Khabib: Right now, not only Dana make decision. I’m here, too,”

Why can't this be a win/win. Have Khabib fight both Ferguson & Conor on the same night. I'd suggest he fight Conor first as a warm up. But Conor wants to be the main event & it would make it a more interesting match up if Khabib had just finished a war against Ferguson. And more in line with the short notice bookings Conor is used to having.
The risk would be a Ferguson win over Khabib, which is very possibility. Conor wants no part of Tferg. He won't even tweet his name.

Ahh dammit! The only thing between us American dolts and educational nirvana is this pesky "democratic republic" nonsense. All we need to do is embrace the Soviet era form of quasi-communism and we'll turn our entire educational system around. All this time, Ivan had the key and we were blind to it.

That said, there's hope. Our president seems to really like the former KGB guy that runs things over there. Together maybe they can really get some anti-perestroika action going and sort this shit out.
The solution is much more simple. All that needs to be done is stop brainwashing kids about US being the center of the Universe and raise the educational level. But the problem is that the government love people who are easily brainwashed and manipulated.

The solution is much more simple. All that needs to be done is stop brainwashing kids about US being the center of the Universe and raise the educational level. But the problem is that the government love people who are easily brainwashed and manipulated.

But you said it was when the Berlin wall fell and Russian quasi-communism ended that the decline of education started. You insinuated even that it was causation and not just correlation.

I find it humorous that Eastern Europeans (and specifically Russians) would call out American xenophobia when they seem to go more out of their way than anyone to trumpet Russian exceptionalism. Which I honestly don't have a problem with (Russians have a right to be proud like anyone else), except that the hypocrisy is ridiculous.

As a product of the American public education system (including higher education) and with most of my contemporaries the same, I find your assertions silly. American public higher education institutions have major flaws like anywhere else (namely they are insanely overpriced) but claiming them to be "bottom of the barrel" compared to the rest of the world is beyond stupid.

Last edited:
But you said it was when the Berlin wall fell and Russian quasi-communism ended that the decline of education started. You insinuated even that it was causation and not just correlation.

I find it humorous that Eastern Europeans (and specifically Russians) would call out American xenophobia when they seem to go more out of their way than anyone to trumpet Russian exceptionalism. Which I honestly don't have a problem with (Russians have a right to be proud like anyone else), except that the hypocrisy is ridiculous.

As a product of the American public education system (including higher education) and with most of my contemporaries the same, I find your assertions silly. American public higher education institutions have major flaws like anywhere else (namely they are insanely overpriced) but claiming them to be "bottom of the barrel" compared to the rest of the world is beyond stupid.

I'm from Scandinavia and met many eastern Europeans incl. Russians, many people from middle east as well as asians. A few of them had a chance to study in the US for a period incl. my very good friend. They all say how ridiculously low level is the education there. And like I said before, whenever I travel around the world and meet people, I can discus the other countries, there political situation, their cultur and history. It's mostly impossible to do so with americans as they have no idea where other countries are, what history or culture is there...etc. This is not something I'm trying to bash on your country. Not at all. It's just the reality.

I'm from Scandinavia and met many eastern Europeans incl. Russians, many people from middle east as well as asians. A few of them had a chance to study in the US for a period incl. my very good friend. They all say how ridiculously low level is the education there. And like I said before, whenever I travel around the world and meet people, I can discus the other countries, there political situation, their cultur and history. It's mostly impossible to do so with americans as they have no idea where other countries are, what history or culture is there...etc. This is not something I'm trying to bash on your country. Not at all. It's just the reality.
Its partially true. What American education severely lacks is geography and world history(only American history really gets taught). There is literally nothing on these subjects on educational curriculum. So don't judge Americans and general level of education on the fact they know nothing about these subjects, they have never been taught...I can tell you this from first hand experience.

You are giving silly anecdotal evidence based on nothing but your own experiences. I can say the same thing about plenty of Europeans I've met. Or Asians. Or people from anywhere.

I've also traveled plenty of places and have had to interact professionally with people from everywhere and I can say with confidence that your assertions are nonsense. I literally interact daily with people from all over the world who have been educated in a variety of places and my experience is that those educated here in the US are at least as capable what we require of them as those educated elsewhere (which includes all of Europe, the middle east, east Asia, south america).

In fact if I'm going to be more specific in my own anecdotal evidence, I would say only those that I deal with that were educated in east Asia (Japan specifically) would I possibly say are more productive and capable than those educated in the US.

So...my anecdotal evidence simply cancels out yours and here we are.

Its partially true. What American education severely lacks is geography and world history(only American history really gets taught). There is literally nothing on these subjects on educational curriculum. So don't judge Americans and general level of education on the fact they know nothing about these subjects, they have never been taught...I can tell you this from first hand experience.
No, I don't judge anybody and I'm definitely not saying that Americans are dumb. But history and geography are a huge part of education, don't you think? And what about political situation? I have a few good friends in the US who are smart and have a great education. They aren't brainwashed by the media and can see what's going on with starting the wars around the world for "democracy and to protect the freedom". But average Joe? Yeah, not so much. The average Joe is the product of the systematic brainwashing since childhood where the education is a large part of it.

From what I've seen Khabib is calling the shots

After UFC 229
Dana: "khabibs buddies will never fight in the UFC again"
Sherdoggers: "Khabib should be stripped of the title, how despicable!"

LMAO how'd that turn out

Why are you even saying Conors name, Khablanket?

You know how fortunate you were to get out of that 3rd round.

LOL @ this grappler controlling anything other than smaller guys inside a cage.
{<jordan}

No, I don't judge anybody and I'm definitely not saying that Americans are dumb. But history and geography are a huge part of education, don't you think? And what about political situation? I have a few good friends in the US who are smart and have a great education. They aren't brainwashed by the media and can see what's going on with starting the wars around the world for "democracy and to protect the freedom". But average Joe? Yeah, not so much. The average Joe is the product of the systematic brainwashing since childhood where the education is a large part of it.

There is bias everywhere. You really don't think people from other parts of the world are swayed by what's reported to them from their own media LOL?

Hell, in America we have no limits on the information we can access. Totally free press, etc. Our media CONSTANTLY calls out our leaders for the things they do. This is true in other places too obviously but not everywhere. If you want to talk about "brainwashed" people, how about start in the places where criticizing your leaders publicly gets you thrown in prison (or worse).

Plenty of Americans believe our foreign policy is too aggressive. Including myself in some cases. But the world is complicated too, so trying to boil down the foreign policy of the most powerful nation on earth (alongside a couple others) is way too simplistic. Do you criticize Russia's interventionist foreign policy the same way? Haven't seen that yet, even though they are sending troops all over the place too. Do you call their citizens "brainwashed"?

Seems to me like you have a slightly skewed perspective toward some things. Just from what I've read anyway.

Here's reality -

Conor is finished. Skillwise. Shtickwise. Everything about him screams washup. He will get destroyed against Nate in his next and last fight.

Khabib wants to fight Ferg but UFC will make every excuse for that not to happen because El Kooky is nuts and not a future face of the company, he's a huge threat to Khabib.

Ferg will probably be traded to Bellator.

tenor.gif

Politics are hot garbage, and everyone should ignore the subject if you ask me. Most people not just US, get educated on politics (and other subject matters) by watching TV or reading some mass media source...therefore get brainwashed and this is applicable everywhere in the world. World History is largely fake though, I was educated both in Europe and in States, and dug deep into history over time, so I'm fully conviced of this. Of course, knowing the basics of history and geography will certainly help round out an individual and present a much better cultural exchange and impression, I fully agree with that. I know how ignorant an average American is on these specific subjects, its definitely something that has come up in conversations.

Back