Would you bet on Cejudo beating TJ at 135?

Actually, it seems like YOU claim to have a crystall ball, assuming that the fight that looked the way it looked would've suddenly turned the other way.
My assumption is only an extrapolation of what we all saw, yours is a wild assumption based on nothing.

But it COULD have turned the other way, that's where your argument falls. It was an early stoppage dude, i promise

So you're saying fights should only be stopped when one of the fighters is flattened out on his back, bleeding and unconscious?

JBG approves

Someone threw out some weak bait and everyone fell for it

He is superior -- so yeah.

TJ lost to a way past it Cruz, came along when Renan had major troubles with the weight cut (if you fans wanna cry about tj having a bad cut it works both ways ya big homos), and is lucky that cody has a weak chin and the worst fight IQ ever.

Add in the fact that he had a few clips sparring with lomachenko and uses some unorthodox footwork and he and his fans overestimated his skills.

I think this weight cut screwed him up for good.

no, in fact I would bet on TJ again if they fought at 25 again. it was a bad stoppage.

If a dudes eyes are rolling in the back of his head, but at the same time he's still trying to get up and scrambling....(regardless of how many shots he's taking)....the fight's not over son. you stop the fight when the dude goes limp. period.

honestly i smell a rat.

So you're comfortable with this stoppage?

4.gif

So by your logic, in any fight.... the moment the fighter gets rocked the ref should step in and the fights over.

no dude, submission or flatlined. That's how a fight ends brother.....

Not when a guy is rocked and scrambling....

You know in your heart that I'm right

You've got Dillashaw as your favourite fighter at BW, hardly an objective opinion on that fight. I had no dog in that fight, couldn't care either way who won/lost. I however did enjoy the karmic justice of Dillashaw talking so much shit, overlooking Cejudo and acting like a general douche, then getting his shit pushed in in 32 seconds.

That aside, you're wrong about the stoppage. He wasn't just rocked once. He was beaten from pillar to post. On the canvas 3 times in less than 30 seconds. He was not scrambling, and the opportunity for the ankle only came about after the fight was already over and Cejudo was walking away. TJ was so out of it, he tried to go for the single after the ref stepped in to stop the fight, because he wasn't even aware that the fight was over. That should tell you right there what his frame of mind was at the time the fight was stopped (IE auto pilot).

Beaten into oblivion, folded in half on the canvas, with an olympic level wrestler about to smash his head in from the side and/or take his back. As a Dillashaw fan you should probably thank the ref for stopping that fight.

Guy came back from about as hurt as you can be to beat Cody Garbrandt right down. It doesn't mean he would've won, but we won't ever know, and that's frustrating.

If I had to bet on the rematch at 135 I'd take TJ. Honestly I hope they get it done sooner than later.

I keep seeing this over and over, and I wonder if any of them actually watched either of the two fights? There is no comparison. None.

In one fight, TJ was saved by the bell, and had a full minute between rounds to recover.

In the other fight, TJ was on the canvas 3x in less than 30 seconds, rocked, getting blasted, and had a fresh olympic level wrestler that was raining bombs on his head and/or about to take his back, with 4.5 minutes left in the round.

Please stop trying to perpetuate some myth about his magical ability to recover from a beating.

no, in fact I would bet on TJ again if they fought at 25 again. it was a bad stoppage.

If a dudes eyes are rolling in the back of his head, but at the same time he's still trying to get up and scrambling....(regardless of how many shots he's taking)....the fight's not over son. you stop the fight when the dude goes limp. period.

honestly i smell a rat.
Dan? Mazzagatti? Mario Yamasaki?? Is this you??

I'm not sure about the rematch at 135, but I'll be excited if it does happen. Cejudo may be a little undersized, but I don't think it will be much at all. And he still has his serious wrestling credentials, he's got some power, and he'll have the confidence knowing he obliterated TJ once already. Cejudo is a classy guy, I like fighters like that, I'd be very pleased if he beat TJ again in his own division. I'd favour Cejudo I think, but not by a huge margin.

So you're saying fights should only be stopped when one of the fighters is flattened out on his back, bleeding and unconscious?

JBG approves

Tapout, unconscious, or turtle up.

Not when you're rocked, scrambling... going for a single leg.

There's a difference bro if you're new to MMA

I always bet on the guy who won the first one if by TKO/KO(except GSP/Serra) as most of the time the mental side takes over because of the memory of the loss. I’ll take Cejudo again for sure just like no matter how many times T.J. fights Cody I’d bet T.J. every time

This is my belief.

TJ wasnt going to survive but it was early.
I agree with that.

It was early in the sense that these guys should be allowed to fight until KO'd. They can tap out if they're done, like GSP did against Serra and Shogun vs Jones.

Dillashaw should have been allowed to keep flailing away. But Cejudo would have just fed him more brain damage.

Tapout, unconscious, or turtle up.

Not when you're rocked, scrambling... going for a single leg.

There's a difference bro if you're new to MMA

lol this counts as intelligently defending yourself going for a single leg now?

Refs usually stop the fight if you get dropped multiple times and aren't improving your position.

TJ tried for a takedown a few times but Cejudo's an olympic gold medalist so that was gonna be tough to get.

OffbeatExhaustedGharial-size_restricted.gif

RemoteExcitableAngelfish-size_restricted.gif

You are comparing that to the Dillashaw stoppage? Jesus I'm not even going to reply to this

So you admit it's not quite as simple as "you stop the fight when the dude goes limp. period" like you said earlier? Perhaps there are situations where a fighter isn't unconscious, but the fight should still be stopped?

If a guy is scrambling to get up under any conditions the fight is still in play

no dude, submission or flatlined. That's how a fight ends brother.....

Not when a guy is rocked and scrambling....

Those are your quotes from just the front page. You seemed fairly emphatic on the matter, but now you're saying there are levels to this?

I keep seeing this over and over, and I wonder if any of them actually watched either of the two fights? There is no comparison. None.

In one fight, TJ was saved by the bell, and had a full minute between rounds to recover.

In the other fight, TJ was on the canvas 3x in less than 30 seconds, rocked, getting blasted, and had a fresh olympic level wrestler that was raining bombs on his head and/or about to take his back, with 4.5 minutes left in the round.

Please stop trying to perpetuate some myth about his magical ability to recover from a beating.
He was hurt much worse against Cody and we both know it, and he did recover and beat Cody's ass. That's just the facts. "About to take his back." And? There's a good chance Cejudo on his back would've given him ample time to shake off the cob webs. It was an equilibrium shot, I doubt you've ever taken one but they're easier to recover from than being truly blasted like he was against Cody. We'll never know, though, because a rookie ref stopped the fight too soon.

Looking forward to the rematch.

He was hurt much worse against Cody and we both know it, and he did recover and beat Cody's ass. That's just the facts. "About to take his back." And? There's a good chance Cejudo on his back would've given him ample time to shake off the cob webs. It was an equilibrium shot, I doubt you've ever taken one but they're easier to recover from than being truly blasted like he was against Cody. We'll never know, though, because a rookie ref stopped the fight too soon.

Looking forward to the rematch.

He recovered by being able to sit on a stool for 1 min and get his head back together. If you cant see the difference between that situation, and the situation on Saturday night, there is no point in further discourse on the matter. They are nowhere near to the same thing.

And I said he was going to continue blasting TJ with shots or take his back. Most likely he'd have just kept beating his head in.

The refs job is to save the fighters once he deems them to not be intelligently defending themselves. He was in the cage with them, and had a much better view/perspective than anyone else besides the fighters themselves. He did his job.

TJ, and his fans, should be thanking him for stopping TJ from incurring serious injury in there. TJ was not getting up off that canvas. The phantom single he was going for only happened after the ref had already stopped the fight. His state of mind (IE auto pilot) is clearly evidenced in the end fight sequence when Cejudo starts to walk away after the ref has stopped the fight, and TJ has the ref on top of him but still trys for the single. He wasn't even aware enough to realize the fight was already over.

Back