" 320 but obviously carries a lot of fat for a D-lineman.

But the thing is it is possible for him. Or he could be a lightish HW. How big do you think Fedor, Nog, CroCop, Cain, JDS, etc. are/were? They have proven you don't need to be 260 pounds to fight at HW.

I would guess he's 225ish in the cage, Some great HW fought at 240ish no problem. That would just be him doing what he does now but not watching his diet.

Anyway, I dont blame him I just wish he would move up. Like I didn't blame GSP for not moving up but I would have love to see him vs AS.

When he had a grappling match vs Sonnen he was 240

235 lb Fedor was not fat in Pride. I'm not sure what you're even talking about. The "fattest" he looked was vs Hunt.

Just because you're not Adonis doesn't make you fat dude, if you think Kettleball Fedor was fat then you don't have any idea what you're speaking about.

But again, who are you and who is everyone else to tell Jon that he needs to move up? His goal has been to be the most dominant LHW champ ever. He's stated LHW on numerous occasions. He's under no obligation to move up. There will always be new contenders assuming the promotion actually tries to sign new fighters, so, idk what you guys are even crying about.

He was not carrying as much fat as latter in his career but he was still far from lean....

5850.jpg

The leanest we ever saw him was probably in RINGS(where the Kettlebell shot was taken I believe) but even there he wasn't lean and probably weighed less than in Pride. Fedor like Nog, Crocop and Randy was a small HW, not just smaller than guys like Sylvia but also smaller than the likes of Arlovski.

Jones doesn't "have" to move up but if he doesn't then its a criticism people can make of him relative to Fedor in GOAT discussions.

Fedor at 240 lbs peak days during Pride was not a small HW. Maybe he was SHORT, but that doesn't mean small (or maybe you think it does in which case you are wrong)

and why does Jones need to fight at HW? He's said on numerous occasions he wants to be LHW champ and most dominant one etc, what on earth makes you guys think he HAS to move up?

Is Liddell a pussy because he never moved up to HW?

Is Rampage a pussy because he fought at LHW, then HW, then back at LHW? (and now back to HW?)

you guys literally bash Jon because he wins or he's beat your favorite fighters. It's kind of lame honestly.
Of course Jones has zero obligation to move up to HW. That said, it's hard to deny that his most intriguing matchups are at HW even now. He's already the best LHW ever and has nothing to prove at 205 IMO.

Though I do agree that most people want him to move up so they can see him lose. I just want the best match ups possible, and a fight like Jones vs. Ngannou is infinitely most interesting than Jones vs. Santos.

He was not carrying as much fat as latter in his career but he was still far from lean....

5850.jpg

The leanest we ever saw him was probably in RINGS(where the Kettlebell shot was taken I believe) but even there he wasn't lean and probably weighed less than in Pride.

Jones doesn't "have" to move up but if he doesn't then its a criticism people can make of him relative to Fedor in GOAT discussions.

Ya he doesn't look fat n im not sure what you are even arguing at this point

Jon doesn't care what Sherdoggers think of him.

Of course Jones has zero obligation to move up to HW. That said, it's hard to deny that his most intriguing matchups are at HW even now. He's already the best LHW ever and has nothing to prove at 205 IMO.

Though I do agree that most people want him to move up so they can see him lose. I just want the best match ups possible, and a fight like Jones vs. Ngannou is infinitely most interesting than Jones vs. Santos.

Jones vs Walker > any fight at HW outside of DC.

A good fight.

Overeem beats both the current LHW And HW champ.

Back