Khabib: Right now, not only Dana make decision. I’m here, too,”

champbless2

Seraldo Babalu
Banned
Reaction score

“Have to deserve. I have to keep winning, he have to deserve, and that’s it,” Khabib said, per Clyde Aidoo of MMA News. “It’s gonna happen. But right now, I’m not interested in this fight. For what? He tapped. If it was like we go all distance or if it was a close fight, maybe. But right now, I finished this business. If you want a new business, deserve this.”

“Right now, not only Dana make decision. I’m here, too,” Khabib said, smirking. “They have to listen to me. Because right now, I’m champion. And I know what I deserve, I know what opponents deserve. Right now, Dustin and Tony on the line. Other guys? Nobody deserve. Even if you talk about people who deserve, Conor is not on the list. He have to deserve.”

The reigning lightweight champ went on to reiterate that McGregor must earn his title shot by winning at least one more fight against a top contender.

“Last time he win, 2016. We talk about fight for the title, being best in the world. Please deserve. Come back and fight with someone and deserve this. No problem. But right now, a lot of tough and good opponents who have good win streak, they deserve.”

Another loss for Conor before getting the Khabib rematch will send him into a depression

Last edited:
Khabib. Please explain this to your manager and your father. I've tired of hearing how you could fight Conor. It's pathetic.

I agree with all that he says, apart from the deluded part in which he thinks he has a say alongside Dana. If Dana wants it to happen & Khabib says no he'll be sitting out the remainder of his career.

"And Khabib decrees that no women shall ever fight in the ufc again!"

Can't fault the man's logic (in regards to fighting anyway).

On the flipside, he must not like money.

Khabib "I run the UFC" Nurmagomedov

JoyousPoorIcelandgull-small.gif

Like Conor would fight inderfth and new ESPN money structure. Conor wont fight for less than 25 mil an th ass ts not happening in ESPN era

I really hope that Khabib stands his ground on this and demands Ferg if he gets past Poirier.

And what are they going to do to him if he does stand his ground? Strip him? That would be a real good look for the UFC brand - stripping a champion for demanding to fight the #1 contender on a 12 fight win streak instead of the challenger who hasn't won a fight in over 2 1/2 years (3 years by the time this would play out). The same challenger who he just definitively finished rather easily. The same challenger who then refused to actually fight his way to the rematch. Yeah, that would be a very bad look.

I agree with all that he says, apart from the deluded part in which he thinks he has a say alongside Dana. If Dana wants it to happen & Khabib says no he'll be sitting out the remainder of his career.
Wrong. He'll be fighting out the remainder of his career in Russia or UAE while giving precisely zero fucks about Western laws or contracts. Good luck suing Khabib in Russia. By antagonizing Khabib, Dana has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Khabib's broken english is one of the best things about the UFC.

I don't wanna be stress either.

Also side note:

And that's a true champ right there, gunning for the top contenders. Khabib vs Ferg needs to happen and Khabib knows it. The worst thing that can happen is Poirier pulling the upset and we get robbed of the best fight at LW ever.

“Have to deserve. I have to keep winning, he have to deserve, and that’s it,” Khabib said, per Clyde Aidoo of MMA News. “It’s gonna happen. But right now, I’m not interested in this fight. For what? He tapped. If it was like we go all distance or if it was a close fight, maybe. But right now, I finished this business. If you want a new business, deserve this.”

“Right now, not only Dana make decision. I’m here, too,” Khabib said, smirking. “They have to listen to me. Because right now, I’m champion. And I know what I deserve, I know what opponents deserve. Right now, Dustin and Tony on the line. Other guys? Nobody deserve. Even if you talk about people who deserve, Conor is not on the list. He have to deserve.”

The reigning lightweight champ went on to reiterate that McGregor must earn his title shot by winning at least one more fight against a top contender.

“Last time he win, 2016. We talk about fight for the title, being best in the world. Please deserve. Come back and fight with someone and deserve this. No problem. But right now, a lot of tough and good opponents who have good win streak, they deserve.”

Say what you want about Khabib but atleast he's showing some integrity here

And that's a true champ right there, gunning for the top contenders. Khabib vs Ferg needs to happen and Khabib knows it. The worst thing that can happen is Poirier pulling the upset and we get robbed of the best fight at LW ever.
if poirer wins we will get poirer vs conor II for the belt

Let's be honest, had Khabib lost to Conor, he would never have gotten a rematch. Add to that the fact that Conor hasn't fought anyone else since then, I don't see how he deserve that rematch.

Khabib is right, Dustin and Tony are in line. Maybe Gaethje if he fights (and beat) Tony before that.

LOL just like Khabib had no say when Dana promised Khabibs teammates will never fight again in the UFC?

My only issue with Khabib is the why... the reasoning behind his defiant attitude towards DFW (UFC). Other fighters get shit on liberally by the Baldfather, so I understand their rebellious attitude. Yet Khabib seems immune to this.

If Khabib is simply defiant by nature, that’s perfectly fine, but that seems to contradict his routine sucking up to political leaders on his side of the world.

In the end, it’s murky to me exactly where Khabib prioritizes his loyalties: himself, his nation, the fans? He’s a mystery.

Why are you even saying Conors name, Khablanket?

You know how fortunate you were to get out of that 3rd round.

LOL @ this grappler controlling anything other than smaller guys inside a cage.

Then it's what he will do. He has proven he is not afraid of loosing money to prove a point.

Back