Shame we never saw Jones vs Overeem

Fedor was 230-240 lbs during his peak, Cain was 240 lbs.

Those are not "small" hw's.

You don't think Jones could EASILY be 230-240 just by eating more? I'm sure he watches his diet to stay thin to make 205. I'm not saying turn into Roy Nelson but you could have a Cain/Fedor/DC bod. I bet between fights Jones is 230/235 already.

And 230-240 is kind of a small HW IMO. Anyone under 230ish is probably cutting to LHW. Who would you call a small HW if not Fedor/CroCop?

They were teammates at Jacksons for a while, but we all know, Jon loves to fight with his teammates.

Are you trying to imply Shogun and Ubereem are anything alike?

Im not implying anything
Thats the what Sherdog was saying
"Shogun will break Jones skinny knees!!!"

images

They are buddies.

Overeem actually injured Jon Jones in sparring when they trained at Winkeljon. And he felt awful. Jones had to cancel his fight he got so messed up. I think it was the reason the first DC fight was pushed back. Apparently they were just warming up to and Reem fell on his knee and injured it.

"And I felt terrible man, because I was looking forward to that fight. Of course obviously [Jones]’s had a great career, he’s a great athlete, but I also like him as a friend. So, you never want to do that to your buddies that are your teammates, because you feel terrible." - Overeem

From mma fighting article back in the day. https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/...em-on-injuring-jon-jones-in-sparring-mma-news

Plus no one in their right mind would actually want to fight Overeem. There is a reason virtually no one calls him out. You may win, But chances are hes gonna hurt you bad. Dude is a monster. Jon is not that stupid.
I like the way you think and I like your inside knowledge. Now I know why they will not fight. Dude's a monster!

They were teammates at Jacksons for a while, but we all know, Jon loves to fight with his teammates.
This... Both at Final Form would bring back the Pride Freak Show days!!!!

Overeem would have and still would likely wreck him at any point

One or two leg kicks from Reem would literally cripple Jon's skinny legs and Jon isnt going to be able to bully UBEREEM up to the cage to wear him down

Are you serious? Jon would ground and pound reem worse than shogun did. You must be imagining 205 Jones vs ubereem in your head. This is 2019 lol and Jon would be much thicker at HW

Nightmare matchup for Jones.

Jon Jones would've never fought Uber-reem. I'd pick Jon Jones in 2019 tho.

Jones can't wrestle him because the Reem is too heavy and also a good grappler
Jones can't knock him out.

Jones tries to kick his way to a decision and tries to win 1 out of the first 3 rounds and round 4+5, because of his stamina advantage.
Econoreem sees this coming

Overeem has all the chances and bullies him

Overeem gets knocked out in something like 30-40% of his UFC fights. If you are a UFC heavyweight, you have at least a 1/3rd chance of knocking out Overeem by nature of being booked to fight him.

I suppose its fun in the "why not" sense but it isn't really something that should be booked.

Having power in your hands is generally needed to do it though.

You don't think Jones could EASILY be 230-240 just by eating more? I'm sure he watches his diet to stay thin to make 205. I'm not saying turn into Roy Nelson but you could have a Cain/Fedor/DC bod. I bet between fights Jones is 230/235 already.

And 230-240 is kind of a small HW IMO. Anyone under 230ish is probably cutting to LHW. Who would you call a small HW if not Fedor/CroCop?

Fedor at 240 lbs peak days during Pride was not a small HW. Maybe he was SHORT, but that doesn't mean small (or maybe you think it does in which case you are wrong)

and why does Jones need to fight at HW? He's said on numerous occasions he wants to be LHW champ and most dominant one etc, what on earth makes you guys think he HAS to move up?

Is Liddell a pussy because he never moved up to HW?

Is Rampage a pussy because he fought at LHW, then HW, then back at LHW? (and now back to HW?)

you guys literally bash Jon because he wins or he's beat your favorite fighters. It's kind of lame honestly.

Fedor at 240 lbs peak days during Pride was not a small HW. Maybe he was SHORT, but that doesn't mean small (or maybe you think it does in which case you are wrong)

and why does Jones need to fight at HW? He's said on numerous occasions he wants to be LHW champ and most dominant one etc, what on earth makes you guys think he HAS to move up?

Is Liddell a pussy because he never moved up to HW?

Is Rampage a pussy because he fought at LHW, then HW, then back at LHW? (and now back to HW?)

you guys literally bash Jon because he wins or he's beat your favorite fighters. It's kind of lame honestly.

Who would you consider a small HW then? I'm saying 235-240 is a small HW. How many HW are smaller? If they are smaller than that they cut to LHW. I know short does not equal small. You seem to ignore a lot of my points and get pissed off.

I'm not bashing Jones. Are you his manager or his personal friend or something? I CLEARLY stated that he doesn't have to move up and that's OK but that I WISH he would move up b/c the fights at HW are much more intriguing for our viewing pleasure. But he doesn't owe us anything and can do what he wants. Now you are pissed at me??

I never called him a pussy either. You might have me confused with someone else.

I simply want a straight answer to a "small" HWs. Bones would be 240 at HW easily IMO. As I stated, he's like 235 when not dieting anyway. Small HWs tend to do quite well b/c of their speed advantage.

Who would you consider a small HW then? I'm saying 235-240 is a small HW. How many HW are smaller? If they are smaller than that they cut to LHW. I know short does not equal small. You seem to ignore a lot of my points and get pissed off.

I'm not bashing Jones. Are you his manager or his personal friend or something? I CLEARLY stated that he doesn't have to move up and that's OK but that I WISH he would move up b/c the fights at HW are much more intriguing for our viewing pleasure. But he doesn't owe us anything and can do what he wants. Now you are pissed at me??

I never called him a pussy either. You might have me confused with someone else.

I simply want a straight answer to a "small" HWs. Bones would be 240 at HW easily IMO. As I stated, he's like 235 when not dieting anyway. Small HWs tend to do quite well b/c of their speed advantage.

240 was about what all the HWs weighed back in the day, he wasn't small for the era he fought in.

He was small compared to guys like BigFoot and Ngannou and such who have to cut to make HW now, agree with that.

Weight cutting is a bigger thing now so everyone who is 230'ish diets and makes 205. It wasn't then so you can't say he's a small HW when everyone he fought was similarly sized (albeit many were slightly bigger than him) Problem with him is that he continued to be 230 (even as low as 223) while fighting these bigger guys.

not trying to skirt around your question i think I just overlooked it. I'm unable to think of 1 that's a top contender right now that is a "small" hw but that's because that is one of the "evolutions" of the sport. Weight cutting. The guys like you said, 230 type guys are just dieting and cutting down to 205. They have an advantage then and they exploit it.

240'ish is guys like Werdum when he's in good shape. Is he Small?

yeah its too bad everyone who fights in whatever division they are in now are too pussy to fight in the weight division above em since they all cut weight. Bunch of fuckin pussies.

That's not what he said lol.
But Jon has longer arms than anyone in the HW division (even 7 footer Struve lol)
He should not be afraid.

But obv he has been training with Overeem, Brown, Mir, Arlowski for many years.
He knows what the HW's brings and he wants nothing to do with it.

Are you serious? Jon would ground and pound reem worse than shogun did. You must be imagining 205 Jones vs ubereem in your head. This is 2019 lol and Jon would be much thicker at HW

You said it's 2019 but talking about a fight Overeem had with Shogun when Alistair was 18 years old.
Are you delusional or something?

If you are so confident Jon would steamroll HW division, where is his confidence?
Heck he even roided to beat a guy who has same arm reach as my girlfriend :p

But Jon has longer arms than anyone in the HW division (even 7 footer Struve lol)
He should not be afraid.

what about the guy at 135 with gloves bigger than Ngannou's (or same size)? Should he fight at HW too since he has big hands?

Long arms is why he should be in the hW division?

Saying because he trained with those guys and what it brings n that's why he is avoiding, that's fine and within reason. But man that first part of your post is straight ce-doo-doo

He should not be afraid.

Jones just knocked out the undefeated HW champ.

No HW is even beating Cormier in even a single round.

That fantasy is just absurd

Jon Jones will end up like Roy Jones if he moves up. Jon is a fucking scumbag piece of shit but I don’t wanna see him get hurt in the octagon. I hope he retires soon, he’s taken enough damage in the first Gus fight, I don’t like seeing Jon like that

We did

Overeem injured Jones and put him on the sidelines in training. That's with Overeem going light.

That's the main reason that Jones said he wouldn't move up to HW. Ubereem haunts him till today.

Back