Would you bet on Cejudo beating TJ at 135?

I don't know what you're going on about still, but a unconscious fighter isn't capable of scrambling and going for a single leg.

My ten-year-old son knows this.

You're basing your opinion that it was a good stoppage because "more than likely" it was going to keep continuing as before..... which is a faulty way of thinking..... because you don't know what's going to happen in the ensuing seconds... thus making it a bad stoppage

Everything you wrote here is wrong, including you having a ten year old son.

You have serious reading comprehension. When did I say it was a good stoppage? What I said is - that it did not matter and did not change the outcome.
And a stoppage is not always have to be a result of loss of consciousness - hence when a fighter tries to single leg a REFEREE, a stoppage is 100% justified.

This is a strawman if I've ever seen one.

He's saying there's a reasonable chance. The dude was trying to get back to his feet the whole time. Do you know you have to be conscious to scramble? Have you seen somebody in a coma scrambling?

I'm not saying I share his opinion, just that you're misunderstanding it.
Yea, I personally can see both sides, but agree with your interpretation.

But it COULD have turned the other way, that's where your argument falls. It was an early stoppage dude, i promise
his scenario where TJ gets his brains scrambled on the floor is much more likely given what we've seen from fighting. More often than not, when you're knocked down three times in 30 seconds and your opponent hasn't eaten a shot, you're gonna lose.

Yes

Henry stole his soul.

On top of that Henry is not riding high ON TOP OF THE WORLD. he is going to be more motivated, and more confident than ever. He really has nothing to lose going into that fight. Hes already secured his fucking legacy and doesnt even have 15 fights yet.

He would go into that feeling even stronger, with absolute faith in his power and wrestling. Itd be a closer fight for sure, but I absolute would bet on Cejudo

edit: Also, I would have liked the ref to let the fight go at least 3-5 more seconds. Especially a fight of this magnitude with huge consequences. But it wasnt nearly as bad a stoppage as a lot of you are making out. Did you guys see TJ trying to get up? He was fucking loopy. Henry was completely fresh and hadn't taken a single punch....TJ was done for.

no, in fact I would bet on TJ again if they fought at 25 again. it was a bad stoppage.

If a dudes eyes are rolling in the back of his head, but at the same time he's still trying to get up and scrambling....(regardless of how many shots he's taking)....the fight's not over son. you stop the fight when the dude goes limp. period.
If you take a second and think about it logically it is a good stoppage.
You're the referee. One fighter gets dropped 2 times in a 10 second period. You ask him to defend himself and it's immediately followed by him face planting.
That's a bad time to step in?

I would bet on TJ, but it would be far from a gimme. We need to see what kind of damage he sustained in his last fight. Extreme weight cutting and concussions are a bad mix.
Ha could be back at 100% or he could be damaged goods. We'll see.
He loses again at 125.

Yes. once you beat someone, it is a huge mental advantage. ask TJ with Barao or Rose with JJ.

But he's only rematched one of his losses.

Rematching people you have already beat isn't the same as having a rematch against a guy that blasts you out in 30 seconds.

That is true.
I'm going with my tummy on this one though.

no, in fact I would bet on TJ again if they fought at 25 again. it was a bad stoppage.

If a dudes eyes are rolling in the back of his head, but at the same time he's still trying to get up and scrambling....(regardless of how many shots he's taking)....the fight's not over son. you stop the fight when the dude goes limp. period.

honestly i smell a rat.

2014-03-21-base.gif

He got struck 31 times in 51 seconds. Lets not loose sight of why he NEEDED to recover and couldn't. Cejudo was lighting him up.
So by your logic, in any fight.... the moment the fighter gets rocked the ref should step in and the fights over.

no dude, submission or flatlined. That's how a fight ends brother.....

Not when a guy is rocked and scrambling....

You know in your heart that I'm right

No.. But when one has taken 31 shots in 51 seconds and is floundering to find support for his legs.......The fight is over.

There was no distance like there was with Frankie and Maynard. There was no return. He wasn't involved in a fire fight ... He was just flailing his hands trying to grab hold of the fighter now beating you senseless.

The fight was over. TJ a great competitor and I can see why he'd be disappointed. But he'd lost. Might not lose again ... but lost this time.

If he plans to avenge this loss, then he has to admit it happened and fix the holes.

Otherwise he'll go the same was a YoungGayChick

He has a good chance to because he cuts down from 140+, there wouldnt be any more of a size difference than at 125 cause he would bulk up too.

You're implying you have a crystal ball which you do not. If a guy is scrambling to get up under any conditions the fight is still in play
Have to agree with you -I mean it was clearly a bad stoppage. In a perfect clarity and delineate manner-moment, Dillashaw grabbed his leg in a textbook(under the circumstances )wrestling single/survival manner.I mean- was it looking good for t.j ? Hell no but was he finished one minute in after what I saw and trying to explain ? No.
Everyone was robbed Saturday night.

TJ would likely fight a little smarter in a rematch but changing weight class wouldn't change anything. Dillashaw will still struggle with Cejudo's speed.

I’d bet on tj

The win was a tad flukey and strange but I feel it was earned and a fair stoppage

Sherdog went on and on about how bad the cut looked, if you believe this, it's not unreasonable to thing TJ would do better at BW

honestly i smell a rat.

He wasn't scrambling, he was flailing around the ground like a fish out of water. Watch the gif of the finish again. He only tried to grab Henry's ankle after the ref pulled him off.

Back