Potential for disaster ESPN debut due to Virginia-Duke basketball game running long?

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of ESPN's favorite moneymaking entities is broadcasting Duke basketball games (NCAA makes UFC pay look like the most generous thing ever).
This is supposed to run from 6-8 EST then go into the UFC card.
What are the odds this runs long and the telecast gets screwed up?
We're are 6:28pm right now and the game is only 1/4th over, not including a halftime and potentially late-game slowdowns due to fouls and timeouts.

One of ESPN's favorite moneymaking entities is broadcasting Duke basketball games (NCAA makes UFC pay look like the most generous thing ever).
This is supposed to run from 6-8 EST then go into the UFC card.
What are the odds this runs long and the telecast gets screwed up?
We're are 6:28pm right now and the game is only 1/4th over, not including a halftime and potentially late-game slowdowns due to fouls and timeouts.
May help them keep audience from the game instead of having a break. It’s just the prelims.

Maybe MMA fans will see a real athlete in Zion Williamson. 6’7 290 lbs

I just saw commercials on my ESPN+ stream. Gonna charge me $4.99 a month AND make me suffer through commercials on UFC streams?

Well played, ESPN...

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

“The diaper dandies baby!”

Kenny Florián

Ya I wouldn't worry about it. Not all fights are that big a deal on this card. Honestly there's like 3 I'm interested in.

I just saw commercials on my ESPN+ stream. Gonna charge me $4.99 a month AND make me suffer through commercials on UFC streams?

Well played, ESPN...

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

Yeah this is the world we live in: companies promise a service for free or cheap, then crank up prices, and still serve us ads. I pay for Amazon prime and half the shit in their store is "sponsored products" FOH billionaires.

Fuck basketball

The only thing I really don't like about basketball is how refs can change the course of a game or a series based off of a few calls and they will do it at will for the best possible outcomes money wise. Watching ball games start to finish and seeing all kinds of ridiculous fouls and then watching MMA is so different.

Steph Curry though is the most electrifying man in basketball entertainment.

The Duke game is a perfect lead in for the debut of UFC on ESPN. Smart move by their brass.

I want to watch Glover, NFL guy, Hernandez, battle of the fake titties.

Yeah this is the world we live in: companies promise a service for free or cheap, then crank up prices, and still serve us ads. I pay for Amazon prime and half the shit in their store is "sponsored products" FOH billionaires.

Pretty soon it'll just be one corporation that we buy everything from.
Time/Warner/Disney/GE/GMC/WME/IMDB/PG&E/Halliburton....also known as GloboCorp

The only thing I really don't like about basketball is how refs can change the course of a game or a series based off of a few calls and they will do it at will for the best possible outcomes money wise. Watching ball games start to finish and seeing all kinds of ridiculous fouls and then watching MMA is so different.

Steph Curry though is the most electrifying man in basketball entertainment.
MMA is in the same league regarding ref's impact on a result.

With only three rounds to work, the difference between ignoring a foul, giving a warning for a foul, or taking a point away for a foul puts the outcome in the hands of the ref.

Well it's 7:59pm and there's still 2 minutes of gametime left!

Says event about to begin with glitchy commentating from the basketballgame in the background

Back