Would you bet on Cejudo beating TJ at 135?

no, in fact I would bet on TJ again if they fought at 25 again. it was a bad stoppage.

If a dudes eyes are rolling in the back of his head, but at the same time he's still trying to get up and scrambling....(regardless of how many shots he's taking)....the fight's not over son. you stop the fight when the dude goes limp. period.

honestly i smell a rat.

Last edited:
no, in fact I would bet on TJ again if they fought at 25. it was a bad stoppage.

If a guys eyes are rolling in the back of his head, but at the same time he's still trying to get up and scrambling....

the fight's not over son.

Bad stoppage =/= TJ had any chances to survive.

You're implying you have a crystal ball which you do not. If a guy is scrambling to get up under any conditions the fight is still in play

Actually, it seems like YOU claim to have a crystall ball, assuming that the fight that looked the way it looked would've suddenly turned the other way.
My assumption is only an extrapolation of what we all saw, yours is a wild assumption based on nothing.

Actually, it seems like YOU claim to have a crystall ball, assuming that the fight that looked the way it looked would've suddenly turned the other way.
My assumption is only an extrapolation of what we all saw, yours is a wild assumption based on nothing.
But it COULD have turned the other way, that's where your argument falls. It was an early stoppage dude, i promise

If TJ used the same distancing, he would get murked again. Thought he would win the 125 title, but really bad distance and letting shots through.

But it could have turned the other way, that's where your argument falls. It was an early stoppage dude, i promise

Again, early stoppage doesn't mean that the fight would turned the other way.
If you apply a common sense on it, a couple more seconds would more likely sent TJ to deepest KO than anything else.

No but I don't bet on anything, it's a mugs game. In the long run the bookies win.

Yes it was an early stoppage but in all likelihood Cejudo finishes him 20-30 seconds later.
135, not sure, if Cejudo has 6 months or so to gain weight well I'd back him.

It looks like TJ would beat any fighter if the rules are "to the death" :rolleyes:

If you apply a common sense on it, a couple more seconds would more likely sent TJ to deepest KO than anything else.
Again you're a asserting things that you couldn't possibly know.

I've seen bigger comebacks than that..... easily.
You're saying that because it "look liked" it was about to be stopped, does it mean that it could have been scrambled out of. I don't want to argue this dense, view the world however you want.

COULD, not WOULD. He's saying there's a chance the fight could have turned the other way, not that it's guaranteed.

Last edited:
You're saying that because it "look liked" it was about to be stopped, does it mean that it could have been scrambled out of.

Yeah, only the probability of these two cases is not 50/50...more likely 90/10 in favor of Cejudo KTFOing TJ.

Everything CAN happen...Cejudo could've slipped the next second and break his ankle..so?

CejuGOAT is way quicker and he won't be as light at BW and he'll be packing a little extra power so I see CejuGOAT finishing the little snake even quicker. Probably around 20 seconds in.

You're implying you have a crystal ball which you do not. If a guy is scrambling to get up under any conditions the fight is still in play

"Scrambling" - stumbling face first at the oponents's feet while desperately reaching for an ankle in slow mo.

COULD, not WOULD. He's saying there's a chance the fight could have turned the other way, not that it's guaranteed.

There is a chance on anything to happen...including the earthquake that would've turned the fight to NC.
That is not what makes my argument failing, as he claimed.

There is a chance on anything to happen...including the earthquake that would've turned the fight to NC.
That is not what makes my argument failing, as he claimed.
This is a strawman if I've ever seen one.

He's saying there's a reasonable chance. The dude was trying to get back to his feet the whole time. Do you know you have to be conscious to scramble? Have you seen somebody in a coma scrambling?

I'm not saying I share his opinion, just that you're misunderstanding it.

Yeah, only the probability of these two cases is not 50/50...more likely 90/10 in favor of Cejudo KTFOing TJ.

Everything CAN happen...Cejudo could've slipped the next second and break his ankle..so?
So by your logic, in any fight.... the moment the fighter gets rocked the ref should step in and the fights over.

no dude, submission or flatlined. That's how a fight ends brother.....

Not when a guy is rocked and scrambling....

You know in your heart that I'm right

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back