Would you bet on Cejudo beating TJ at 135?

I can't tell if people are being disingenuous because they don't like TJ or if they actually support stoppages mid-scramble.

I acknowledged TJ got to sit on the stool. He also wasn't hurt nearly as badly in this situation. If you don't acknowledge that point, you're full of shit.

I like Cejudo's chances if TJ is on a 4 fight win streak.

So you admit it's not quite as simple as "you stop the fight when the dude goes limp. period" like you said earlier? Perhaps there are situations where a fighter isn't unconscious, but the fight should still be stopped?

Those are your quotes from just the front page. You seemed fairly emphatic on the matter, but now you're saying there are levels to this?
The GIF you showed is a guy with his hands down unconscious on his feet, not moving.
That's completely different than the Dillashaw stoppage, come on dude stop being a contrarian

lol this counts as intelligently defending yourself going for a single leg now?

Refs usually stop the fight if you get dropped multiple times and aren't improving your position.

TJ tried for a takedown a few times but Cejudo's an olympic gold medalist so that was gonna be tough to get.

OffbeatExhaustedGharial-size_restricted.gif

RemoteExcitableAngelfish-size_restricted.gif
The more I watch those GIFs the more im convinced that's probably the worst stoppage I've ever seen. It's all perceptions and opinions bro.

When there's this much on the line you got to let it go a few more seconds and you know it in your heart

Henry Cejudo is Dillashaws new Dodson. TJ will never beat Cejudo.

The more I watch those GIFs the more im convinced that's probably the worst stoppage I've ever seen. It's all perceptions and opinions bro.

When there's this much on the line you got to let it go a few more seconds and you know it in your heart
I think, bottom line, everyone knows that's not the kind of stoppage they want to see at the top level of MMA. I think hate is clouding people's sincerity. Seems to be a theme around here.

Sure it could have gone on a little longer but it call it the worst stoppage you've ever seen is a bit dramatic.

This finish isn't too different from his KO by Dodson.

Plus he got dropped twice, not just one quick knockdown. How many times does someone have to stand up and get knocked back down on their ass before you finally stop the fight? 3 times? 4 times?

Depends on the odds, if he is underdog again I would bet 100%. If he is favourite probably not, but I wouldn’t bet on TJ as an underdo.

I wouldn't bet against it, but it would surprise me. Could be another Rose v. Joanna situation and Cejudo simply has his number. TJ was ridiculously overconfident and I'm thinking next time he'd be a lot more careful, but you never know.... No way that was an early stoppage though. TJ was OUT before he hit the floor. His eyes were scrambled eggs. The Ref had no choice.

Style match

Henry beats TJ at BW imo

The clash of styles showed

TJ fights with footwork, leans his head out in front of his opponents to draw in attacks that he can counter. You seen the second he tried that shit it did NOT work against Henry.

TJ always had the “TD threat” to make his standup really shine in combat. If youve watched MMA long enough, the “TD threat” makes average strikers look like K-1 champs, not saying TJ is average at all in striking but that a TD threat really opens your striking to land more.

Now, you think he poses a threat to Cejudo in the TD department? Since Henry can almost disregard peoples “TD threat” he can focus on the striking offense and defense correctly.

Sure it could have gone on a little longer but it call it the worst stoppage you've ever seen is a bit dramatic.

This finish isn't too different from his KO by Dodson.

Plus he got dropped twice, not just one quick knockdown. How many times does someone have to stand up and get knocked back down on their ass before you finally stop the fight? 3 times? 4 times?
It was dramatic, the Drew Dober stoppage was probably the worst in MMA history. vs leandro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back