What's with the terrible UFC coverege lately?

usernamee

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Last 6-12 month I have noticed a significant decrease in the amount of interviews and media coverage for the events.

My go-to site since... 10years? 13 years? has always been MMAFighting but now they are attending like half of the events nowadays so I have jumped to MMAJunkie who usually covers all events. Apart from that, there's pretty much nobody reliant.

Take this weekends event for example, MMAJunkie has some interviews with some fighters - far from all of them. MMAFighting has nothing. ESPN MMA has one long Pettis interview which was great - other than that so far - absolutely nothing. Shouldn't at least fucking ESPN who is the lone provider of the UFC churn out pre-fight interviews of all the fighters no matter if the event is taking place in fucking north korea!?

COVERAGE* - no idea how to edit topics.... fml

Mandatory:
UFC is dying.

It's not dying, but it's not on the global level of football, NFL etc So most talented sportswriters will go for the more "professional" and followed sports. Leaving the lesser talented ones for MMA. UFC treats fighters like shit, so it may be seen as less legitimate to cover

Im actually mad we even get any MMA "Journalism", just stfu, stop trying to make headlines. Lets have a Journalist Rumble.

MMAFighting is Ariel?

i think he may be busy working for ESPN

To counter the point of "less MMA coverage", I'm just gonna say that one of the bigger Danish papers covered the news of Dillashaw testing positive.

Point being that either a) there's a growing interest in MMA outside of USA/UFC, or b) we're (danish media, that is) too late on the hypetrain that is MMA/UFC and jumping on an already derailed wagon.

It's draining for the fighters too, doing interviews every day, or every other day.

I'm less interested in ufc coverage, interviews than I was a year ago.. has the sport changed or me?

I believe the sport is changing and others are losing interest as well.

Last edited:
ESPN has more ufc coverage than ever. By far.

Who TF listens to fighter's interviews? You some woman? Lol

And itdi not like you can get some major insight from the average interview

"Do you feel prepared?"
"How do you think you get the win Saturday night?"
"How was your camp?"

Basic bitch questions imo

Don't question Dana, you goof.
dana-white-gif.gif

Dana even hires active fighters as "media" people to save money. Pathetic.

Back