Potential for disaster ESPN debut due to Virginia-Duke basketball game running long?

shit we need to wait for this stupid game to finish. I assume they will hold the fights until game is over?

holy shit, its actually happening.

Greatest. Day. Ever.

We now join your regularly scheduled programming, Already in Progress.

This was highly possible. College b-ball gms go from An hr 45 to 2 hrs and 15 mins usually

And it's running long...

One of ESPN's favorite moneymaking entities is broadcasting Duke basketball games (NCAA makes UFC pay look like the most generous thing ever).
This is supposed to run from 6-8 EST then go into the UFC card.
What are the odds this runs long and the telecast gets screwed up?
We're are 6:28pm right now and the game is only 1/4th over, not including a halftime and potentially late-game slowdowns due to fouls and timeouts.
Would be more of a disaster for Duke then anything.....

Disaster? If it goes into OT that's probably even bigger ratings for ESPN. A good lead-in.

For the non b-ball/ESPN viewers you get to see ESPN drooling over Zion even worse than Mir over Torres in WEC. Zion deserves it more than Miguel did though.

This is a disaster. At least Fox Sports had FS2 as a backup.

Remember broadcast FOX UFC debut with like 59 minutes of stupid talking head bullshit then 1 min of fighting when they could have shown Bendo vs Clay Guida?

ESPN is showing SportsCenter now instead of UFC live event???

And they're holding up the event. On the app it says "this program hasn't started yet" at 8:07

I just saw commercials on my ESPN+ stream. Gonna charge me $4.99 a month AND make me suffer through commercials on UFC streams?

Well played, ESPN...

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif

WTF!?! I just signed up there are commercials even..... Hella lame.. ESPN hard fail coming

<GSPWoah>

Welcome to the bigtime, where no one actually cares about this pseudo-sport.

Back